Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Final !!!

Postby Andre147

Next season Selby will have ridiculous amount of ranking money coming off from his brilliant last season, but thing is if he keeps winning these big money tournaments he'll remain WN1 for as long as he likes.

Hendry's 8 consecutve years as WN1 might be in danger if Selby keep going like this.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Next season Selby will have ridiculous amount of ranking money coming off from his brilliant last season, but thing is if he keeps winning these big money tournaments he'll remain WN1 for as long as he likes.

Hendry's 8 consecutve years as WN1 might be in danger if Selby keep going like this.

yea despite having a poor season so far ....after this win he is second to brecel on the one year list.... he is just relentless he could easily surpass Mark Williams tally of 18 rankers next season

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Next season Selby will have ridiculous amount of ranking money coming off from his brilliant last season, but thing is if he keeps winning these big money tournaments he'll remain WN1 for as long as he likes.

yea despite having a poor season so far ....after this win he is second to brecel on the one year list.... he is just relentless he could easily surpass Mark Williams tally of 18 rankers next season

Stop smoking crack....he still has to win another 6.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I agree with Wild on this one.... he's already on 13, he won 5 last season, who's to say he won't win 2 or 3 more this season and then next season tie MJW or surpass him?

By the end of Selby's career he'll have more than MJW, that much I'm sure.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I agree with Wild on this one.... he's already on 13, he won 5 last season, who's to say he won't win 2 or 3 more this season and then next season tie MJW or surpass him?

I agree with you he'll surpass MJW by the time he ends his career, but I doubt it will happen in 1 year.
I also must apologize to Wildey, I forgot there are mickey mouse events like the Indian Open and Malta Cup (which IMO are total garbage), I wasn't taking those into account.
I meant Selby won't win another 6 big/proper events, like this one. I doubt he will have such easy draws anytime soon.

Postby Andre147

To be fair to Selby, all of his ranking event titles have come from tournaments with proper formats, exception the PHC last season.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I agree with you he'll surpass MJW by the time he ends his career, but I doubt it will happen in 1 year.
I also must apologize to Wildey, I forgot there are mickey mouse events like the Indian Open and Malta Cup (which IMO are total garbage), I wasn't taking those into account.
I meant Selby won't win another 6 big/proper events, like this one. I doubt he will have such easy draws anytime soon.

yea but lets not forget Selby has a habit of winning big events these days

Postby TheRocket

Even though I knew that Allen had lost all of his finals against the topplayers before I thought he was capable of winning this given his good H2H against Selby.

But he made fatal errors at key moments and never looked like winning. Selby wasn't at his best either but I think he would have raised his game had Allen played well.

You have to give Selby credit for his consistency and the success he has since the 2016 World Championship.
Last edited by TheRocket on 05 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Selby is like a test match batsman. The longer the frames in an event the more he will be resolute. It is why no one will beat him at The Crucible for the next few years.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Selby is like a test match batsman. The longer the frames in an event the more he will be resolute. It is why no one will beat him at The Crucible for the next few years.

I hope Ding does.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Selby is like a test match batsman. The longer the frames in an event the more he will be resolute. It is why no one will beat him at The Crucible for the next few years.

let's not fool ourselves thinking Selby is invincible because he certainly isn't.

Not even Hendry, Davis were at their prime, certainly not Selby.

A good performance and above all consistent performance by someone at The Crucible, say Trump, Ding or even Ronnie, and Selby could be beaten.

Besides, I do feel he's very vulnarable in the opening rounds of the Worlds, hence why McGill won in 2015.

Postby Wildey

Thats a bold Statement vodka

Mark Selby is the Best player in the world right now however there are others that can play right up there too the difference is consistency Selby has so many standard of game to call on to Win Matches More than any other player ever even Davis and Higgins.

The likes of Hendry and Ronnie could play to a higher level than him But i dont believe anyone could have played as badly as Selby did in 2016 WC and walk away with the title.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Thats a bold Statement vodka

Mark Selby is the Best player in the world right now however there are others that can play right up there too the difference is consistency Selby has so many standard of game to call on to Win Matches More than any other player ever even Davis and Higgins.

The likes of Hendry and Ronnie could play to a higher level than him But i dont believe anyone could have played as badly as Selby did in 2016 WC and walk away with the title.

How Selby won the 2016 Worlds I'll never know...

And after the Final he didnt seem happy at all, if you didn't know the result, you'd say it was Ding who had won the title.

This year he felt happier with his game because he played much better.

But yes anything can change with time, and Selby certainly isn't invincible. Sam Baird for instance was very very close to do what McGill did.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

And after the Final he didnt seem happy at all, if you didn't know the result, you'd say it was Ding who had won the title.

But yes anything can change with time, and Selby certainly isn't invincible. Sam Baird for instance was very very close to do what McGill did.

Plenty are capable of beating Selby at the Crucible provided they can keep a control of their backsides. The way Selby won it in 2016 was a disgrace to snooker, imo. So many players choked against him or just didn't up.

Postby vodkadiet

I agree with all the above comments. However, Selby's aura is increasing year on year, and that is why I think he will win the world title for the next 2 years at least.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Plenty are capable of beating Selby at the Crucible provided they can keep a control of their backsides. The way Selby won it in 2016 was a disgrace to snooker, imo. So many players choked against him or just didn't up.

Look through history and you will see plenty not turning up against the very best.

as vodka said its a aura only the greats have and makes great players in their own right look average and good players rubbish.

its not a disgrace its what every player strives to have as a weapon and it makes winning multiple titles a tad easier.

Postby Andre147

Building such an aura, putting "fear" into your opponents is what's difficult.

Selby kinda has that atm, and I only saw this coming from the greats like Higgins, Ronnie, Davis, Hendry and MJW as well.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Building such an aura, putting "fear" into your opponents is what's difficult.

Selby kinda has that atm, and I only saw this coming from the greats like Higgins, Ronnie, Davis, Hendry and MJW as well.

when Ronnie won the WC in 2013 and then reached the final in 2014 he was as invincible as anyone at the crucible.

it took selby to stop him winning his 6th lets be honest here if he played anyone else at all Ronnie would have won and who knows how invincible he would have been in 2015 for no 7

Postby Andre147

I'm convinced had Ronnie won a 6th World Title in 2014 he would definately have enough motivation to pursue a 7th one.

Since he didn't, and even Hendry admited that back then, I'm sure he wasted a golden chance to tie his record.

He might still win a 6th, but that defeat and the way he lost did put some doubts in his mind.

Postby TheSaviour

Selby´s a bit like the robot. IF something goes wrong he will get beat.. But that´s only if.

Isn´t all the robots using the human witz. Someone has gave the orders how to always react.

So Selby must have had a very good coaching. Or whatever.

Postby TheSaviour

SnookerFan wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:Selby´s a bit like the robot. IF something goes wrong he will get beat.. But that´s only if.

Isn't that true of everybody?

Yup. And that´s why Selby is an ordinary. Just that the other players could also think it as that way. Probably they are.

Which makes me think that Selby must have an excellent, the best, top game. Whether that´s the break-building and / or the tactical game, the safety-game.

Postby TheSaviour

Dan-cat wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:...

Isn´t all the robots using the human witz. .

Didn't there use to be a member of this board called Witz? Before my time but I've heard him mentioned. Saviour has dropped his name a couple of times.

:gangsta:

Yes, you are right. He was Witz78. So he will hit the 40 next year. If he is still alive. Would obviously assume so. He is a scottish bloke. Don´t know if he actually was or is that much of an intelligent. I recall he wasn´t a fan of any particular player or even the scottish players generally. He just was. Just arguing with the Wild. And the stuff like that.

And by the way, Selby won´t be winning the UK, the Masters, or the Worlds anymore. If he can´t play any better than he now has. I don´t care anymore how good his so called top game is. But Ronnie will get better of him. Mark my words. Ronnie will get better of him, he will start to slip more often than he now has.

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:...

Isn´t all the robots using the human witz. .

Didn't there use to be a member of this board called Witz? Before my time but I've heard him mentioned. Saviour has dropped his name a couple of times.

:gangsta:

Yes, you are right. He was Witz78. So he will hit the 40 next year. If he is still alive. Would obviously assume so. He is a scottish bloke. Don´t know if he actually was or is that much of an intelligent. I recall he wasn´t a fan of any particular player or even the scottish players generally. He just was. Just arguing with the Wild. And the stuff like that.

And by the way, Selby won´t be winning the UK, the Masters, or the Worlds anymore. If he can´t play any better than he now has. I don´t care anymore how good his so called top game is. But Ronnie will get better of him. Mark my words. Ronnie will get better of him, he will start to slip more often than he now has.

I do hope you are right Savey Baby :)