Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 29th of October ~ Sunday 5th of November at the Baihu Media Broadcasting Centre, Daqing, China

Mark Selby reaches the Quarter Final in defence of his titlle having not gone beyond this point at all this season he will face Robbie Williams in only his second Quarter Final in a 6 year pro career.

Also in the Last 8 is Judd Trump, Mark Allen, Ali Carter and John Higgins.

High quality line up who will keep their dreams alive at the Semi Final stage?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Mark Selby v Robbie Williams Selby leads 5-0
Allister Carter v Martin Gould Carter leads 4-3
-------------------------------------------------
Judd Trump v Mark Allen Allen leads 11-10
Yan Bingtao v John Higgins Never played before

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Alex0paul

Robbie Williams will hope not to do Somethin' Stupid tomorrow. He has waited an Eternity to get here since turning pro this Millennium. He needs to stay Strong and have No Regrets because a win over Selby would be one to tell the Kids. It would be a real Shame if he were to Come Undone.

Postby Dan-cat

Alex0paul wrote:Robbie Williams will hope not to do Somethin' Stupid tomorrow. He has waited an Eternity to get here since turning pro this Millennium. He needs to stay Strong and have No Regrets because a win over Selby would be one to tell the Kids. It would be a real Shame if he were to Come Undone.

:happy:

Will he Party Like a Russian?

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Robbie Williams will hope not to do Somethin' Stupid tomorrow. He has waited an Eternity to get here since turning pro this Millennium. He needs to stay Strong and have No Regrets because a win over Selby would be one to tell the Kids. It would be a real Shame if he were to Come Undone.

:happy:

Will he Party Like a Russian?

Nah he'll be busy loving angles instead.

Postby Andre147

I'd like to see Bingtao go on and win it but would be incredibly difficult.

Higgins will prove a much greater test than Ronnie. Bingtao will have to score like he did against him and hope Higgins is off his game somewhat.

Trump v Allen should be a great spectacle, always great entertaining matches these two provide.

Postby TheRocket

From what I've seen is that Trump has played the best Snooker so far but we all know he's not the most consistent player.

But as I said in the other thread. Would like to see a Trump-Selby final. Just one multi session match they've had and that was 6 years ago at the China Open final when Trump had his breakthrough.

And Trump is the only topplayer really who hasn't had big battles with Selby so far and therefore no mental scars either. Thats why I think that Trump could be the one who'll beat the almighty Selby at the World Championship next year.

Postby Andre147

Robbo said this on Twitter:

"Make tickets for FREE!!!!!! charging Chinese people a months wages to watch a match is scandalous."

Can't say I disagree with him, the venue has been empty all tournament, only in the Ding and Ronnie's matches it had some people.