Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Last 16 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 29th of October ~ Sunday 5th of November at the Baihu Media Broadcasting Centre, Daqing, China

Kyren Wilson made a maximum but lost 6-5 to Martin Gould from 4-0 up and Yan Bingtao carried on from his win over Ronnie and beat Ricky Walden.

Also in the last 16 are Judd Trump, John Higgins, Neil Robertson, Mark Allen, Ali Carter, Shaun Murphy and World Champion Mark Selby after a tense battle with Tom Ford winning 6-4.

Who will make the last 8?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Last 16 !!!

Postby Andre147

Do agree with TR on the earlier thread...

Robbo is scoring as well as ever, and this win over Selt from 5-2 down might give him the boost he needs. I get the feeling this season that's all he needs... a click and he'll win big tournaments again... and I think he'll win one this season. He did win the Hong Kong Masters but was an invitational.

Postby Andre147

Selby v Robbo in the Quarters would be very interesting, always love their matches and been quite a while since they played each other.

But I want MJW to win v Selby though.

The other ideal Quarters would be Bingtao v Higgins, Allen v Trump (even v Wenbo wuld be great) and the other Quarter cant be fussed.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Remember when Selby vs Robertson was rare?

Until 2012 they pretty much only played at the CL.

Ever since they have had some very high profile matches, including Finals of the UK and Masters, plus that great semi at the 2014 Worlds.

Postby Pedro147

Robbie Williams 5-1 up against Robertson, still best of 11. Will need a massive comeback like yesterday or he'll be packing his bags.

On a side note I'm very happy there's a snooker player called Robbie Williams. If he ever gets a maxi the hashtag on social media has to be #shestheone47

Postby Wildey

At last Jack Lisowski is starting to put in some consistent performances.

When you talk about Best player never to win a ranker Jack is right up there for Pure Natrual Talent

Postby Wildey

It seems Joyce has chances first in Most frames but scores very low and Higgins finishes the job

Higgins 5-1 Joyce

Postby Wildey

Two former World Champions Shaun Murphy and Neil Robertson was bundled out of the Tournament this Morning both losing 6-2 to Ali Carter and Robbie Williams respectively.

Meanwhile teenage sensation Yan Bingtao who is almost 10 years younger than Lisowski his oponement has gone 5-4 up

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Robbo back in 17th place for the Masters... http://www.wpbsa.com/rankings/race-to-the-masters/

Still 3 more tournaments to go and theres only about 1000 between him and Ryan Day in 15th no disrespect to them i fully expect Robbo to be at the Masters

Is his UK money not going to drop off?
Last edited by eraserhead on 01 Nov 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

Yan Bingtao is definitly the real deal how many times have we seen players flop after a win like he had against Ronnie but hes in to only his second Quarter Final following his Geman Masters run earlier this year when he lost 5-2 to Stuart Bingham.

Postby Wildey

eraserhead wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Robbo back in 17th place for the Masters... http://www.wpbsa.com/rankings/race-to-the-masters/

Still 3 more tournaments to go and theres only about 1000 between him and Ryan Day in 15th no disrespect to them i fully expect Robbo to be at the Masters

Is his UK money not going to drop off?

on the list Dan Cat showed you the UK Points already droped off

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:on the list Dan Cat showed you the UK Points already droped off

Ah right I've been thinking Robo's situation was worse than it is then.

Oh and Neil has just two events to make it as he didn't qualify for Shanghhai.
Last edited by eraserhead on 01 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

eraserhead wrote:Yan is going to get a proper test against Higgins will have to watch that one.

Joyce had chances in most frames reaching 50+ points in 4 of the 7 frames played and couldnt convert i will sugest Higgins needs to up his game considerably to beat Yan Bingtao.

Postby Wildey

This will be Robbie Williams second Quarter Final appearance 4 years after his first in the 2013 Indian Open at that time he beat Anthony McGill 4-0 before Ding Junhui put payed to his chances with a 4-1 Semi Final win.

Postby Wildey

second session underway and the pick of the matches is Selby v Williams

Selby the runaway World number 1 BUT Williams has had the best season of the two

Postby TheRocket

Selby has always struggled to beat post-prime Williams who obviously is nowhere near the player he once was.

That makes me think that prime Williams would have beaten Selby a lot. At least more often than not.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Selby has always struggled to beat post-prime Williams who obviously is nowhere near the player he once was.

That makes me think that prime Williams would have beaten Selby a lot. At least more often than not.

Williams regularly beat Ronnie, Higgins and Hendry during his peak so he would have had no problems whatsoever with Selby.