Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:it's a PR disaster. As discussed on the other thread with Cloudy thue should be filling the arena with comped tickets as part of the marketing spend.. Look at our great sport! er... no one shows up. 'Yes but there are millions watching all over China and the world. 'Yes, they are looking at empty seats.'

I didn't post much yesterday, as I was Sky Plussing the games and on result avoidance.

I agree though. It's sad.

There weren't even any crowds in for the Ding game yesterday.

Postby Dan-cat

TTWITTER ATTACK(S)

Neal Foulds‏ @fouldsy147
Kyren Wilson’s maximum break just now seemed to be greeted with zero applause. Either the audience are hard to please or there isn’t one.

snookerbacker‏ @snookerbacker 1h hour ago
Kyren's 147 from earlier today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GM7wwISdq0
Already 94 views, which is 1000% more than watched it live.

LOLZZZZzzzz

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:it's a PR disaster. As discussed on the other thread with Cloudy thue should be filling the arena with comped tickets as part of the marketing spend.. Look at our great sport! er... no one shows up. 'Yes but there are millions watching all over China and the world. 'Yes, they are looking at empty seats.'

They only turned up for Ronnie lol.

I agree this looks embarrassing though. Surely they could give the tickets away for free to local clubs and schools? What have they got to lose?

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm seeing complaints on Twitter about poor crowds.

Same old China.

Twitter loves a good moan.

Got a point though.

Having no crowds at a major is embarrassing. Even for a pretend major like the International Championship.

Move it to Germany. They'd turn up.

Germany has different problems though. No local sponsors willing to back the event.

Postby kolompar

OPPO is the world's 4th best selling smartphone brand and the number 1 in China. Its parent company BBK Electronics also has the OnePlus and Vivo brands and is the 2nd largest smartphone manufacturer in the world.

Postby Dan-cat

kolompar wrote:OPPO is the world's 4th best selling smartphone brand and the number 1 in China. Its parent company BBK Electronics also has the OnePlus and Vivo brands and is the 2nd largest smartphone manufacturer in the world.

I heard that the CEO got married last week. The reception was terrible.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:I think, Matthew Selts incredible aura when he's walking around the table is affecting Neil Robertson.

But Neil's got to stay strong. He can do it.

Selty now leads 5-2.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:I think, Matthew Selts incredible aura when he's walking around the table is affecting Neil Robertson.

But Neil's got to stay strong. He can do it.

Aura around the table. rofl rofl rofl

Robertson is distracted by the light reflecting off of Selt's head, more like. *

* Joke copyrighted to Chas And Dave.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:

Happy halloween everyone!

Neil really shouldn't be 3-0 down to Selt and Ronnie and Ding going out early is a shame.

That was odd, weren't it?

The only Halloween movie not to feature Michael Myers.