Post a reply

Who will be the first WC born after 1990?

Postby mick745

Mark Selby, the current World Champion was born in 1983. Probably the two biggest stars that haven't yet won the WC are Ding and Trump who were also born in the 1980s.

However, although it is too early to see whether there is going to be a sea-change, three of the four Semi-Finalists in the English Open were 26 and under.

Who then do you think will be the first World Champion born after 1990?

Kyren Wilson or Anthony McGill perhaps?

Maybe one of the young chinese players, Haotian, Bingtao, Yuelong, Sijun or Xintong?

Is Alexander Ursenbacher the new star?

Maybe Luca Brecel, Hossein Vafaei or Akani Songsermsawad.

Will Michael White or Jack Lisowski finally step up to the mark?

Your thoughts?

Re: Who will be the first WC born after 1990?

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Good question. For me, the most likely is McGill. He is nearly in possession of a complete game and showed tonight that he is a fierce competitor under pressure.

"I'm not good enough to be World Champion." McGill.

Postby mick745

It is funny how so few British players are now in the 'Future World Champion?' bracket. There really seems to be a 'lost generation' born after early 1990s.

Personally I think Wilson, Yuelong or Bingtao are most likely.

Postby kolompar

McGill and Wilson just don't feel that special for me. Lisowski and White are talented but don't have the all-round game and they are older now so I don't see them improving much. Vafaei and Brecel are similar but they are younger.
I like Yan Bingtao but he's still too young, even born after 2000.
I'm going for Akani grinding his way to a world title.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:McGill and Wilson just don't feel that special for me. Lisowski and White are talented but don't have the all-round game and they are older now so I don't see them improving much. Vafaei and Brecel are similar but they are younger.
I like Yan Bingtao but he's still too young, even born after 2000.
I'm going for Akani grinding his way to a world title.

Be funny if Yan Bingtao won it, before anybody born in the 1990s.

Seems so weird that no 90s kids have done it yet.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't think a player from Asia will win the WC for some time yet - 5 years min. However, when they do then the sport will shift on it's axis.

My bet for first Asian player will be Bingtao.

I finally believe Ding will win a WC. He'll do it in the next five years.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't think a player from Asia will win the WC for some time yet - 5 years min. However, when they do then the sport will shift on it's axis.

My bet for first Asian player will be Bingtao.

James Wattana. <ok>