Post a reply

English Open Day Six

Postby Andre147

It's Day Six of the English Open, and we are down to the Semi.-Finals stage.

First up playing at 1 p.m we have Kyren Wilson playing up against Switzerland's Alexander Ursenbacher. Who would have thought the Swiss player could reach this stage, especially after beating confortably top player Shaun Murphy and Paul Hunter Classic winner Michael White 5-0.

He'll have a tough task, but he's proved he can handle them, plus Ursenbacher has won their sole encounter, 5-4 at the 2014 Wuxi Classic. This is indeed turning out to be a great story and great for the game that this season we are having young emerging talents in the game.

In the evening at 7 p.m we have Scotland's Anthony McGill, who denied an out of good form Neil Robertson a place in the Semi-Finals, up against 5 time World Champion and legend Ronnie O'Sullivan. The h2h isn't great for McGill, having lost all 5 matches, the closest being at the 2014 UK Quarter-Finals when he ran O'Sullivan close and only lost 6-4.

Who shall reach the Final?

Re: English Open Day Six

Postby Andre147

If the favourites win we have a Kyren v Ronnie Final. I could see Kyren beating him over 17 frames, but he would have to play similar to what he did when he won his Shanghai Masters title against Trump.

Ronnie seems motivated and well up for this, so that can only be good for his chances.

But I think I'll be rooting for Ursenbacher to reach the Final simpy because what a great story that would be. A pity I cant watch both Semis tomorrow, but I will later in the evening.

Good luck Ursenbacher and Ronnie.

Postby LeonD123

Ursenbacher said to a Swiss newspaper that he'll buy a real pro table with his earnings. The table he usually play on in Basel is way too slow.

Postby eraserhead

Looking forward to seeing how Ursenbacher plays.

Postby eraserhead

Good solid break to start 1-0 Ursenbacher.

Postby Iceman33

Before the season started I expected good things from Ursenbacher and Lukas Kleckers. Kleckers has 1 win this season, but Alex has been amazing, I didn`t expect him to be that good. Michael White was obliterated yesterday, and I can honestly see the Swiss winning today too.

Postby eraserhead

Great shot on the blue. Moving the cueball so easily.

What a start! 60+ break in the first frame and now a 80+ to go 2-0.

Postby Cloud Strife

Was Ursenbacher always regarded as an up and coming talent? I don't recall him doing much before this season.

Postby eraserhead

Looks to be relishing the occasion as well which is great.

Postby Cloud Strife

eraserhead wrote:Looks to be relishing the occasion as well which is great.

Are you always this patronising? =p

Postby eraserhead

Cloud Strife wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Looks to be relishing the occasion as well which is great.

Are you always this patronising? =p

Didn't mean to sound patronising. <laugh>

Good match so far.