Post a reply

Who ends their career with most titles? Ronnie or Higgins?

Ronnie O'Sullivan
56%
John Higgins
44%

Total votes : 16

Re: Who ends their career with most titles? Ronnie or Higgin

Postby Andre147

I voted John Higgins because I think he'll play longer than Ronnie, and because he plays in more tournaments than him.

The difference might only be 1 title though, but somehow I don't think they will finish their careers tied.

Postby TheSaviour

The only thing required from John is to keep it steady. Then I would say he´s the man. And he has been able to do that; to keep it steady. So he is fitting the bill. Go on John. And forget us.

So Ronnie has once again succumbed to his old poor ways. Not any suprising, however. He´s a bit of Jack the lad, he´s not a bad or a poor lad at all; he can keep up and keep on going with the others. But I can´t see him to be that much of a creative or better than the rest. So he won´t be making any insane records.

A bit of a an upstairs, downstairs people around here.. Can see. Someone just should mention to lots of people that psssssssssssttttttttt, it´s not actually quite right that you know.. But I can´t say anything like that because they just wouldn´t believe me. I don´t quite know if they would believe if someone else would mention something.

I just thought I need to take an advantage. And to apologise my poor behaviour earlier on. Just don´t allow just a one person to decide or to dictate how it is. Or you can. But then an every day is a completely new one once again. And then you are definetely putting too much pressure. Then THEY have absolutely no other option than to succumb to their old poor ways. Just don´t mimic that much.

No break-building anymore. Just an every day is a new one. Glad that the security issues are now sorted. No any warnings anymore! :clap: :clap:

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:The only thing required from John is to keep it steady. Then I would say he´s the man. And he has been able to do that; to keep it steady. So he is fitting the bill. Go on John. And forget us.

So Ronnie has once again succumbed to his old poor ways. Not any suprising, however. He´s a bit of Jack the lad, he´s not a bad or a poor lad at all; he can keep up and keep on going with the others. But I can´t see him to be that much of a creative or better than the rest. So he won´t be making any insane records.

A bit of a an upstairs, downstairs people around here.. Can see. Someone just should mention to lots of people that psssssssssssttttttttt, it´s not actually quite right that you know.. But I can´t say anything like that because they just wouldn´t believe me. I don´t quite know if they would believe if someone else would mention something.

I just thought I need to take an advantage. And to apologise my poor behaviour earlier on. Just don´t allow just a one person to decide or to dictate how it is. Or you can. But then an every day is a completely new one once again. And then you are definetely putting too much pressure. Then THEY have absolutely no other option than to succumb to their old poor ways. Just don´t mimic that much.

No break-building anymore. Just an every day is a new one. Glad that the security issues are now sorted. No any warnings anymore! :clap: :clap:

:anyone:

Postby Dan-cat

No probs Savey-baby. We kept these boards alive for you. We built this city on rock and roll. Can you hear me calling, out your name. You know that I'm falling and I don't know what to say. I'll speak a little louder, I'll even shout. You know that I'm proud, and I can't get the words out. Oh I, I want to be with you everywhere. Oh I, I want to be with you everywhere. Wanna be with you everywhere. Something's happening, happening to me. My friends say I'm acting peculiarly.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:It depends if Ronnie bothers to turn up or not. He will surpass Hendry whilst Higgins will decline very soon now.

DECLINE!

We are in unchartered territory at this point. Higgins and Ronnie are simply better players than the new batch. Aside from the odd lapse in concentration, if they play their A game they win. Simple as that.

Ronnie was talking about this in an interview last week, that they (him and Higgins) could do another 5 or 6 years in the top 16

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
We are in unchartered territory at this point. Higgins and Ronnie are simply better players than the new batch. Aside from the odd lapse in concentration, if they play their A game they win. Simple as that.

Ronnie was talking about this in an interview last week, that they (him and Higgins) could do another 5 or 6 years in the top 16

We all thought Higgins was gone a couple of years ago, but since he's won several tournaments and been a Crucible finalist.

I know I've probably bored everybody with my decline jokes, but that's only because I find it a bit baffling. That "mug comment" from ACLT where he said Ronnie would never be in another final was in 2014. That was obviously nonsense, but a lot of people seem overwhelmed at Ronnie's "inability to win tournaments". Despite Ronnie's "decline" he won The Masters last season, and was a losing finalist in three other tournaments. I find the panic a bit overwhelming.

I know by "decline" we mean maybe "less consistent". And yes, in their 40s, they can't go on forever. But even so. Ronnie has won two events in 2017, and has more tournament wins in him, I'm sure. Higgins probably does too. The idea that we completely right off talents such as these, just because of a few losses to Michael Holt or whatever, isn't correct.

At TSF, they were panicking that Selby is 'past it', just due to results this season.

Seems there's a lot of overreacting, to me. :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:You look at Ronnie's career, he's always had fallow periods. Who's to say he's not on the brink of another glorious period.

Also, on another note, I wish your decline jokes would... decline.

:P

Yeah, I've probably overdone it. Like most jokes. rofl #chickenmadras

Yes, he's had a couple of lengthy trophy-less runs in his career, even at his peak. It happens. People should stop worrying about it. I've been saying that for yonks.

Enjoy him whilst he's here, if we're all so worried he won't be soon. <ok>