Post a reply

Zhao Xintong

Postby mick745

Zhao Xintong is not at the moment having a particularly good season and unless he strings some results together in the next few tournaments he will be in danger of dropping off the tour at the end of his two year card. He is languishing in the rankings and has at least 20k to make up on those above him. I really hope this doesn't happen. I watched his 5-1 demolition of John Higgins in the German Masters qualifiers last season and thought he could have a really big future in the game but progress has been slow, especially if you compare to two similarly aged Chinese players Bingtao and Yuelong.

While he has been a little unlucky with some of his draws this season (Selby getting 4 centuries in a 4-1 win a few weeks ago) he has still lost to some middle ranking players he might have been expected to have beaten. Although there is still plenty of the season left maybe the other players have figured him out? Hope somebody takes him under their wing and teach him how to win matches. Maybe it is a confidence thing?

Re: Zhao Xintong

Postby eraserhead

XIntong, Bingtao and Yuelong are often talked about together with Xintong sometimes being claimed as the most naturally talented. Yuelong and Bingtao have really adapted to the tour are getting decent results and climbing the rankings. Hopefully he stays on tour but probably has to change something in his game.

Postby Johnny Bravo

eraserhead wrote:XIntong, Bingtao and Yuelong are often talked about together with Xintong sometimes being claimed as the most naturally talented. Yuelong and Bingtao have really adapted to the tour are getting decent results and climbing the rankings. Hopefully he stays on tour but probably has to change something in his game.

I consider him the best ball potter from the new chinese wave. However, the other 2 are more well rounded players.
As 4 changes in his game, he needs to improve his safety and stop going for every pot.

Postby kolompar

Zhao was the most hyped of the Chinese players while achieving the least. He also had trouble qualifying for the tour though I'm sure he would breeze through Q School now. I think he's more like the next Jack Lisowski than the next Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker is a game of temprement, confidence and the ability to bring your practice form to the table in front of a crowd.

Natural talent in itself isn't enough.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:This is the dude that ran Ronnie close last year with a scintillating display?

Yes. Ronnie praised him afterwards.

Postby mick745

Mark Williams said of him after beating him in the World Qualifiers:

“I’ve been watching him a lot and if anything he has really frustrated me. He has the ability to win tournaments, he is that good. He just goes for the most outrageous shots that you shouldn’t be going for and that is the only reason that he hasn’t got to the latter stages of tournaments yet. If you could get him down to my club for 12 months I think I could make him a tournament winner.”

He needs to take these sorts of comments on board.

Postby gcjdavid

He just won Stevens with 2 80+ breaks and a century.

Postby TheSaviour

Yes but he´s rubbish,

And now suddenly he is supposed to be the brainy lad :bump1:.

I suppose they all have always think that they are that. But finally people admitting there are some funny faces with no any reason. And we are supposed to be the fan boys and the girls of them and to mimic them. Yes all the imitating is good, no, an extremely good, and the game never will get forward too much as long as that is happening. :wave: :wave: :D But those funny faces are something they find they should defend to. Fine by me, as long as I don´t have to look like any of that.

All the fans knows that it really takes some skills to really execute. Even when I actually hate that word, skills. As I am a much more like a calculating person. But a very few are, and so they do know that it would require some serious skills to make any real damage. Many players or the fans are a very keen to promote the game by some other ways than to just to play. And are really happy to be just a part of it.

There´s an illusion that everything goes. When there are some good days, which almost all the days are. But there also are some really poor days which does the damage. So that going forward and forward and forward is just an illusion.

I must admit I am slightly bored with the game. It´s not really a way to play the game as most of the top players have recently played. Many 147s. But those are rubbish. That´s not the way to play the game or to promote the game. All of those players out there have stopped to calculate how many 147s the have made when the figure hits the 200. While practising, while practice matches.

I don´t know what suppose to happen that I would be keen to follow the game once again. I was over the moon while Zhao beat Matthew Stevens, nevertheless. Just probably too much drama out there to my liking. But I suppose that´s just the big world then. I am only a one zero short of my top game. And that´s not much anything when everything is going very well now indeed. So I am personally doing really well so I can find a snooker a bit boring and drifting away from the game. But I might be start to playing myself soon. Perhaps March the 1st. If and when I have calculated things right. I am only going to require the licence.