Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters back on

Postby TheSaviour

If Judd doesn´t get better of Joe Swail I will do that what was previously being discussed over: I will find Dennis Taylor, and will make it look like an accident.

If Judd doesn´t beat Joe Swail I will find Reanne Evans also and will make it look like an accident.

But afternoon session is loaded with the star players: Mark Williams, Ronnie O´Sullivan, Neil Robertson and Anthony McGill. Should all produce a great show and they all are now a very tough to beat.

But the jokes have been just so funny lol. Whether it has been Dennis Taylor or whoever. It is not even possible that the jokes around the game would get anymore funnier. What can get better is the even more precise cue ball controls.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I would love it - love it! - if Chris Keogan could win tomorrow.

Even me having Ron as my favourite player if that happened I wouldn't mind honestly... Ronnie shouldn't have said players like Chris are numpties... he may have a point when he says you dont see the likes of Federer, Nadal, etc playing in those sort of qualifiers, and instead go straight to the main venue, but the point is "numpties" like Chris have actually been beating Ronnie recently... Chris Wakelin last year at the English Open a prime example of it.

Ronnie will probably hammer Keogan but even so...

Postby Andre147

In the past Ronnie used to dislike playing in China, but nowadays he plays quite often there, 2 or 3 times a season... and the main reason I think is that the chinese promoters pay him an appearance fee...

Not that I have anything against that, this has been a norm in Tennis for years and years with the top players and if it gives incentive for big names like Ronnie to play abroad, then I'm all for it.

Postby Andre147

Great 77 clearance from Ronnie to lead 4-0. Keogan really should have won that frame, so that puts to bed any glimmer of hope the "numpty" had of winning this match.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I would love it - love it! - if Chris Keogan could win tomorrow.

Even me having Ron as my favourite player if that happened I wouldn't mind honestly... Ronnie shouldn't have said players like Chris are numpties... he may have a point when he says you dont see the likes of Federer, Nadal, etc playing in those sort of qualifiers, and instead go straight to the main venue, but the point is "numpties" like Chris have actually been beating Ronnie recently... Chris Wakelin last year at the English Open a prime example of it.

Ronnie will probably hammer Keogan but even so...

This Keegan fella shouldn't even be in the same room as Ronnie.

Postby Cloud Strife

What a mistake that was from Totten. Miscueing when in with a chance for the match. Won't be surprised if Robertson won this now.

Postby Cloud Strife

OoNebsoO wrote:Robertson just left the arena...took the cue with him, tip problems?

Gamesmanship.

Postby Andre147

This from the World Snooker website:

"Tour rookie Chris Totten recorded a stunning 5-2 defeat of 2010 World Champion Neil Robertson to book his spot in Shanghai."

rofl rofl <doh> <doh> rofl rofl

Postby TheSaviour

Joe Perry once again raised the roof. I still find him as a man to beat. He top scored with a 142. Against Liam Highfield. I am not going to say anything about Highfield. Many people thought he would again have a busy November. But now it seem it will be Neil Robertson who will that.

But Ronnie once again Saved My Butt. There were a very nice balance. Nothing anything too sizeable. I once again thought I really need to post something considering what day of the week now it is and giving how much troubles I had after Jack performance. And Ronnie really fitted that bill. What would be the benefits if he would had once again scored for example a 125 and a 140 while scrapping past his opponent 5-3. With a performance and the centuries what has been seen time after a time while absolutely nothing new in it. Jon Ronson or some French players would play like that if they would have the ability. Now it was nothing too sizeable yet still 5-0 victory. He could make a 147 soon again, nevertheless. It could be good if the people could just underline the time they think will be the day again. Nothing else required or what I would expect. Just underline the day. Because the way it currently is everyone think every single day is the day. I must admit there has been some mistakes. But just underline the day and I would be happy. It can´t be that much difficult to admit something.

I feel like I could smash that Jon Ronson sad little game. He is statistician, absolutely nothing else. I am completely bored seeing his sad face. Everything he tells that should some sort of a "deep truths" are just some figures and statistics of which he uses to of trying to make everyone happy. It would only require a few lines and his whole game would come to an end. And some French people just keep on vandalising the streets of Paris. :sad: :sad: :mood: :mood: The problem with these scores of players is that they never can change a thing. It always just are the traditions. Every single day and a week must be exactly the same as it always has been. With same rains, with the same breakfastses, with the same performances.

Postby Andre147

Andre147 wrote:This from the World Snooker website:

"Tour rookie Chris Totten recorded a stunning 5-2 defeat of 2010 World Champion Neil Robertson to book his spot in Shanghai."

I only just realised Totten DID beat Robbo... when i left home Robbo was 2 nil up, I thought it was next to impossible a rookie like Totten winning the whole matdh, but fact is he did it without even Robbo winning any more frames. Shame on me for not checking the result later lol... amd thinking WS had made a mess.. wouldnt be first time though..

Robbo really ia struggling the past 1 and a half year... if he doesnt get good results in the coming he might miss out a spot at The Masters, he currently lies 17th in the provisional rankings. Dont know whats happening with him (maybe too many videogames) but really struggling atm.

Postby TheSaviour

Well I have been in Stockholm many times lol.

But thanks anyway. I can try to be more in fact. Regardless who is posting what I found great is if it is precise. Even if slightly out of topic but if the issues and names are precise I found it a very pleasing.

That reminds me of how Ronnie played against Keagon during this tournament qualifiers. Well everyone knows there are a few "spots" on the snooker table where if the cue ball is positioned there are a huge adavantage. For example a one between the yellow spot and the blue spot. Position there offers a sure split of the pack of the reds from the blue. Ronnie tried to look those spots and he found those. If playing like that it puts the opponent under the huge pressure. Keogan was in big troubles after Ronnie again found those spots. He is no mug by any means, quite on the contrary actually.

Jimmy and Ronnie play a bit differently these days. If Jimmy can keep on playing like that he will be going out on a high. The wins have just been avoiding Jimmy lately. But absolutely nothing wrong with the way he is playing. Stephen Hendry got out on a high also, making a 147 in Sheffield back in 2012, the last tournament he professionally played! And that was the first the day of the tournament! There actually is a thing called cumulative return also. The only way to get rid of that is to drink 5 litres of Fanta and to eat a family size pizza lol. To get back into it, to feel no pressure from the pasts anymore.

Now we do have the proofs. About how Reanne´s rather tactical snooker has changed the mens game also. Let´s still see what happens in Barnsley over the next week.

Never say that an every shot someone plays is rubbish. That´s similar as having no self-critics at all. As poor.

I do feel that I have a thinking difference over the people who just smashes the ball. I am a more serene. I wouldn´t go as far as saying I would have a thinking advantage, but a thinking difference for sure. And that´s why I can keep on posting. All those people argues they are just that, a ball smashers. And that´s what they like to be.

Shaun Murphy did not SH even when he a very much was tempted to do so lol. His God would take of the difference he has if he would do that.. You know.. ;-) And it´s a sin.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 16 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:This from the World Snooker website:

I only just realised Totten DID beat Robbo... when i left home Robbo was 2 nil up, I thought it was next to impossible a rookie like Totten winning the whole matdh, but fact is he did it without even Robbo winning any more frames. Shame on me for not checking the result later lol... amd thinking WS had made a mess.. wouldnt be first time though..

Robbo really ia struggling the past 1 and a half year... if he doesnt get good results in the coming he might miss out a spot at The Masters, he currently lies 17th in the provisional rankings. Dont know whats happening with him (maybe too many videogames) but really struggling atm.

Well he is in his mid-thirties now so it's quite possible his best days are behind him and we aren't going to see his form turnaround. Most players go into permanent decline around this sort of age so it's not something that is unique to him.

Nothing to be ashamed of though, not everybody can be like John Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan and still win titles consistently in their late 30s and early 40s. Those two are the exception, not the norm.