Post a reply

The Semi Final Thread

Postby SnookerFan

Semi-Finals

Matches best of 11

Midday. Judd Trump Vs Cao Yupeng

6pm. Stuart Bingham vs Zhou Yuelong

I ain't a mod, but I decided the semis deserved their own thread. So talk about it all here.

Who is watching, and what are your predictions?

Re: The Semi Final Thread

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Good work SF. Zhou is my new favourite. He wiped the floor with McGill

Yes. Impressive performance that, wasn't it?

I worry about the nerves factor. Will the occasion get the better of him at some point in the next two matches?

An all Asian final would be cool though.

Looking forward to Judd vs Cao tomorrow though.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 07 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Good work SF. Zhou is my new favourite. He wiped the floor with McGill

He reminds me massively of Jimmy White.

He is the best breakbuilder under the age of 20 I've seen since Sullivan and Hendry. It's just a pity that he's also the loosest player I've seen since Liang first came on the scene.

Postby TheSaviour

Pink Ball wrote:

He reminds me massively of Jimmy White.

Yep. I first spotted him during this year World Cup of snooker where he represented the China´s B team. I was highly impressed of his straight as a dead cueing, as I have already mentioned. I still wouldn´t go as far as you have. He might still require an optimal conditions. I mean not any extra humidity or the crowd interactions. What probably works in his favour is a really tight pockets. So he might a one to watch when it is a Sheffield times. He might be slightly lightweighted in terms of tactical playing. But perhaps you have just see more from him or can think it more rationally than I can.

By the way, there are some security problems with these sites at the moment. Has been something like 5 days now. The systems I have running warns that the site is not the safe. It is somehow been hijacked. But not my issue. Just mention about it, if someone can or want´s to do something to sort it out.

So it is Judd who is once again leading the field. Mark Allen missed some pots even Jerry Seinfeld would had made lol. Or JOPESALMI or Jessi Vatanen lol. I don´t know if I like Judd anymore. Something always happens when he is around. I think he is a lunatic the whole man. The reigning champion of the United Kingdom, Mark Selby. Crashed out against Stuart Bingham.... :chin:

Postby mick745

Previous ranking SF appearances by Chinese players:

Ding Junhui - 28 times
Liang Wenbo - 5 times
Xiao Guodong - 3 times
Yu Delu - once
Li Hang - once
Xu Si - once