Post a reply

World Snooker International Championship Last 128 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 26th ~ Friday 29th of September at the Guild Hall, Preston

World Champion Mark Selby has not had the greatest of start to the season and he will have to wait until the end of October to start the defense of his title playing Yorkshire Rookie Ashley Hugill.

In total there will be 112 players in Preston trying to gain 56 spots and Join Mark Selby, Ding Junhui, John Higgins amongst others at the Main Venue.

Players at Preston includes Mark Williams, Neil Robertson, Stuart Bingham, Shaun Murphy, Ali Carter, Stephen Maguire, Graeme Dott, Judd Trump, Marco Fu, Barry Hawkins and 5 times World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Who will make it through and join Mark Selby and Co?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 128 !!!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Alex0paul wrote:i stayed in the same B&B as Leo Fernandez when I played in the English Open in 2008. The landlords said he stank

rofl

1. Didn't know you were a pro - always thought you talked well about snooker but had no idea.

2. They sound like pretty unkind landlords - I hope you stuck up for a fellow pro.

3. I still wish Leo all the best as - nauseous smelling or not -he has served his time and must be keen to make amends on the green baize.

:mosh:

Postby Dan-cat

kolompar wrote:Best of 11s, no wild cards, many of the Chinese have their matches held over to the venue and Leo Fernandez is back. Everyone should be happy with this tournament.

The Leo Fernandez story is ludicrous. Feathered the white on his first break off... foul four away... bets were laid on him having the first foul of the match.

Postby LC

I read the link posted yesterday about the betting problem in snooker, Fernandez seemed quite dodgy and in the article it was suggested that where lots of other matches that people on the internet knew where going to finish a certain way, not good!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

LC wrote:I read the link posted yesterday about the betting problem in snooker, Fernandez seemed quite dodgy and in the article it was suggested that where lots of other matches that people on the internet knew where going to finish a certain way, not good!

Uncomfortable reading indeed! Hope this is in the past as I have been naively optimistic before. That was with cycling and Lance.

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:I read the link posted yesterday about the betting problem in snooker, Fernandez seemed quite dodgy and in the article it was suggested that where lots of other matches that people on the internet knew where going to finish a certain way, not good!

People should come forward, or keep quiet.

No point in announcing that lots of people do it, if you aren't going to name names.

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:i stayed in the same B&B as Leo Fernandez when I played in the English Open in 2008. The landlords said he stank

rofl

1. Didn't know you were a pro - always thought you talked well about snooker but had no idea.

2. They sound like pretty unkind landlords - I hope you stuck up for a fellow pro.

3. I still wish Leo all the best as - nauseous smelling or not -he has served his time and must be keen to make amends on the green baize.

:mosh:

I was never a pro, just liked to play in the big Pro-Am comps.

Lots of 6-5s today

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

People should come forward, or keep quiet.

No point in announcing that lots of people do it, if you aren't going to name names.

Absolutely Put up or Shut up

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams lost the opening frame against Boonyarit Keattikun of Thailand but ended up winning 6-1 with a top break of 129 in frame 6.

And Mike Dunn who tweeted few days ago about a medical problem hes got once again is 5-0 down to Martin O'Donnell

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:First Match after reaching the Indian Open semi final Xu Si lost 6-2 to David Grace afteit was 2-2 at the interval

:anyone:

First Match after reaching the Indian Open semi final Xu Si lost 6-2 to David Grace after it was 2-2 at the interval

<ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Maaaaarvellous stuff from Mags,wins 6-3.

Borg got a 61,89,followed by 3 consecutive tons,a *166*,*129,*111* thrown at him.

The Maltese grandpa hit back winnin 3 frames on the trot,only to succumb to the on song Scot,Mags finished him off with the help of a 54. :happy:

Postby mick745

hendry_fan wrote:Maaaaarvellous stuff from Mags,wins 6-3.

Borg got a 61,89,followed by 3 consecutive tons,a *166*,*129,*111* thrown at him.

The Maltese grandpa hit back winnin 3 frames on the trot,only to succumb to the on song Scot,Mags finished him off with the help of a 54. :happy:

yes remarkable 166 break from Maguire!!