Post a reply

Yushan World Open Last 16 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 18th of September ~ Sunday 24th of September at the Yushan Number One Middle School, Yushan, China

In a Round that saw 5 Matches go to a decider Former World Champion Stuart Bingham bit the dust while another Former World Champions Neil Robertson and John Higgins was involved in nail biting matches that went to deciders against Ben Woollaston and Matthew Selt respectively to progress in to this Round.

In recent weeks Luca Brecel and Anthony McGill have made finals Luca won in the China Championship and Anthony lost in India and both are in the last 16 here hoping to pocket the winners Cheq.

Who will reach the quarter finals?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Yushan World Open Last 16 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams is in the Quarter Final having conceded only 1 frame that includes last 128

Christopher Keogan 5-0
Matthew Stevens 5-0
Chen Zhe 5-0
Jimmy Robertson 5-1

Postby Wildey

What i saw of Higgins in India his overall performance was not that Great and this week he got found out.

Whats great about Higgins is he fights and wins tournaments he shouldnt.

Other players plays Brilliantly in 3 matches then runs out of steam like Shaun Murphy has throughout his career.

Postby eraserhead

Out of the people left I'd love a Ding - Allen final. If not that then to see Kyren, McGill or Luca there. Great chance for Luca to secure his top 16 place! :D

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Wildey wrote:What i saw of Higgins in India his overall performance was not that Great and this week he got found out.

Whats great about Higgins is he fights and wins tournaments he shouldnt.

Other players plays Brilliantly in 3 matches then runs out of steam like Shaun Murphy has throughout his career.

But he lost some finals lately which he should have won.

Postby kolompar

It's Gilbert's second ranking quarter final in a week, before this season he reached only 3 and that includes the Shootout. Best player never to win a ranker.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:McGill, Hang, Brecel and Ding to win hopefully

Brecel has some Work to do 3-1 down to Cao Yupeng whos been off the radar for a few years.

Hes already won 7 matches this season he managed just 10 wins last term

Postby Wildey

kolompar wrote:It's Gilbert's second ranking quarter final in a week, before this season he reached only 3 and that includes the Shootout. Best player never to win a ranker.

And he only managed 2 Quarter Finals or Better in 48 PTC Events played

Postby eraserhead

Ding should win as Perry needs snookers but he missed a simple black to kill the match then. <doh>
Last edited by eraserhead on 21 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Ding and MJW have impreseed me the most in this tournament so far, a final between the two of them like their 2010 China Open Finao would be great.

I hope the semis turn out to be MJW v Allen and Ding v Luca or even Hang would be good.

Postby eraserhead

Fluca! :happy:

Luca through thanks to a ridiculous fluke in the middle of a decent break in the decider.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Fluca! :happy:

Luca through thanks to a ridiculous fluke in the middle of a decent break in the decider.

Fluca lol! <laugh> :clap:

Glad he's through, his match v Ants should be a good one, two of the few young great prospects in the game.

Postby SnookerFan

I taped both matches today. Decided to watch Robertson vs Allen, as I have watched two Ding matches already this week. Just for a bit of variety. <ok>

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
I'm eating a pizza. With pineapple. That's right.

You are the worst kind of person.