Post a reply

Re: Yushan World Open Last 128 and 64 !!!!!

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
gcjdavid wrote:And Walker storms into a 2-1 lead over Selby

It'd be typical Selby to be 4-1 down, and win.

Aye!. <laugh>

Thats why i,m never bovered when Selbs goes a few frames behind,the amount of times he,s comeback to win is unreal. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

Braw stuff fae the Scots today,Higgins,Mags and Ants all won there matches.

Ants was 2-0 down,but he was havin no more of it,he went up a gear,2 and won 5 on the spin.

:happy:

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:

Could well happen. Wouldn't surprise me.

Selby pulls one frame back to trail 2-4.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Could well happen. Wouldn't surprise me.

Selby pulls one frame back to trail 2-4.

Here we go, here we go.

Here we we go, yo.

Postby hendry_fan

sas6789 wrote:Selby lost to Lee Walker wow that is a shock! Did Selby play badly or did Walker play well?

Indeed,it,s a shock. :shock:

Good question,i did,nt see any of the match,scoreing wise,the pair of them did,nt show any fireworks,Selbs only knocked in two 50+ers,Walker did,nt even knock in one. :dizzy:

Postby Andre147

Selby's safety play was horrendus the whole match, kept giving Walker easy openers, but Walker took them well, his long potting was great too.

I also agree Selby will start to peak come the UK Champs and the 2nd half of the season, and I wouldnt be surprised if he started this by defending his UK title and winning it again.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Selby's safety play was horrendus the whole match, kept giving Walker easy openers, but Walker took them well, his long potting was great too.

I also agree Selby will start to peak come the UK Champs and the 2nd half of the season, and I wouldnt be surprised if he started this by defending his UK title and winning it again.

Thanx for the info Andre. <ok>

I just saw that Higgins is up against Selt tomorrow,i wonder who the majority will be rootin for. :chin: <laugh>

The Fu v Ebdon match sounds good,seems ages since i watched these two play against each other.

I just checked up,the last time they both met,was at last years Worlds,where Fu gave Ebdon a 10-2 thumping. :emb: :-)

Postby Cheshire Cat

Only saw the last few frames of Selby's match. He was really struggling with positional play and as Andre said, his safety was disappointing. Just an off-day, no doubt he'll come good eventually.

Also saw Fu's match, which was a bizarre one. It was a typical Marco performance, going from sublime to silly and a real lack of consistency. Fortunate really to scrap across the line in the end, he was really struggling.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Talking of underachieving talent, do we think Luca Brecel's maiden title win will spur him on to win more titles?

Yes, and no.

Elaborate.

Well, on the one hand yes, and on the other... no.

YEAH! :D

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Selby's safety play was horrendus the whole match, kept giving Walker easy openers, but Walker took them well, his long potting was great too.

Anytime Selby loses a match, it's as big a shock as it was whenever Davis or Hendry lost a match back in the day.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:

Anytime Selby loses a match, it's as big a shock as it was whenever Davis or Hendry lost a match back in the day.

Against the likes of Walker it is. How often does Selby lose to players ranked as low as him? Very rarely I'd say. He's so consistent he's probably the best player over the past 5 or 6 years who has a better record in tournaments in the Last 16 or better. He rarely loses before that stage.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Against the likes of Walker it is. How often does Selby lose to players ranked as low as him? Very rarely I'd say. He's so consistent he's probably the best player over the past 5 or 6 years who has a better record in tournaments in the Last 16 or better. He rarely loses before that stage.

It's a massive shock when Selby loses, even to the likes of Ronnie O'Sullivan, Trump, Higgins etc.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

thing is though Selby so far in front of everyone else he hasent got the same intensity at the moment last season even he lost 5-3 to Thepchiya Un-Nooh in the World Open and Michael Holt beat him 4-1 in the Riga Masters after a Narrow 4-3 win over Akani Songsermsawad in the previous round.

His season came to life in the International Championship.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

My prediction is on course - Jimmy to win his first ranker here in Yushan. Imperious victory today over Tom Ford! :D

And you don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Jimmy