Post a reply

Yushan World Open Last 64 plus Heldover Matches !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 18th of September ~ Sunday 24th of September at the Yushan Number One Middle School, Yushan, China

After The last 128 which was played in Preston's Guild Hall the action moves on to Yushan China where Mark Selby will be hoping to kick start his campaign for real after a false Start so far this season.

The Biggest upset at Preston was 3rd seed Judd Trump losing 5-0 to Sam Craigie so most of the top seeds are in the draw with the exception of Ronnie O'Sullivan who did not Enter.

Who will reach the last 32 and keep on track for the £90,000 top prize?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Yushan World Open Last 128 and 64 !!!!!

Postby TheSaviour

A well over 10 years ago Snookerfan.

Selby is playing against Lertsattayathorn. Hopefully they won´t be starting that give me an L, give me an ... thing.

Ursenbacher is also a great player to watch. A really professional. And a handsome little b......

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Mark Allen
Mark Allen @pistol147
Not looking forward to yushan at all given the reports I'm hearing but looking forward to competing again. Hope some good results to come

Postby The_Abbott

Badsnookerplayer wrote:What reports is he hearing? That they have run out of pies?? On the other hand, I bet they cannot wait for him to get there. hammer.

apparently there are no snooker tables and they have to play snooker on a mattress.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:It comes to something when we look forward to best of nines, as a long match.

Agreed, and yet we do.

I remember the 13 year old Dan Cat being sniffy about best of nines, he only really counted the UK and WSC as proper tournaments. OH god I'm talking in the third person - I'm come over all Kanye.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It comes to something when we look forward to best of nines, as a long match.

Agreed, and yet we do.

I remember the 13 year old Dan Cat being sniffy about best of nines, he only really counted the UK and WSC as proper tournaments. OH god I'm talking in the third person - I'm come over all Kanye.

The thing is i believe Barry Hearn is selling the sport short.

thinking people don't want long snooker matches i believe the reality is very different.

its his job to persuade TV which way to go to maximize Snooker's Potential and overall viewing figures.

i dont think hes doing that hes just bending to what TV Executives think is best.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Wonder if the IC will also be best of 9. I'm probably the only one but I prefer best of 9s, best of 11 feels too long for 1 session.

Best of 11s are alright.

*Except in the UK Championship.

Postby hendry_fan

The mighty JOHN HIGGINS up against the young Swiss star Ursenbacher tomorrow. <cool>

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNN JOHN!,....................

,...............ranking title nr 30 coming up this week. :chin: :happy:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

This will be Jimmy Robertson's maiden ranker in my opinion. Far too talented not to have won one, he ran the Pistol close at the Crucible and is now maturing as a tactical technician whereas in the past he was just a potting machine and lacked the bite to challenge the best.

We are rooting for him in the South and daring to hope for an open-top bus parade with the trophy brought back to these parts.

Come on Jimmy!