Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters back on

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:Qualies in September event in Nov

I wish World Snooker would make their minds up. <doh>

A bit like my Manchester / Barnsley fiasco earlier this year. Barry Hearn will probably have a press release to announce that it was his intention to move it to November all along. :roll:

Postby Cloud Strife

This is getting a little bit confusing now. So is the Shanghai Masters happening or not? Does anyone know? Does World Snooker know?

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:It is on but being held in Barnsley.

Barnsley, China?

The Barnsley Masters has a nice ring to it.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:It is on but being held in Barnsley.

Barnsley, China?

The Barnsley Masters has a nice ring to it.

<ok>

Postby Wildey

Shanghai Masters have now been removed from the calendar on live scoring.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Is this supposed to be some sort of joke?

Barry Hearn <doh>

It is a joke. (Even though, it's probably not supposed to be.)

Postby SnookerFan

fridge46 wrote:Potential Event 2017 Qualifiers: 11-13 October
Potential Event 2017: 13-18 November

:chin:

The Croydon Open.

Postby TheSaviour

The top players shouldn´t have to qualify.

Recently David Gilbert has done marvellously. He is solid second rounder, almost a solid quarter-finalist. On any given tournament. That´s a career. Do that some time, and that´s a career.

I basically hate all those qualifiers. Anyone can slip. It would be such a shame if David Gilbert would slip and his run would end. John Higgins has also has done very well recently. A similar solidness. Matt Selt also. Mark Williams is lauching a fight back. Probably Neil Robertson too. Ronnie´s problem is that he isn´t playing. It just isn´t good enough anymore just to show up to play the Masters and perhaps to win that. But that´s not the same.

Everyone should finish the match also. All of them always starts so brightly. Just finish the matches also. And there´s your results also. There´s absolutely no any reason why they couldn´t do that.

It is funny that I yesterday read about that 25% theory. How there is a 25% chance to have an outside winner. Where everything is new.. And nothing controlled at all.. Because I have always felt that the odds should be at least 4/1 that it would make any sense. Otherwise there´s not enough profit marginal, and no-one can live with it. Because there´s always some expenses and slips. You can combine a few favourites together and get that 4/1. But without it it doesn´t make any sense.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is it me, or is The Saviour more understandable than he used to be?

It's called Stockholm Syndrome

rofl