Post a reply

Re: EverGrande China Championship Final !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

kolompar wrote:Well done Luca. Should be his big breakthrough but just doesn't feel like it with everyone playing rubbish. Weird for one of the biggest events of the season with £150k top prize.

Strange tournament with all the top players going out early. Nobody played well, including Brecel himself.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
kolompar wrote:Well done Luca. Should be his big breakthrough but just doesn't feel like it with everyone playing rubbish. Weird for one of the biggest events of the season with £150k top prize.

Strange tournament with all the top players going out early. Nobody played well, including Brecel himself.

EVERYBODY DECLINED!

Postby Alex0paul

I suppose he will think job done. He didn't set the world alight but was professional enough to get over the line.

Postby TheRocket

Never expected that kind of result. :shock:

Very good for Snooker though that a younger player finally wins an important tournament.

I still doubt that Brecel is going to be a really big player in the future. He's just having far too many weaknesses imo. Bridge hand too far away from the cueball. There isn't one deparment where I'd say, thats his big strength. May it be long potting, breakbuilding, positional play, safety.

But he definitely has time on his side, knowing how many players peaked in their mid 30's recently.

I can see him becoming a Fu or Hawkins like player in the future. Winning a few rankers here and there and reaching quarters, semis and finals in the majors but then falling short against a topplayer.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:I suppose he will think job done. He didn't set the world alight but was professional enough to get over the line.

Of course he's going to think that.

It's the victory that's important, nothing else. He has his first ranking event win. Now he'll want to push on.

Whether he can or not is another matter, of course.

I didn't see amazing play from Brecel when I watched him yesterday.

Postby SnookerFan

I liked yesterday, when the Eurosport commentators were claiming they were personally invested in players like Brecel. Because they watched snooker in the mainland on Eurosport, and decided to turn pro.

Like Phil Yates was taking personal responsibility in Brecel's development. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Neal Foulds‏ @fouldsy147
Groundbreaking day in Snooker history IMO. Luca Brecel first player from mainland Europe to win a full ranking event. Many congrats

Postby Dan-cat

kolompar wrote:At least he followed up his win against Ronnie.

This is such a good point. How often have we seen players play out of their skin against the Rocket (or other big players) and then collapse in the next round.

Brilliant, Brilliant Brecel.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I liked the tournament running from Wednesday to Tuesday

How come?

Work weekends so nice to see the semis and final

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:Sunday finals are on Sunday godammit! Always have been always should be! Sunday = Snooker finals

:shc:

World final is on a Monday....

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Sunday finals are on Sunday godammit! Always have been always should be! Sunday = Snooker finals

:shc:

World final is on a Monday....

Technically, you're both correct.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:From whaat i saw Luca was prettty bad.

How did he win 10-5?

Murphy continued his woeful form