Post a reply

EverGrande China Championship Last 64 + Heldover Matches !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 16th- Tuesday 22nd of August at the Guangzhou Sports Institute Asian Games Venue, Guangzhou, China

EverGrande China Championship moves on to Guangzhou, China for the climax of a Big money tournament with £150,000 going to the winner.

Big name casualties in Preston includes 2 players Ricky Walden and Kyren Wilson who have enjoyed major success in China.

But still there hoping to get the season off to a flyer will be Shaun Murphy, Ali Carter, Ding Junhui, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson, John Higgins, Mark Williams, Ronnie O'Sullivan and 3 times and Current World Champion Mark Selby among others.

Who will reach the last 32 and keep on track for the title?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: EverGrande China Championship Last 128 and Last 64 !!!

Postby TheSaviour

I can´t see Ding or Ali Carter to be in form here.

Ronnie has an easy starter against Sam Baird. Which is most likely not the ideal preparation to him, and I predict later he will be in troubles.

Robertson, obviously Selby, and I would say Murphy the favourites. John Higgins can be impressive also. Stevens has an uphill struggle, a straight against a solid scorer Mark Allen.

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:I can´t see Ding or Ali Carter to be in form here.

Ronnie has an easy starter against Sam Baird. Which is most likely not the ideal preparation to him, and I predict later he will be in troubles.

Robertson, obviously Selby, and I would say Murphy the favourites. John Higgins can be impressive also. Stevens has an uphill struggle, a straight against a solid scorer Mark Allen.

YAY! Someone rebooted the Saviour finally!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

YAY! Someone rebooted the Saviour finally!

I understood him. :shock:

Postby SnookerFan

Ali Carter just won a gold medal, man. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Mate, the start of this tournmanent just can't come soon enough.

I had to attend that wedding when the Riga tournament was on. Saw none of it. And the World Cup is just marmite.

Be good so see some proper snooker on again. The Crucible seems like a life time ago.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:

Ali Carter just won a gold medal, man. :hatoff:

Didn't Kyren get the gold?

Postby eraserhead

Snooker "Fan" ;-)

I tried to watch some of the different cue sports in the world games, don't know if it was my internet or trying to watch at the wrong time but I could never get anything to work.

Postby TheSaviour

A much of this game is about by who you would like to get destroyed. Like I pointed out, Ronnie has a relatively easy start. Even when Sam Baird knocked out Judd Trump. But that´s a far cry of having an ideal preparation to Ronnie. For the latter stages of the tournament.

Stuart Bingham can also do some damage here. He has a potential banana skin against somehow impressive Yan Bingtao.

Every player do get destroyed at some point. But if having a healthy respect against your opponent who do destroy you, well that´s a educative and a profitable experience and situation then. Getting destroyed means that you see no escape route anymore. Absolutely no escape route available anymore. The most important thing is that you don´t cooperate anyway or at all with the players who are not going to make any sense. If needing to get destroyed, get destroyed by the someone who you do respect as a person.

It´s all about the power. Every game or sport essentially is about having the power. What is physically possible and how likely is that someone can show up.

No player need to or should to reveal their actual weapons. Don´t be a daft if someone is asking too many questions from you. You can always chicken out if feeling that´s the right decision.

Like Reanne Evans has relatively quickly taken the complete control. But even she will get destroyed if playing tournaments like this.

I feel I only have a very poor options left anymore analysing tournaments like these. I have been able to deny the odds earlier, and I may have to do it again if fancing to keep on posting here anymore. But that was already a 15 years ago. I may need to hit the streets again. Permanently. But I am up for even that challenge because I am an inventive enough and I I wear my heart on my sleeve. I really feel I only have the really poor options left anymore. That´s how professional the game is these days. It´s like we would be back in the 80s, and a seemingly rampant Steve Davis running the show. In the 90s Stephen Hendry actually was a much more unpredictable. He just had a more flair than what Steve had. But nothing out of this is or would be something that we would see as a problem when it is a year 2040.

RUSSIA!

Postby TheSaviour

Surprising results already! Robbo and Bingham already out.

Well well, a funny old game. It finally starts to be settled to Snookerfan.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Because no-one want´s to always see the big boys to deliver. And nothing for the rest of the bunch.

Just out of the curiosity, but I would like to see who would get better after a long distance match; the best and By far the most solid 70-80 break scorer of the world Joe Perry, or the free scoring Judd Trump. Not that much given it would be honest-Joe.

Come On Ali!! 1-1 currently, and Ali on the table to score. Mehta can´t do much or can he. Do it.
Shaun is having a tough match against Ken, but seems Shaun is going to win. Ken just won´t have a time to get it all working. Do it also. Shaun leading 1-0, a tough second frame which seems Ken is going to have.

Postby gcjdavid

SnookerFan wrote:Crap. I just went on Twitter, and accidentally saw the Barry Hawkins match. I hope that wasn't the televised match.

I've taped this afternoon's play anyway. Turned Twitter off.

That wasn't the televised match.

Postby Alex0paul

gallantrabbit wrote:Joyce finished with 72, 80 and 134. Was any one of them a max attempt?
Quite a result anyway for him.

Yea he potted the first red in all of them with a potential 147 break on