Post a reply

The Guild Hall Preston

Postby SnookerFan

In February, I tick an item off my Bucket List.

I am attending the iconic Guild Hall in Preston.

Just booked tickets. One semi-final, all day final. :bowdown:

Re: The Guild Hall Preston

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:In February, I tick an item off my Bucket List.

I am attending the iconic Guild Hall in Preston.

Just booked tickets. One semi-final, all day final. :bowdown:

Amazing. Your commitment to earning the right to use your sobriquet is admirable!

York is a delight also, lucky man :)

Postby TheSaviour

What time is it Greenwich time?

Yup yup, this is now finally settled to Snookerfan. I thiiiiiiink I may have mentioned that already a few times but now it certainly is. A superb venue. It is all working flawlessly, even when there even isn´t that sort of a thing existing. But the guy running that hall is not a bad lad at all. Just can make you a bit sad :sad: and amused but not irritated or angry by any means. Which is the most important thing. Even I once again may be tempted to travel. Even when currently it is not looking like it at all. But with a professional snooker, with this tour, when they are on the top of their games, a week is life. A week is life, and life is easy and boring. Let´s just see how the next weeks will go. The likes of Anthony McGill, Stuart Bingham, Barry Hawkins or Ricky Walden well may lighten things. With some superb centuries. Not maximums, because those are pathetic, but with centuries. If and when they have managed to overcome their bad defeats. Anthony needs to overcome the heavy defeat Stephen Maguire handed to him. Because Anthony probably already is a better player than Stephen. Those are only positive things to happen. If there´s mentally no bad blood people can get used to everything and cope with it.

Even a week is life so let´s just see what happens. Just use your weapons when mentally there is no bad blood and it is perfectly okay. Ronnie for example has never managed to produce when it really has been the case people are expecting him to deliver. It is the same story with some other t sportspersons also, but let´s not make a too big deal about it. Perhaps they are just wise and I am not. Or vice versa. But just good to remember while booking the tickets.

But now and currently this venue and hall is working the way it should had always worked. So let´s scroll down a few generations and foreseeing how it will be. :rip: That´s horrendous and terrible :joust: a prediction. But the players will change and the generations will change.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:How long does it take from the West Country to Preston

No idea. I live in South London.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:

I meant for the Saviour. He says he is going to Preston.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

He's from Mars.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

He's from Mars.

If you and The Saviour will both be at Preston then I propose a meet up between you both.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

He's from Mars.

If you and The Saviour will both be at Preston then I propose a meet up between you both.

He can buy me a pint.

Postby SnookerEd25

TheSaviour wrote:With some superb centuries. Not maximums, because those are pathetic,

Spot on, Sav; we were all thinking it, but you're the only one with the guts to say it. <ok>

Postby eraserhead

Ordered tickets for the final, might go and see some first round matches as well instead of the QFs and semi I did last year. :D

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Ordered tickets for the final, might go and see some first round matches as well instead of the QFs and semi I did last year. :D

:hatoff:

Snooker Island. Represent.

Postby SnookerEd25

Incidentally, SF, what are the other things on your bucket list? :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Just noticed that I said 'York is a delight also, lucky man :)' when clearly the venue in question is in Preston.

I am also going to York, if that helps.

The last 128 matches though, so before the TV kicks in.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Incidentally, SF, what are the other things on your bucket list? :shrug:

Good question. Not much. rofl I'm a pretty simple man.

Complete Level 19 on Luxor Quest. (The game on my old flip phone that I was stuck on for a good four years.) I don't use it as a phone any more, but the game still works. Internet research has told me that this game is next to impossible.

Meet Heather Langenkamp. (The woman from A Nightmare On Elm Street) and get her to say; "Whatever you do. Don't. Fall. Asleep." That one also seems unlikely. Unless she comes to an event in Croydon.

That's pretty much my list, and I can't see either of them actually happening.

Maybe add; "Get left in peace when there's snooker on the telly." This is an ongoing, recurring ambition.

Postby SnookerFan

Having been to The Crucible, including two Crucible finals, and witnessed several 147s made live. Pretty much all my snooker watching ambitions are completed. (Outside of the Guild Hall.)

Maybe see Reanne Evans play live, so I can see a female play professional snooker at least once. rofl

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Just noticed that I said 'York is a delight also, lucky man :)' when clearly the venue in question is in Preston.

I am also going to York, if that helps.

The last 128 matches though, so before the TV kicks in.

It does, it really does. I knew that and that's why I said that at the time, I think. It's a good retro-fit for now anyway.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just ordered my train tickets for York. <ok>

Did me A-Levels in York. Lovely town. The Micklegate Run can get a bit lairy of a Friday/Sat though

Might see a bit of it when I'm up there. <ok>