Post a reply

Yushan World Open Last 128 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 6th of August ~ Wednesday 9th of August at the Guild Hall, Preston

5th Year of The World Open in its Current incarnation however technicly having been the replacement of the old Grand Prix it does date back to 1982 when Ray Reardon beat Jimmy White 10-5 in the Proffesional Players Tournament held in Birmingham.

Allister Carter is the defending champion but he has decided not to enter with World Champion Mark Selby as top seed with his match held over to the main venue.

Who will Reach the last 64?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: World Open Last 128 !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:Eurosport Player have Marco Fu down as playing Ronnie rather than Sean O'Sullivan on the graphics. Oops

<doh>

Postby Dannyboy

Ken Doherty is 5 out of 5 in qualifiers this season isn't he?

Glad he's had almost a perfect start to the season.

Postby kolompar

3 of the biggest Chinese talents Zhou, Yan and Lü not in the draw. There's 4 wild card spaces so could they be entered as wild cards? Those matches are held over to the venue so it would make sense to get them there instead of some amateurs.

Postby TheSaviour

KEN!! :D :D :D :D

Goes without saying, but obviously everyone should have a textbook-cueing techinique like Ken have. We would be free from that out of the box-thinking from the scores of players which causes us all sorts of problems. How on earth the bookies made that a 50-50 match? Against ROBBIE WILLIAMS? Ken has lately proved he really fancies the job, no matter how tiny match it would be. He has a tremendeous fan-base and that is just solely because of his spot on text book - cueing technicue. That surely helps him tremendeously when he is an on-form and really fancies the job. He really is a rock-solid cueist, and that´s the way everyone should be. Only then they could get used to the conditions. The consistency.

Just made me thinking did Ken something wrong?? Watching such an on and off - performances from the bookies. A "very experienced dirtballer", to use the tennis-phrase. So absolutely no problem there. I couldn´t be less intrested about those usual explanations. All of those are already well covered. The only valid question is that did Ken something wrong then?

I can´t see there will be any expressions, from the audiences watching the game. So the pressure is only how to cue correctly. No pressure from the audiences. No expressions. Only the cueing counts.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Ridiculous "come on" from Brecel after potting last pink and black in the decider against Muir.

Who was he shouting at? The guy who makes his wig?

Postby hendry_fan

kolompar wrote:Ridiculous "come on" from Brecel after potting last pink and black in the decider against Muir.

I did,nt see any of the match,but out of curiosty due to readin your post,i thought i,d watch the last few balls in that decider.

Poor Ross,he look bewildered,Brecel shouted out not only 1 "COME ON!,but 2!. :dizzy:

Rosses chance to pot the pink was a tough one,especially as it was match ball,he really should of potted it though,but wtf was Brecel playin at,gettin out of his seat,he should,ve stayed put till Ross finished playin the shot. >-(

Postby hendry_fan

SteveJJ wrote:Judd Trump losing 4 - 0 to Sam Craigie.

Wonder if Judd's back will start hurting soon?

Trump ended up gettin whitewashed 5-0.

I don,t think he,ll be fussed tbh,after all,tourneys come as often as buses these days and everyone can have a shock result,he once lost 6-0 to Michael Wild,which was also a very shocking score,but still,it,s not a BIG deal.

I once lost 8-0,has been my BIGGEST defeat so far,it actually happened just a few months ago,although,it was,nt really shocking,as it was against one of the top 5 players in my club. :-)

Postby Cloud Strife

Brecel has the game of Jimmy White, but none of the likability Jimmy had.

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Judd Trump losing 4 - 0 to Sam Craigie.

Wonder if Judd's back will start hurting soon?

Trump ended up gettin whitewashed 5-0.

I don,t think he,ll be fussed tbh,after all,tourneys come as often as buses these days and everyone can have a shock result,he once lost 6-0 to Michael Wild,which was also a very shocking score,but still,it,s not a BIG deal.

I once lost 8-0,has been my BIGGEST defeat so far,it actually happened just a few months ago,although,it was,nt really shocking,as it was against one of the top 5 players in my club. :-)

yea shock results happen but to say he wont be fussed is ridiculous hes a professional sportsman or suppose to be surely losing to your nan hurts like hell never mind a fellow pro.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dunham lost 5-0 - gotta feel for the guy. I admire him for getting there and trying but it does seem he is out of his depth (along with a few others). Hope he can find better results soon.

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Dunham lost 5-0 - gotta feel for the guy. I admire him for getting there and trying but it does seem he is out of his depth (along with a few others). Hope he can find better results soon.

Totally agree with you Badsnookerplayer.

I,ve only ever seen him play once,that was when he played in the World Cup along with Robbo,if i remember correctly,one of the frames he won,might even be the only frame he won,he pulled out a good clearence.

I,ve always said,either you like someone or you don,t and even though i don,t know much bout him,i like him,he seems a nice lad,would be nice if he could string a good few results together,but as you wrote,i also think that it,ll be out of his depth.

He might be good enough to win the Aussie Championship in the coming years;-) ,but i don,t think he,s good enough to be able to a make livin from it over a long period of time,or that he,ll be able to start beatin the BIG boys of our snooker world,i also admire him for tryin though,i in fact admire anyone who at least tries to make it on the snooker scene,mind you,i guess if one gets the chance,has possible potential,talent,then why not give it a go. :-)