Post a reply

Re: Who will be in the top 16 at the end of the season?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I think we are in a good position currently in snooker. Look at the top 16 - there are no muppets there. Whether you love them or hate them, you would struggle to argue that this top 16 is as strong as any that went before. Every one of them has made a competitive maxi which was not the case 10 or 15 years ago.. These are golden years.

1. 1 Mark Selby
2. 3 Judd Trump
3. 2 John Higgins
4. 4 Ding Junhui
5. 5 Marco Fu
6. 6 Barry Hawkins
7. 7 Neil Robertson
8. 8 Shaun Murphy
9. 9 Stuart Bingham
10. 10 Mark Allen
11. 11 Kyren Wilson
12. 14 Ronnie O'Sullivan
13. 12 Liang Wenbo
14. 13 Allister Carter
15. 15 Ryan Day
16. 16 Mark J Williams

The player I think is in most danger is Ali Carter.

Postby Alex0paul

On the one year list Wilson and Allen have a lot of work to do to stay in the 16 with Robertson currently provisionally 15th too. Hamilton, King and Maguire have a good chance of getting back.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think we are in a good position currently in snooker. Look at the top 16 - there are no muppets there. Whether you love them or hate them, you would struggle to argue that this top 16 is as strong as any that went before. Every one of them has made a competitive maxi which was not the case 10 or 15 years ago.. These are golden years.

1. 1 Mark Selby
2. 3 Judd Trump
3. 2 John Higgins
4. 4 Ding Junhui
5. 5 Marco Fu
6. 6 Barry Hawkins
7. 7 Neil Robertson
8. 8 Shaun Murphy
9. 9 Stuart Bingham
10. 10 Mark Allen
11. 11 Kyren Wilson
12. 14 Ronnie O'Sullivan
13. 12 Liang Wenbo
14. 13 Allister Carter
15. 15 Ryan Day
16. 16 Mark J Williams

The player I think is in most danger is Ali Carter.

'Every one of them has made a competitive maxi which was not the case 10 or 15 years ago.. These are golden years.'

This.

How anyone can say this is a weak era is beyond me.

Postby SnookerEd25

Although, it has to be said, the pockets are more 'generous' than they've ever been before. Some of the balls that drop in make me embarrassed for the player just watching them.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerEd25 wrote:Although, it has to be said, the pockets are more 'generous' than they've ever been before. Some of the balls that drop in make me embarrassed for the player just watching them.

I'm not meaning to doubt what you say snookered but has there ever been definitive evidence that the template has been altered? As I say, I am not doubting you but I have never heard from somebody to say that it has been a deliberate act.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Although, it has to be said, the pockets are more 'generous' than they've ever been before. Some of the balls that drop in make me embarrassed for the player just watching them.

I'm not meaning to doubt what you say snookered but has there ever been definitive evidence that the template has been altered? As I say, I am not doubting you but I have never heard from somebody to say that it has been a deliberate act.

It's different in different tournaments. Two years ago WSC was the worst I've seen, balls falling in even after coming away from the cushion.

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Can Yan Bingtao make the 16 this season?

He needs to make up £75000 on 16th place on the provisional rankings so very unlikely but could be done

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Alex0paul wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Can Yan Bingtao make the 16 this season?

He needs to make up £75000 on 16th place on the provisional rankings so very unlikely but could be done

:hatoff: Cheers A0P - really needs to win a tournament to make that up but fancy him to make top 32 this year