Post a reply

World Games

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 26th - Sunday 30th of July at the Wroclaw Congress Center, Wroclaw, Poland

The World Games was first staged in 1981 With Snooker's inclusion in 2001 when Belgium's Bjorn Haneveer won the title Beating Marlon Manalo of the Philippines 4-3 in the final

Since Then Gerard Greene (2005), Nigel Bond (2009) and Aditya Mehta (2013) has picked up the trophy.

This Year there are 6 proffesionals taking part with Ali Carter and Kyren Wilson leading the field that includes defending Champion Aditya Mehta and 55 year old Veteran Peter Francisco of south africa.

Who will win?

LIVE SCORING

Re: World Games

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Is there any way of watching this in the UK?

NO!

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is there any way of watching this in the UK?

NO!

I'm looking on Eurosport, man. I can't see it anywhere.

Postby SnookerEd25

Does anybody know Peter Francisco's scores in advance?

Thanks.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I'm watching it right now on that link! Aditya vs Kacper :)

Shame it aint on proper telly. It's not like I can stream it at work.

I was hoping to get some taped.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Anyone watching the Carom Three Cushion?

Aftee all that, probably not.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 28 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ireland Michael Judge 3-2 Hong Kong Ng On Yee
Switzerland Alexander Ursenbacher 3-1 Wales Andrew Pagett
Iran Soheil Vahedi 3-1 South Africa Peter Francisco
China Xu Si 3-0 Pakistan Mohammad Bilal
Poland Kacper Filipiak 3-1 India Aditya Mehta
Northern Ireland Declan Brennan 3-1 Belgium Wendy Jans
England Ali Carter 3-0 Australia Shaun Dalitz

Postby Deewee

One of the more interesting matchups coming up in half an hour, Kacper Filipiak vs Xu Si

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Interesting angles on the Olympic Channel

How so?

Postby Deewee

It's alright, for a best of 5 tournament. Nice 56 on the counter from Filipiak to force a decider, the crowd going wild

Postby kolompar

Soheil Vahedi gets the bronze medal beating Xu Si 3-2. Good win for him as he also played in the World Games in 2009 as the World U21 runner-up and just lost the bronze medal match 3-2 to Mohammed Shehab back then.
Final between Carter and Wilson the only top 64 players in the tournament tomorrow at 10 AM local time.

Postby TheSaviour

Yup, he played very well! Not the biggest surprise in the world.. Allister could had putted on a sterner display.

That was a a "Geordie 147", if you ask me, of what I watched it. The commentators seemed to be thinking although it was a spot on playing they were thinking if could they give even any points from those constructions.

It is a bit like going to Russia to play chess. You are always going to get intellectually spanked really badly. They have chess as a one school subject. And it certainly shows. But then, that´s the best thing that can just possible to happen to you.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Yup, he played very well! Not the biggest surprise in the world.. Allister could had putted on a sterner display.

That was a a "Geordie 147", if you ask me, of what I watched it. The commentators seemed to be thinking although it was a spot on playing they were thinking if could they give even any points from those constructions.

It is a bit like going to Russia to play chess. You are always going to get intellectually spanked really badly. They have chess as a one school subject. And it certainly shows. But then, that´s the best thing that can just possible to happen to you.

Yes, that's exactly what it's like.

Postby SnookerMan

My girlfriend went to Wroclaw to see Snooker games, I was working this time. We both from Poland. She said that was amazing watching Snooker best players ever live.
Last edited by SnookerMan on 18 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerMan wrote:My girlfriend went to Wroclaw to see Snooker games, I was working this time. We both from Poland. She said that was amazing watching Snooker best players ever live.

:welcome:

Nice to have you here. Good name. :hatoff: