Post a reply

Re: Draw And Format

Postby kolompar

Disappointing professionalism from World Snooker not drawing Israel in the same group with muslim countries.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

kolompar wrote:Disappointing professionalism from World Snooker not drawing Israel in the same group with muslim countries.

Why? As far as I am aware, the draw does not take religion into account.

Postby Dannyboy

A bit of a silly tournament yes, but one that had $200,000 for the winning pair last time...

Postby Alex0paul

Israel will be victorious

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dannyboy wrote:A bit of a silly tournament yes, but one that had $200,000 for the winning pair last time...

Wow I didn't know that. I presumed it was like the World Cup - patriotic duty and expenses. Brilliant tournament and format then....

Postby Wildey

I Think this kind of event is Good for verity without raping the game with 6 reds or shoot out crap.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:I Think this kind of event is Good for verity without raping the game with 6 reds or shoot out crap.

Whilst I agree with the basic sentiment of your post, I would have struggled to use such elegant imagery.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:I Think this kind of event is Good for verity without raping the game with 6 reds or shoot out crap.

Yes I've heard Verity is a big fan of the World Cup

Postby Wildey

I Think the World Cup is a good idea however for me 2 man teams and the format lets it down a bit.

A 3 Man team and longer frame format would be better

Postby SnookerFan

Dannyboy wrote:A bit of a silly tournament yes, but one that had $200,000 for the winning pair last time...

It did raise the profile of the winners.

Postby SnookerFan

Who is Verity?