Post a reply

Riga Masters Correspondent

Postby SnookerFan

As I may have mentioned, I am going to a family wedding the weekend of the Riga Masters.

This is annoying. Because not only do I have to actually go through the irritating process of going out, talking to people, spending time with my family etc, but also I'll have to miss this snooker.

Anyway, I wish to appoint an official Snooker Island correspondent. The job is to basically, not move from your sofa. Watch every second of the Riga Masters, and post about it for those of us who aren't watching. (But will be sneakily checking their phones.)

Who wants the job? I'm taking interviews. State your name and reasons for wanting this position.

Re: Riga Masters Correspondent

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I think it will need to be a job share. I would love to do it, but I'm in Spain at my mum's that weekend so won't be watching much either...

We're getting lax, Dan-Cat.

All this prioritising family over snooker. :grrr:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Actually SF, having now checked my schedule I would be delighted if you should consider my application to the post of Riga Masters Correspondent.

Throughout my career, I have shown an ability to provide analytic and incisive reports to my superiors which are data-driven and responsive to real time demands. I am passionate about providing a customer-centred experience and I thrive on feedback - whether positive or critically constructive. I am fully conversant in cascading relevant information but would be keen to ensure I have enough bandwidth to complete tasks successfully.

I like to take a helicopter view of what is prescient, and would be happy to touch base offline if necessary. If you can let me know the details of the strategic staircase involved in this role then we can run it up the flagpole and see who salutes it.

Don't let the grass grow too long on this one Mr Snooker Fan.

Yours in anticipation.

B.S. Player

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Actually SF, having now checked my schedule I would be delighted if you should consider my application to the post of Riga Masters Correspondent.

Didn't bother reading the rest, you're hired. <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Actually SF, having now checked my schedule I would be delighted if you should consider my application to the post of Riga Masters Correspondent.

Didn't bother reading the rest, you're hired. <ok>

Honoured

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I think it will need to be a job share. I would love to do it, but I'm in Spain at my mum's that weekend so won't be watching much either...

We're getting lax, Dan-Cat.

All this prioritising family over snooker. :grrr:

It's true. Last year I didn't watch half as much snooker as I would have liked - about half as much as the year before... It's a paradox though, the busier, more successful my life is, and the more wild adventures I go on (my favourite endeavour) the less snooker I watch. So I'm winning and losing at the same time...

Postby Dan-cat

Throughout my career, I have shown an ability to provide analytic and incisive reports to my superiors which are data-driven and responsive to real time demands. I am passionate about providing a customer-centred experience and I thrive on feedback - whether positive or critically constructive. I am fully conversant in cascading relevant information but would be keen to ensure I have enough bandwidth to complete tasks successfully.

I like to take a helicopter view of what is prescient, and would be happy to touch base offline if necessary. If you can let me know the details of the strategic staircase involved in this role then we can run it up the flagpole and see who salutes it.

Don't let the grass grow too long on this one Mr Snooker Fan.

Yours in anticipation.

B.S. Player

Hahaha.

I'm not sure you realise what's required to do this job properly, Baddy...
Last edited by Dan-cat on 15 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
It's true. Last year I didn't watch half as much snooker as I would have liked - about half as much as the year before... It's a paradox though, the busier, more successful my life is, and the more wild adventures I go on (my favourite endeavour) the less snooker I watch. So I'm winning and losing at the same time...

Going on adventures is for idiots, you are losing and losing at the same time. :grrr:

rofl

Postby The_Abbott

I would offer. My commentary would be like this "Bloke with beard pots a round ball using a stick. He is now rubbing the end of his stick. and he's now bending down to take his next shot....."

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:I would offer. My commentary would be like this "Bloke with beard pots a round ball using a stick. He is now rubbing the end of his stick. and he's now bending down to take his next shot....."

Every little helps.

Postby TheSaviour

All he or she would had to do is to keep it real.

Which shouldn´t be too difficult.

Or would it still be to difficult, the senioritas of Riga would be too much to Wild. So to succumb back to where he has always be, if it would be Wild.

rofl rofl rofl

I can only hope that the tournament would go in a such a way that players not coming out all guns blazing, recklessly. And then the semis and the final would be the USUAL boredom contest. When everyone knowing what would eventually happen, the players just been too reckless first.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Bloody hell, Wild. I think that's The Saviour's way of calling you a cockerel. rofl

funking hell you talk saviourish lol

must admit I got non of that.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Bloody hell, Wild. I think that's The Saviour's way of calling you a cockerel. rofl

I'm loosely translating.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:

'You talk savourish' - hahahahaha!

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Ryan Day won it

Was it Ryan's Day?

Not today. Far from it