Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Mark Selby v Ding Junhui

Postby davisfan

Contemporary snooker = heavyweight boxing in the 80s.

Selby is Trevor Berbick (overrated champ in a piss-weak era), Higgins is Larry Holmes (former champ way past his best. And fat).

Now we just need a Mike Tyson to come along and wipe the floor with everyone. How old is Ronnie Jr now?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Hope Selby beats Higgins now. The only thing that can save this tournament is him beating Higgins.

It's very tough for me. Like TheRocket I like John Higgins more as a person but him drawing level with Ronnie's title haul is unsatisfying. On the other hand Selby defending the title and getting to already 3 titles is maybe even worse. Also Selby would be crushed to lose in the final. So against all odds, I'll be supporting Mr. Higgins. I think.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Hope Selby beats Higgins now. The only thing that can save this tournament is him beating Higgins.

It's very tough for me. Like TheRocket I like John Higgins more as a person but him drawing level with Ronnie's title haul is unsatisfying. On the other hand Selby defending the title and getting to already 3 title is maybe even worse. Also Selby would be crushed to lose in the final. So against all odds, I'll be supporting Mr. Higgins. I think.

join the darkside :D :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

It's very tough for me. Like TheRocket I like John Higgins more as a person but him drawing level with Ronnie's title haul is unsatisfying. On the other hand Selby defending the title and getting to already 3 title is maybe even worse. Also Selby would be crushed to lose in the final. So against all odds, I'll be supporting Mr. Higgins. I think.

:love: Nice to see you care so much.

Postby TheRocket

GJ wrote:I'm all for fist pumps

but 3 separate reactions is a little much considering ding is such a timid character

I agree but Ding still needs to become a real man. It's extremely painful to lose but no need to drop any tears. Turn your disapointment into hate, grit and determination the next time you meet Selby and try to beat the crap out of him. That's the right way.
Last edited by TheRocket on 29 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Oops misread :emb:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

It's very tough for me. Like TheRocket I like John Higgins more as a person but him drawing level with Ronnie's title haul is unsatisfying. On the other hand Selby defending the title and getting to already 3 titles is maybe even worse. Also Selby would be crushed to lose in the final. So against all odds, I'll be supporting Mr. Higgins. I think.

Not me. Selby all the way now <ok>

Cant believe I'l be rooting for him but also its not first time.

Postby eraserhead

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

join the darkside :D :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:dance2:

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Also I think Ronnie has done enough to put potential Ronnie v Higgins discussion to bed even with a 5th World Title by Higgins.

Even I'm happy to accept that provided Higgins wins :cracker:

Postby LowKey

GJ wrote:
Hope your right my gut feeling is we have seen the best of robbo and this is the start of his decline >-(

Now he's ditched computer games I think we might see him find his old game again. He will have a lot more time to practice and a lot less demons inside his head.

I'm a big fan of Robbo and hope to see him back in a WSC final.

Postby onlyevertonjon

Are you just a fan of JH or dont like Selby?[/quote]

Incase robbo launches his brain again I want some hope he can match selbys worlds haul.

If Mark gets to 3 no chance :irk:[/quote]

I think this season might be a wake up call to Robertson. He should be looking and thinkng there's nothing better than him in the game at the moment and give his talent every chance.[/quote]

Hope your right my gut feeling is we have seen the best of robbo and this is the start of his decline >-([/quote]

As a Ronnie fan, I thought the same when Higgins beat O'Sullivan in 2011. That was that.

A few of years on and Ronine wins in 3 seasons what 95% of snooker players won't win in a life time.

Postby Pink Ball

LowKey wrote:Have some of that Ding. What a sore loser. Stone face, no words and storms off (they shook hands). Love it. Get in Selby.

You voted for Brexit, didn't you? You're laughing now, but you won't be laughing when you realise all the foreigners ain't going home.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Not me. Selby all the way now <ok>

Cant believe I'l be rooting for him but also its not first time.

I'll sleep on it again, maybe I'll reconsider. It's a terrible spot to be in as a Ronnie fan for sure.

Postby LowKey

Chalk McHugh wrote:

but 3 separate reactions is a little much considering ding is such a timid character

I'll second that.Uncalled for.

Celebrating is nothing to do with Ding. If you're playing the WSC semi final then you have to expect any player with charisma and that shows emotion is going to celebrate when winning a tight match.

Postby Scooper

LowKey wrote:
Scooper wrote:Well I was hoping it wouldn't be a Selby Higgins final but since it is, I hope Selby finishes it. He'll have to play pretty badly to get beat by Higgins.

Higgins is great. Don't underestimate him. I hope Selby wins but I think Higgins is favourite going by head to head.

With the way Higgins played against Hawkins, I feel like Selby will have to give him a fair amount of help to win.

Postby SnookerFan

davisfan wrote:Contemporary snooker = heavyweight boxing in the 80s.

Selby is Trevor Berbick (overrated champ in a piss-weak era), Higgins is Larry Holmes (former champ way past his best. And fat).

Now we just need a Mike Tyson to come along and wipe the floor with everyone. How old is Ronnie Jr now?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g9MynfxG5vM

Postby Chalk McHugh

LowKey wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Celebrating is nothing to do with Ding. If you're playing the WSC semi final then you have to expect any player with charisma and that shows emotion is going to celebrate when winning a tight match.

No problem celebrating but as the Rocket said , three seperate fist and table thumps after shots was a little excessive towards your opponent.

Postby LowKey

Pink Ball wrote:
LowKey wrote:Have some of that Ding. What a sore loser. Stone face, no words and storms off (they shook hands). Love it. Get in Selby.

You voted for Brexit, didn't you? You're laughing now, but you won't be laughing when you realise all the foreigners ain't going home.

Nope. I didn't. I call things as I see them. Ding was a sore loser.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:It was clear that Ding was in tears. He was trying to win it for his mum and I'm sure that his thoughts had turned to her thinking he'd let her down.

It was emotional watching that , poor ding :sad: :-(

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Time for someone to bring Selby back to earth ;-) Like Selby did to Ronnie in 2014.

Postby Pink Ball

LowKey wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Yes, you should expect it playing a player with charisma. But Selby???