Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship SF 1:Mark Selby v Ding Junhui

Postby Chalk McHugh

eraserhead wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Icy hand shake at the end.

He hates Selby as much as the next fella.

I thought Mark could have acknowledged Dings mammoth effort a wee bit.He hardly looked Ding in the eye.

Why does it have t be warm. :shrug:

Respectful would suffice.That seemed anything but.Anyway its not a big deal just a wee observation.

Postby hendry_fan

What a match!,indeed one of the best there,s been.

Congrats to Mark. :clap: <ok>

Played brilliant throughout the match,every department of his game was in a very healthy state.

I also like mannnnnnnnnnnny,feel for Ding,he also played brilliant in this semi,but he went down a gear,at times even 2 in this final session,compared with yesterdays performance.

He outplayed Selby in the safety side of the game,which not many can say,if anyone can say that at all for that matter,but he missed some pots at crucial times in some frames which dearly cost him,especially that blue in the decider.

Postby GJ

onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJ wrote:
snucar wrote:Dream final!!! Bring it on!!!

Who you backing

For me Higgins :-D

Are you just a fan of JH or dont like Selby?

Incase robbo launches his brain again I want some hope he can match selbys worlds haul.

If Mark gets to 3 no chance :irk:

Postby Andre147

Congrats Selby.

Really gutted for Ding, cant imagine how I would feel if that were Ronnie missing that blue... although Ronnie wouldnt have won that many frames...

Hope Selby beats Higgins now. The only thing that can save this tournament is him beating Higgins.

Postby eraserhead

Chalk McHugh wrote:Respectful would suffice.That seemed anything but.Anyway its not a big deal just a wee observation.

They both shook hands that should be enough. They're probably not friends and both wanted to win why draw it out.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:Congrats Selby.

Really gutted for Ding, cant imagine how I would feel if that were Ronnie missing that blue... although Ronnie wouldnt have won that many frames...

Hope Selby beats Higgins now. The only thing that can save this tournament is him beating Higgins.

Disagree 100 %

Higgins all the way <cool>

Postby masterdoctorgenius

onlyevertonjon wrote:For those giving it to Ding, do you genuinely believe O'Sullivan would have taken 15 frames against Selby?

We cant see in the future. All results would have been possible. thrashing, close match, high quality match.

Ronnie is a fighter, he fought at the UK and he would have done the same. But he wasnt in the semis. So the discussion doesnt make any sense.

Postby onlyevertonjon

GJ wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJ wrote:

Who you backing

Incase robbo launches his brain again I want some hope he can match selbys worlds haul.

I think this season might be a wake up call to Robertson. He should be looking and thinkng there's nothing better than him in the game at the moment and give his talent every chance.

Postby LowKey

onlyevertonjon wrote:Gutted for Ding. Well played Selby. Winning the second session 6-2 was the key for me. He was always going to be hard to contain from that moment.

Hopefully Selby breaks Steve Davis' record margin of victory in the final. (Unless Hawkins performs a miracle).

I hope for Hawkins to perform the impossible. Otherwise the final will be very tight. Considering head to head records I'd put Higgins as slight favourite over a best of 35.

Postby Chalk McHugh

eraserhead wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Respectful would suffice.That seemed anything but.Anyway its not a big deal just a wee observation.

They both shook hands that should be enough. They're probably not friends and both wanted to win why draw it out.

Ronnie said his celebratory fist pumping was over the top as well.Once would been ok.To do it 3 times to Ding was a little disrespectful.His words not mine.

Postby GJ

Scooper wrote:Well I was hoping it wouldn't be a Selby Higgins final but since it is, I hope Selby finishes it. He'll have to play pretty badly to get beat by Higgins.

like Allen <laugh>

Postby snucar

GJ wrote:

Who you backing

I think I'll go for Higgins too! Because I did call Higgins's chances for the title from early days but mostly because I'm itching to see what sort of depression the number of 5 could cause to some ! <laugh>

But Selby is the favorite, no doubt. Regardless what happens to the final, we've entered in the Selby snooker era! Great player!
Last edited by snucar on 29 Apr 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Postby LowKey

Scooper wrote:Well I was hoping it wouldn't be a Selby Higgins final but since it is, I hope Selby finishes it. He'll have to play pretty badly to get beat by Higgins.

Higgins is great. Don't underestimate him. I hope Selby wins but I think Higgins is favourite going by head to head.

Postby GJ

onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJ wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJ wrote:

Who you backing

I think this season might be a wake up call to Robertson. He should be looking and thinkng there's nothing better than him in the game at the moment and give his talent every chance.

Hope your right my gut feeling is we have seen the best of robbo and this is the start of his decline >-(

Postby vodkadiet

eraserhead wrote:

Ding should have embraced Selby the way O'Sullivan embraced him. A nice kiss on Selby's cheek would have sufficed.

Postby LowKey

onlyevertonjon wrote:For those giving it to Ding, do you genuinely believe O'Sullivan would have taken 15 frames against Selby?

Ronnie would probably have taken 12 frames off Selby in that match.

Postby Dannyboy

LowKey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Ungracious from Ding.

Very much so. All that support and backing from the crowd + BBC and he acts like that when he loses.

I can't imagine any other player in the draw acting that poorly to Selby after losing. Ding has gone down in my estimation.

How would you react if you played 12.5 hours and 32 frames and lost out a World final and a minimum of another £85,000?

Postby GJ

GJ wrote:Wild doesn't think so

Wildey wrote:John Higgins is a 41 year old HAS BEEN and he will never win another WSC FACT

:wave: :parrot: <laugh>

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Chalk McHugh wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

Ronnie said his celebratory fist pumping was over the top as well.Once would been ok.To do it 3 times to Ding was a little disrespectful.His words not mine.

It was quite disrespectful. But emotions are emotions. You cant control them.

I would have forgiven him if he had done to every other player but to ding who lost his mother this year it wasn not approbiate imo.

Postby eraserhead

vodkadiet wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

Ding should have embraced Selby the way O'Sullivan embraced him. A nice kiss on Selby's cheek would have sufficed.

They might have both ended up on the table for a DDK :?