Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Mon April 24th) Last 16 !! !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 15th of April~Monday 1st of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

1pm start on Day 10 with Mark Selby holding a 4 frame lead over Xiao Guodong hoping to book his place in the Quarter Final and Barry Hawkins has a lead of 10-6 against Graeme Dott but not as big as he hoped when he was 9-3 up.

In the evening only one Match Neil Robertson and Marco Fu will have the arena to themselves in what promises to be a nail biting conclusion to the last 16.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Monday 24th of April

1pm

Mark Selby 10-6 Xiao Guodong Selby leads 2-0
Barry Hawkins 10-6 Graeme Dott Dott leads 5-3

7pm

Neil Robertson 8-8 Marco Fu Tied at 9-9

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 24th) Last 16 !! !

Postby GJ

1 slight thing I know Marco beat Higgins well in the Scottish final but I still think under extreme pressure hes suspect , I recall him crumbling v Day and missing lots of easy pots in WGP.

I hope the virtual 1 table set up gives robbo a slight adv.

Postby Cheshire Cat

GJ wrote:1 slight thing I know Marco beat Higgins well in the Scottish final but I still think under extreme pressure hes suspect , I recall him crumbling v Day and missing lots of easy pots in WGP.

Deserves to be a psuedo one table setup. It's been an excellent match, regardless of who wins.

Postby GJ

Cheshire Cat wrote:
GJ wrote:1 slight thing I know Marco beat Higgins well in the Scottish final but I still think under extreme pressure hes suspect , I recall him crumbling v Day and missing lots of easy pots in WGP.

Deserves to be a psuedo one table setup. It's been an excellent match, regardless of who wins.

Fully agree :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

I recall Marco saying he wasn't feeling well in that match against Day.

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:

I recall Marco saying he wasn't feeling well in that match against Day.

Fair enough :spot on:

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:Fu choked against O'Sullivan in the UK too

Its up to Robbo to keep him under extreme pressure and see what happens.

Postby Iranu

In his Shanghai final with Ronnie he played awesome under pressure. Potted one of the best reds down the side cushion I've ever seen, with the rest.

I think Marco's form/pressure play is just pretty random.

Postby GJ

Iranu wrote:
GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Fu choked against O'Sullivan in the UK too

Its up to Robbo to keep him under extreme pressure and see what happens.

Would you back Robbo in a decider?

Yes :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Iranu wrote:

In his Shanghai final with Ronnie he played awesome under pressure. Potted one of the best reds down the side cushion I've ever seen, with the rest.

Fair points I think your right , players have good and bad days and cant win all the close matches.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:

Shanghai Final? I think you mean 2007 Grand Prix Final, and I fully remember that red. I couldn't believe he actually went for that. It's similar to the blue along the cushion with the rest Hendry potted in the 1990 UK Final against Davis.

Postby Andre147

Hawkins and Selby will win their matches I have no doubt.

It will be a fitting conclusion to the Last 16, and it shall be a nervy finish, 13-11 or the full 25 frames I reckon. so hard to predict a winner, I usually dont like to sit on the fence, but I will on this one. Hoping for a great finish.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Hawkins and Selby will win their matches I have no doubt.

It will be a fitting conclusion to the Last 16, and it shall be a nervy finish, 13-11 or the full 25 frames I reckon. so hard to predict a winner, I usually dont like to sit on the fence, but I will on this one. Hoping for a great finish.

Aye,no way back for Dott n Xiao i,m afraid.

Graeme did very well to come through the qualifyers and to beat Carter,but I thought Barry would be too much for him tbh.

Selby/Xiao was/is really a foregone conclusion.

Before the Robbo/Fu match started,i thought that Robbo would win the match,i,m stickin to my guns,i still think Robbo will beat Fu.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Shanghai Final? I think you mean 2007 Grand Prix Final, and I fully remember that red. I couldn't believe he actually went for that. It's similar to the blue along the cushion with the rest Hendry potted in the 1990 UK Final against Davis.

Yeah the Grand Prix sorry! I remember thinking for sure he'd play a safety.

Postby TheSaviour

I am glad there´s a Graeme Dott´s century break now available. I have for years been avoiding watching any live snooker. I admit watching it live can bring a fast joy. But then starting to figure what´s up with these guys it goes all wrong. They all are some strange, lonely, some might even said sad people who has got a heavy financial backing to practise their profession. Unless your name happens to be Graeme Dott. I think that the player of the season has been Allister Carter, closely followed up by the Pocket Dynamo. The Pocket Rocket. Dott the Pot. Pot the Lot Dott. Lol. During the season Allister has filled the Youtube with some incredible century breaks. While no-one else has done absolutely nothing to thrill the fans. Graeme has returned to form, this has already been a great show.

I am not the right person to state this but obviously I do know how these matches will go. But I am still entitled to have an opinions which I just wrote. Winning the big tournaments or having a steady success isn´t all there is. I once again financial backed Ronnie to beat Ding with a nice odds out there available. I know it´s not what I usually seek because I have noticed some flaws on Ronnie´s break-building. He has still done utmostly good. Ding is no bottler by any means. He is not a mentally strong either. The thing just is when a player needs to concentrate fully to pot a one pressure ball, it is almost impossible to get the position also. Even when the pot is made (which Ding does really well, a pressure potting) the position is not quite there. And then the break-building or the clearences goes progressively harder and harder. That´s just by the laws of the averages and laws of the mathematics. I have a had a great success lately, so I can afford to back Ronnie even when I see some flaws and don´t PARTICULARLY like it. He needs to be at the races if he really fancies to beat Ding. He has done really good so far, and he is a big and ugly enough to win that one. And needs to be said Mark Selby has looked SCARELY good so far. He is the only one who has managed to save his best for the latter stages. Quite obviously so. For a once I see we could have a genuine progress. I don´t wan´t to say vandalising is boring when you have nothing to say. Because that´s how SCARELY good Mark Selby has looked liked.

So that was for to tomorrow (Tue April 25th).

Come On Graeme!!

Come On Mark!!

Come on Ronnie (Tue April 25th)!!
Last edited by TheSaviour on 25 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:I am glad there´s a Graeme Dott´s century break now available. I have for years been avoiding watching any live snooker. I admit watching it live can bring a fast joy. But then starting to figure what´s up with these guys it goes all wrong. They all are some strange, lonely, some might even said sad people who has got a heavy financial backing to practise their profession. Unless your name happens to be Graeme Dott. I think that the star of the season has been Allister Carter, closely followed up by the Pocket Dynamo. The Pocket Rocket. Dott the Pot. Pot the Lot Dott. Lol. During the season Allister has filled the Youtube with some incredible century breaks. While no-one else has done absolutely nothing to thrill the fans. Graeme has returned to form, this has already been a great show.

I am not the right person to state this but obviously I do know how these matches will go. But I am still entitled to have an opinions which I just wrote. Winning the big tournaments or having a steady success isn´t all there is. I once again financial backed Ronnie to beat Ding with a nice odds out there available. I know it´s not what I usually seek because I have noticed some flaws on Ronnie´s break-building. He has still done utmostly good. Ding is no bottler by any means. He is not a mentally strong either. The thing just is when a player needs to concentrate fully to pot a one pressure ball, it is almost impossible to get the position also. Even when the pot is made (which Ding does really well, a pressure potting) the position is not quite there. And then the break-building or the clearences goes progressively harder and harder. That´s just by the laws of the averages and laws of the mathematics. I have a had a great success lately, so I can afford to back Ronnie even when I see some flaws and don´t PARTICULARLY like it. He needs to be at the races if he really fancies to beat Ding. He has done really good so far, and he is a big and ugly enough to win that one. And needs to be said Mark Selby has looked SCARELY good so far. He is the only one who has managed to save his best for the latter stages. Quite obviously so. For a once I see we could have a genuine progress. I don´t wan´t to say vandalising is boring when you have nothing to say. Because that´s how SCARELY good Mark Selby has looked liked.

Come On Graeme!!

Come On Mark!!

Why are we not surprised?

Postby GJ

TheSaviour wrote:I am glad there´s a Graeme Dott´s century break now available. I have for years been avoiding watching any live snooker. I admit watching it live can bring a fast joy. But then starting to figure what´s up with these guys it goes all wrong. They all are some strange, lonely, some might even said sad people who has got a heavy financial backing to practise their profession. Unless your name happens to be Graeme Dott. I think that the star of the season has been Allister Carter, closely followed up by the Pocket Dynamo. The Pocket Rocket. Dott the Pot. Pot the Lot Dott. Lol. During the season Allister has filled the Youtube with some incredible century breaks. While no-one else has done absolutely nothing to thrill the fans. Graeme has returned to form, this has already been a great show.

Come On Graeme!!

Come On Mark!!

Don't forget your medication :lol:

Postby Lucky

For kick read poor cueing. Only ever happens under pressure. Impossible to replicate when trying to. Some players far more susceptible to kicks than others.....kicks are a bottlers ready made excuse.