Post a reply

Re: Ronnie says he's getting bullied by Hearn...

Postby Andre147

And he's getting threatened with fines, etc for simply being honest abd expressing his opinion.

He was never rude in any way, sure we can disagree with his opinions, I do, but WS is simply trying to shut him up.

You can see he's here really to win it, and is tired of all the burocracy involved around it.

I hope his Snooker does the talking though, and he was visibly pumped after that first round win. I hope thats the necessary fuel he needs to ignite the Rocket again!

Postby vodkadiet

It used to be quite amusing watching O'Sullivan give his "The world is against me" interviews, but now the act is played out and very boring.

Listening to that diatribe you would have thought Barry Hearn had imprisoned him in a dark room for 5 years and fed him nothing but stale bread and water.

He should watch the news to see what is happening to other people in the world to see how insulting he is to those who really have a tough life.

Postby SnookerEd25

Not a big fan of Ronnie the person, & I'm not necessarily behind him here, but do worry that Hearn is trying to turn Snooker into his own personal fiefdom, and there needs to be some player(s) with the balls to stand up to him. It is classic bully stuff.

Postby Jester82

ScottCorno wrote:<doh> Ronnie being Ronnie shocker

:chuckle:

Ronnie is getting bullied by his own bitchy wife Hearn who has made everything easier for his henpecked betty.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Not a big fan of Ronnie the person, & I'm not necessarily behind him here, but do worry that Hearn is trying to turn Snooker into his own personal fiefdom, and there needs to be some player(s) with the balls to stand up to him. It is classic bully stuff.

Hearn is a bit of idiot. That's not up for debate.

Don't mean Ronnie can't be one as well.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:"I've given 25 years of service to snooker".... As if equating it to giving 25 years of service to the fire service.

Waah. He has to mind what he says in Press Conferences. Because nobody else in the world has to mind what they say when in professional working environments....

Postby snooker_loopy

I've never been a fan of Barry Hearn although it's fair to say he's brought a lot more events to the snooker circuit and upped the prize money. Every player signs a contract of employment when they become a player and O'Sullivan has to abide with the rules of that contract. If he's in breach and won't pay up the fine or won't apologize then he'll get more grief.

What's happening with Ronnie is what happened with Mark Allen. He infamously stuck tape over his mouth during a press conference to highlight his view about Hearn's running of the sport! I don't think it helped his career and I doubt Ronnie badmouthing Hearn's administration will do much for the rest of his career but as he said, he can leave the sport. He's done enough in the game, he can do Eurosport presenting and other stuff outside the game.
Last edited by snooker_loopy on 20 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

snooker_loopy wrote:I've never been a fan of Barry Hearn although it's fair to say he's brought a lot more events to the snooker circuit and upped the prize money. Every player signs a contract of employment when they become a player and O'Sullivan has to abide with the rules of that contract. If he's in breach and won't pay up the fine or won't apologize then he'll get more grief.

What's happening with Ronnie is what happened with Mark Allen. He infamously stuck tape over his month during a press conference to highlight his view about Hearn's running of the sport! I don't think it helped his career and I doubt Ronnie badmouthing Hearn's administration will do much for the rest of his career but as he said, he can leave the sport. He's done enough in the game, he can do Eurosport presenting and other stuff outside the game.

Have to agree with this :hatoff:

Whether Ronnie is right or wrong, it doesnt help his career. He even admited as such, his last 4 tournaments he played crap because he had those thoughts in his mind.

Anyway, I hope his SNooker does the talking. And no, I'm not saying Ronnie lost because of that. His opponents also deserve every credit.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie's Ronnie, he'll never change. Don't try to understand him... There will always be controversy about.
He probably does have a point here, but he himself is a part of the problem as well probably...

Sometimes the controversy makes him play better...

Postby SnookerFan

Witz_is_back wrote:Bingham is siding with Ronnie here it seems

Good points he makes about it being hypocritical of world
Snooker to want there to be characters in the game but then fine people who don't tow the party line and play it safe / politically correct in interviews

http://www.livesnooker.com/category/sno ... 0417-0005/

To be fair, Barry and Eddie were moaning in The Guardian the other that there weren't enough characters in snooker the other day. Barry said he wanted more like Ronnie.

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jehova's Witnesses will not eat black pudding

Is it the blood? I know blood transfusions are against their beliefs.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jehova's Witnesses will not eat black pudding

Is it the blood? I know blood transfusions are against their beliefs.

Yeah, don't like taking on other people's blood, do they?

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker has paid the price for not being a global sport and therefore the snooker authorities never dealt with O'Sullivan in the way they should have. In tennis or golf he would have been banned a long time ago. This rubbish about any individual being bigger than the sport doesn't wash. Alex Higgins was dealt with by the authorities, and he was a bigger draw than O'Sullivan has ever been. Rex Williams didn't suffer nonsense as those who followed him have,

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:Snooker has paid the price for not being a global sport and therefore the snooker authorities never dealt with O'Sullivan in the way they should have. In tennis or golf he would have been banned a long time ago. This rubbish about any individual being bigger than the sport doesn't wash. Alex Higgins was dealt with by the authorities, and he was a bigger draw than O'Sullivan has ever been. Rex Williams didn't suffer nonsense as those who followed him have,

Ronnie is more important to snooker than Higgins was.

Postby snucar

vodkadiet wrote:Snooker has paid the price for not being a global sport and therefore the snooker authorities never dealt with O'Sullivan in the way they should have. In tennis or golf he would have been banned a long time ago. This rubbish about any individual being bigger than the sport doesn't wash. Alex Higgins was dealt with by the authorities, and he was a bigger draw than O'Sullivan has ever been. Rex Williams didn't suffer nonsense as those who followed him have,

You've nailed it!

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:

Ronnie is more important to snooker than Higgins was.

He is a better player than Higgins, but he has never been as popular.