Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Mon April 17th) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Ding Junhui starts out against Zhou Yuelong in a all Chinese showdown and battle of veterans Stuart Bingham against Peter Ebdon plays to a finish in Morning Session.

And in the Afternoon 4 times World Champion John Higgins starts his campaign playing the dangerous Martin Gould and Can Shaun Murphy see off young Yan Bingtao to set up a Last 16 clash with Ronnie O'Sullivan.

And finishing off day 3 two matches will be played to a finish as Marco Fu will be trying to overcome a 7-2 deficit against Luca Brecel and Mark Allen at 5-4 up will try to push on against Jimmy Robertson.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Monday 17th of April

10am

Ding Junhui 7-2 Zhou Yuelong Ding Junhui leads 2-0
**Stuart Bingham 10-5 Peter Ebdon Ebdon leads 9-7

2.30pm

**Shaun Murphy 10-8 Yan Bingtao Yan Bingtao leads 2-1
John Higgins 7-2 Martin Gould Higgins leads 6-3

7pm

**Marco Fu 10-9 Luca Brecel Marco Fu leads 4-0
**Mark Allen 10-8 Jimmy Robertson Allen leads 1-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 17th) Last 32 !!

Postby TheRocket

bingham ebdon could go all the way. bingham imo is lacking of the scoring power he had 2-3 years ago. Despite winning the welsh open this season he doesnt look like the same player.

Ding Yuelong should be interesting. Potential of being a tricky match for Ding. Same for Higgins against Gould.

Expect Murphy, Allen and Brecel to win their matches comfortably.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Yuelong has only won frame out 12 against Ding. Maybe overawed? Can see Ding winning comfortably.

ding just never really convinced me at all in the Crucible. Not even last year when he reached the final. We'll see whether playing a compatriot will put more pressure on him or not.

But he has always looked like a weaker player in the crucible.

Postby PLtheRef

TheRocket wrote:bingham ebdon could go all the way. bingham imo is lacking of the scoring power he had 2-3 years ago. Despite winning the welsh open this season he doesnt look like the same player.

Ding Yuelong should be interesting. Potential of being a tricky match for Ding. Same for Higgins against Gould.

Expect Murphy, Allen and Brecel to win their matches comfortably.

I have got tickets for Bingham v Ebdon tomorrow morning. I can see that one being hauled off if it goes close.

Postby Andre147

I'm not so sure Luca wont make it hard for himself...

If Fu wins 3 of the first 4 frames for instance and be 8-5 down, I can see Luca starting to feel some pressure.

But dont get me wrong, I hope he wins this one confortably, and he should really.

Higgins v Gould is the tie I'm most looking forward to. I think Gould can beat him. Higgins record here since winning in 2011 is appalling... only one Quarter-Final, and that came last year.

Allen should win his match, and so should Ding against an opponent who usually struggles against him. Ebdon v Bingham is hard to predict mostly given how Peter closed the 1st session.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:I'm not so sure Luca wont make it hard for himself...

If Fu wins 3 of the first 4 frames for instance and be 8-5 down, I can see Luca starting to feel some pressure.

But dont get me wrong, I hope he wins this one confortably, and he should really.

Higgins v Gould is the tie I'm most looking forward to. I think Gould can beat him. Higgins record here since winning in 2011 is appalling... only one Quarter-Final, and that came last year.

Allen should win his match, and so should Ding against an opponent who usually struggles against him. Ebdon v Bingham is hard to predict mostly given how Peter closed the 1st session.

to be honest Marco did not turn up tonight until he was 7-1 down ...

i can easily see Marco winning the first 4 frames tomorrow Luca plays some very careless shots it has to be said.

Luca obviously Favourite but not as much a fave as the 7-2 scoreline suggests.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I'm unconvinced by Luca. He may well win this match, but his style of play is a disaster waiting to happen.

He had Fu on the ropes tonight, and if Fu wasn't having such an off day, Luca certainly did his best to let Fu back into it. A 7-2 lead shouldn't distract from some of the terrible shot selection he showed.

Looking forward to the Ding v Yuelong match.

Postby PLtheRef

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Yuelong has only won frame out 12 against Ding. Maybe overawed? Can see Ding winning comfortably.

ding just never really convinced me at all in the Crucible. Not even last year when he reached the final. We'll see whether playing a compatriot will put more pressure on him or not.

But he has always looked like a weaker player in the crucible.

He's played Fu and Liang before at the Crucible, both in the first round and squeaked through in both 10-8 or 10-9.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cheshire Cat wrote:I'm unconvinced by Luca. He may well win this match, but his style of play is a disaster waiting to happen.

He had Fu on the ropes tonight, and if Fu wasn't having such an off day, Luca certainly did his best to let Fu back into it. A 7-2 lead shouldn't distract from some of the terrible shot selection he showed.

I get what you're saying. As impressive as Luca can look when he's potting balls from lampshades, he never looks like he's in full controll. Even when he's making big breaks he usually runs out of position a couple of time and his shot selection can be terrible. I'd love to see him go far in this championship, but he's going to have to get his head right.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:What's the day 3 record? :gag:

How do you even know these?

He goes through each and every day 3 thread. Heaven forfend there is a miscount

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:I'm unconvinced by Luca. He may well win this match, but his style of play is a disaster waiting to happen.

I get what you're saying. As impressive as Luca can look when he's potting balls from lampshades, he never looks like he's in full controll. Even when he's making big breaks he usually runs out of position a couple of time and his shot selection can be terrible. I'd love to see him go far in this championship, but he's going to have to get his head right.

Exciting player to watch. As Neal Foulds said he's a bit of a throwback to the 80s

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Exciting player to watch. As Neal Foulds said he's a bit of a throwback to the 80s

Indeed, he does have that 80's vibe. Going for flashy shots, not taking his time, always attacking... It's nice to watch, but you have the feeling he can mess it up at anytime..