Post a reply

Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 3 (April 11th & 12th)

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 5th ~ Wednesday 12th of April at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield

32 Players in Round 3 but only 16 players that will emerge and take their place in the draw on Thursday for the other 16 two weeks trying to avoid BBC TV and Eurosport.

8 Players out of 32 tasted the Crucible atmosphere last year and want to be back there Peter Ebdon will be playing Michael Holt both played there last year one will be disapointed this time.

Who will servive Judgement Day on Wednesday?

DRAW

Round 3 Draw and Head to Head

Mark J Williams v Stuart Carrington Never played before
Tom Ford v Hossein Vafaei Never played before
Lee Walker v Noppon Saengkham Never played before
Li Hang v Stephen Maguire Maguire Leads 1-0
Mark King v Xiao Guodong Ebdon Leads 2-1
Ben Woollaston v Zhou Yuelong Woollaston Leads 1-0
Jamie Jones v Graeme Dott Dott Leads 3-2
Fergal O'Brien v David Gilbert Gilbert Leads 4-2
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akani Songsermsawad v David Grace Never played before
Luca Brecel v Dominic Dale Brecel Leads 2-1
Gary Wilson v Michael White White Leads 2-0
Rory McLeod v Hammad Miah Tied at 1-1
Michael Holt v Peter Ebdon Ebdon Leads 6-2
Rod Lawler v Jimmy Robertson Tied at 2-2
Yan Bingtao v Alexander Ursenbacker Never played before
Yu Delu v Martin Gould Gould leads 1-0

Players in Bold appeared at the Crucible in 2016

ORDER OF PLAY

WATCH ON FACEBOOK LIVE

Image]

Re: Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 3 (April 11th & 1

Postby Cheshire Cat

Oddly enough I was watching a few Ebdon matches back this week. Stevens v Ebdon 2002 World SF and Higgins v Ebdon 2005 Masters SF.

What a player that man was, especially that ridiculous clearance against Higgins in 2005. It's a shame people see his voodoo against ROS in the 2005 Worlds and think that's how he always play.

Would like both him and Holt to qualify, unfortunate that they play each other.
Last edited by Cheshire Cat on 11 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Oddly enough I was watching a few Ebdon matches back this week. Stevens v Ebdon 2002 World SF and Higgins v Ebdon 2005 Masters QF.

What a player that man was, especially that ridiculous clearance against Higgins in 2005. It's a shame people see his voodoo against ROS in the 2005 Worlds and think that's how he always play.

Actually, I remember watching the China Open final he had against John Higgins, and being surprised by how fast and attacking he played.

Postby SnookerFan

I wonder how many female referees Hearn will have at The Crucible this year?

He brought a few in to prove he wasn't sexist after he fired Michaela for being female, or whatever it was. Now Reanne Evans won't be bringing the girl power to The Crucible, maybe Hearn will act fast to draft in some of the female ref brigade.

Or maybe he'll just add more Betfred Girls to wonder around the foyer, handing out T-Shirts and them Great Shot sign thingys they have.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Oddly enough I was watching a few Ebdon matches back this week. Stevens v Ebdon 2002 World SF and Higgins v Ebdon 2005 Masters QF.

Actually, I remember watching the China Open final he had against John Higgins, and being surprised by how fast and attacking he played.

Yes, I remember well when he burst onto the scene at the World Championship he was viewed as an exciting, iconoclastic, ponytailed youth; like a caged lion cub released into the wild for the first time. Steve Davis was most impressed and decided to show uncharacteristic emotion when he won a frame against him in tribute to this force of yoof.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Not sure who I would prefer to win out of Dale and Brecel.

I should want youth to win, but Brecel is a bit rubbish, and I quite like Dominic Dale.

Only a moron would describe Brecel as "rubbish". Hello, Mr Moron.

I said a bit rubbish.

Postby OoNebsoO

https://www.facebook.com/WorldSnooker1/ ... 274607062/

Looks like Wilson - White match will feature there. I'd hoped for Bingtao or Brecel. That's third White match in a row, come on, bit of variety. Williams will also feature three times in qualifications.

They do say this though...

World Snooker We are LIVE for Judgement Day! We're bringing you unprecedented coverage of all tables here at the final round of Betfred World Championship Qualifying. Send us your questions to get involved!

All tables? Nice.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:Not sure who I would prefer to win out of Dale and Brecel.

I should want youth to win, but Brecel is a bit rubbish, and I quite like Dominic Dale.

Brecel will have to play much better to beat Dale. He did improve against Swail last night, and you could sense that once the match went 8-8 that Brecel was going to finish the job. But I am not sure that Dale will struggle close to the line like the Northern Irishman did

Postby PoolBoy

Martin Gould 5-4 Yu Delu
Yan Bingtao 6-3 Alexander Ursenbacher

David Grace 3-3 Akani Songsermsawad
Jimmy Robertson 3-3 Rod Lawler
Michael Holt 3-4 Peter Ebdon
Gary Wilson 5-2 Michael White
Dominic Dale 3-5 Luca Brecel
Mark King 0-6 Xiao Guodong