Post a reply

hello from Latvia

Postby heydoog

Hello everybody,

i was watching Williams Xintong match last night and at 5-7 i swore to myself, that in case Willo wins, im going to register here. :party: AS you can guess, im a big Mark Williams fan since i began following snooker 2003. I even crushed my laptop, when MjW lost to Higgins in that UK final :sad: not my wisest move, since that way i didnt get to watch the deciding frame.

About me, im currently working in Wurzburg, Germany. I havent played much snooker, maybe 5 - 6 times in my life. though i managed to pot 4 reds and 3 blacks, before misshitting on the next colour, still proud of that break :happy:

so cheers guys, have a nice weekend

Re: hello from Latvia

Postby Muppet147

heydoog wrote:
About me, im currently working in Wurzburg, Germany. I havent played much snooker, maybe 5 - 6 times in my life. though i managed to pot 4 reds and 3 blacks, before misshitting on the next colour, still proud of that break :happy:

It must have been the pressure of going for a maximum.

Postby heydoog

Muppet147 wrote:
heydoog wrote:

It must have been the pressure of going for a maximum.

yeah, right :hyper: i would like to play snooker more often, enjoy it. but i dont have that much time. does it makes sense to play it maybe 1-3 times a month? also, my buddies dont like to play snooker cause every pot is so difficult. thats why they always try to play pool

Postby Dan-cat

Yeah the thing about snooker, for me at least, is I have to play it regularly to really enjoy it. 3 times a month would be fine, once a week even better. If I don't play for a month or so, whihc can happen, it takes a couple of sessions to get back into your technique and feel confident again. With pool I can pick it up and play competently whenever and I can see why your mates would rather play pool because it's more rewarding in the short term and easier. However, persevere with snooker and it's a much more beautiful and fascinating game.

I was in Latvia last year, for a music festival called Positivus. It was so much fun. I was there with my lovely Latvian girlfriend, who dumped me about a month ago. I'm still heart broken. She was a diamond of a woman and I treated her very casually and took her for granted. I'm an idiot. Boo bucking hooooo