Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Semi Finals !!!!

Postby TheRocket

Didnt MJW say that he was shaking like a leaf during his match against Highfield at the UK Championship? Back then it was about playing in the Masters. And he was nervous as hell despite only playing a journeyman.

It will be an extremely hard task to keep the nerves under control. And even harder if his opponent is Selby. Not to mention its a final at the same time.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Didnt MJW say that he was shaking like a leaf during his match against Highfield at the UK Championship? Back then it was about playing in the Masters. And he was nervous as hell despite only playing a journeyman.

It will be an extremely hard task to keep the nerves under control. And even harder if his opponent is Selby. Not to mention its a final at the same time.

Sadly Williams has become a choker in big matches in recent years. I don't see him winning if it goes close.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Didnt MJW say that he was shaking like a leaf during his match against Highfield at the UK Championship? Back then it was about playing in the Masters. And he was nervous as hell despite only playing a journeyman.

Sadly Williams has become a choker in big matches in recent years. I don't see him winning if it goes close.

I agree, his best chance is winning something like 10-6 or maybe 10-7. Anything worse and he'll bottle it, either v Selby or Wilson.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

guys super appy for MJW

i will cheer for hin like i do for Ronnie. he deserves a ranking title after all. beat higgins and murphy. that higgins win was so special. the way he did it.

think when he plays his game solidly he will have a genuine chance.

come one MJW. after all the years of near misses its your tome to shine.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:guys super appy for MJW

i will cheer for hin like i do for Ronnie. he deserves a ranking title after all. beat higgins and murphy. that higgins win was so special. the way he did it.

Much like Federer last Major prior Aussie Open was Wimbledon in 2012, MJW's last ranker was in 2011.

But unlike others, I would prefer MJW playing Selby.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:guys super appy for MJW

Much like Federer last Major prior Aussie Open was Wimbledon in 2012, MJW's last ranker was in 2011.

But unlike others, I would prefer MJW playing Selby.

Do you think he has a better chance against Selby?

Postby TheRocket

MJW and Selby getting along well could be indeed in MJW favour. When he plays Selby he doesnt feel like hes playing the current best player but just a good pal. That could possibly take some pressure away from him.

But still. Very hard task.

Postby PoolBoy

The seedings now taking even more shape!
Just the 15th and 16th seeding places now to be confirmed.

Mark Selby v Qualifier
Anthony McGill or Ryan Day v Qualifier
Neil Robertson v Qualifier
Marco Fu v Qualifier
-------------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Qualifier
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Qualifier
Liang Wenbo v Qualifier
Ding Junhui v Qualifier
Stuart Bingham v Qualifier
Kyren Wilson v Qualifier
Mark Allen v Qualifier
John Higgins v Qualifier
Barry Hawkins v Qualifier
Ali Carter v Qualifier
Anthony McGill or Mark J Williams v Qualifier
Judd Trump v Qualifier

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:MJW and Selby getting along well could be indeed in MJW favour. When he plays Selby he doesnt feel like hes playing the current best player but just a good pal. That could possibly take some pressure away from him.

But still. Very hard task.

Hard one, but at least hes beaten him many times before and thats a huge advantage.

Im just hoping we dont get another Final like MJW's last in China... which ended 10-9 Selby when MJW was 9-6 in front.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Possible Ding vs Selecta second round. :hatoff:

That quarter of the draw is 'loaded'! And that's before the 4 qualifiers (in that quarter) are added...you could get guys like Michael White, Ricky Walden, Joe Perry and even Mark Williams joining them!