Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Semi Finals !!!!

Postby PoolBoy

Vafaei looks a bit like David Walliams!

Meanwhile, this must be torture for Ryan Day! He's still no idea whether he's go to mentally prepare for potentially 3 best-of-19 matches - starting on Wednesday - or if he's got a fortnight off to prepare for the Crucible!

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:Vafaei looks a bit like David Walliams!

Meanwhile, this must be torture for Ryan Day! He's still no idea whether he's go to mentally prepare for potentially 3 best-of-19 matches - starting on Wednesday - or if he's got a fortnight off to prepare for the Crucible!

That is a slight hitch of this rolling ranking system. Hard to prepare for, at times.

Postby Dannyboy

SnookerFan wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:Vafaei looks a bit like David Walliams!

That is a slight hitch of this rolling ranking system. Hard to prepare for, at times.

Its brutal. But they're professional players and he should've won more games!!

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Didn't manage to see any of the Willo matches so far. Is he playing ace then?? So good that he's in a big final!!

I think MJW will feel more relaxed playing Selby than he will playing Wilson...

He knows he's got to play his absolute best to beat Selby, and his h2h v him is a great one, whereas v Wilson he may feel he really has to win it... don't know if I'm expressing myself the right way, but just have a feeling MJW's chances are slightly better v Selby, as strange as it may seem.

Postby Andre147

Coincidence or not, MJW's last ranking event final (I'm not counting the Bo7 Players Grand Finals) was the Shanghai Masters in 2011, when he lost 10-9 v Selby...

Now he has another Final in China, and I'm hoping he faces Selby again and beats him.

Postby eraserhead

Wonder how he'll handle the pressure he says he's not bothered about winning, but he won't want to got to qualifying and I think he'd love another title at this stage of his career.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Wonder how he'll handle the pressure he says he's not bothered about winning, but he won't want to got to qualifying and I think he'd love another title at this stage of his career.

I think getting into the Top 16 is just a bonus in his mind really, what he really wants is another title, something he hasn't done since the 2011 German Masters when he won against who.... Selby!