Post a reply

2017 Crucible Chances Series

Postby thecueview

I first off just want to say thanks to everyone who gives me feedback regards my articles and website. I really appreciate your time and comments!

It is 16 days until the Crucible. Whilst we don't know the seedings, qualifiers or draws, we are now certain of 15 out of the 16 players already in the main draw.

Each day I will be doing a feature on a certain player. I will be looking at their seasonal form, World Championship history and gauging what people's opinions are of them in regards to how well they will do in Sheffield.

The first player to feature is Marco Fu

http://www.thecueview.com/2017-crucible ... co-fu.html

Tomorrow's will be Mark Allen - if you have any feelings and / or opinions on how you think he will do, please comment as I may feature it in the article.

Cheers!

Re: 2017 Crucible Chances Series

Postby mick745

Every time you think Higgins is past it he goes and wins another tournament. However, it is a long time since he's won a ranking tournament and it is a job seeing him winning the world championship again in the twilight days of his career. Having said that his experience will no doubt take him at least a couple of rounds. Will he lift the trophy? Probably not.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:Mark Allen is 50-1?

Probably deserves it. He is spunking away his best years.

He could do a Bingham or Hawkins and suddenly peak in his mid/late 30's.

Postby SnookerFan

thecueview wrote:I first off just want to say thanks to everyone who gives me feedback regards my articles and website. I really appreciate your time and comments!

It is 16 days until the Crucible. Whilst we don't know the seedings, qualifiers or draws, we are now certain of 15 out of the 16 players already in the main draw.

Each day I will be doing a feature on a certain player. I will be looking at their seasonal form, World Championship history and gauging what people's opinions are of them in regards to how well they will do in Sheffield.

The first player to feature is Marco Fu

http://www.thecueview.com/2017-crucible ... co-fu.html

Tomorrow's will be Mark Allen - if you have any feelings and / or opinions on how you think he will do, please comment as I may feature it in the article.

Cheers!

I'd really like Marco Fu to do it.

Postby mick745

As to Barry's chances, yes why not? He is definitely better than some of the players that have won it, very steady player, rarely plays a bad shot, and proven winner of ranking titles. Has reached the final before and has proved he can live with the likes of O'Sullivan over the lengthy multi-session matches. Arguably has played some of the best snooker of his career at times this season. Definitely one of the favourites.

Postby PoolBoy

mick745 wrote:As to Barry's chances, yes why not? He is definitely better than some of the players that have won it, very steady player, rarely plays a bad shot, and proven winner of ranking titles. Has reached the final before and has proved he can live with the likes of O'Sullivan over the lengthy multi-session matches. Arguably has played some of the best snooker of his career at times this season. Definitely one of the favourites.

Was nodding my head in agreement, but have just seen that Barry is on a quarter-finals collision course with Judd Trump!
As I'm 'fancying' Judd this year, I'm now going to have to say that I don't think Hawkins will be at the one-table stage this season.
This is mouth-watering!

Postby PLtheRef

PoolBoy wrote:
mick745 wrote:As to Barry's chances, yes why not? He is definitely better than some of the players that have won it, very steady player, rarely plays a bad shot, and proven winner of ranking titles. Has reached the final before and has proved he can live with the likes of O'Sullivan over the lengthy multi-session matches. Arguably has played some of the best snooker of his career at times this season. Definitely one of the favourites.

Was nodding my head in agreement, but have just seen that Barry is on a quarter-finals collision course with Judd Trump!
As I'm 'fancying' Judd this year, I'm now going to have to say that I don't think Hawkins will be at the one-table stage this season.
This is mouth-watering!

If there is one place where Hawkins plays well then it's the Crucible. Though Trump will be many people's tips to do very well this year, Hawkins is capable of beating anyone there. He's shown that by his victories over O'Sullivan, Robertson, Selby and even in poor form, he has always had a good run at the World Championship in recent years

Postby mick745

Liang has made his ranking win debut this season and has established himself in the top 16. Arguably should have beaten Judd in R1 last year and O'Sullivan in the Masters but I think that is his weakness. Can't really see him holding himself together if it was a really close tense match in the later stages of the tournament Has the talent but not temprament.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:Robbo has had a poor season.

He has, but that means he enters the event with less expectation on him than in previous years. On present form you'd not expect him to go overly far but that might suit him, as the last few years where big things have seen him not produce his best. I found that interesting, that he had only gone out in the first round on debut before winning the title, yet has only won half of his first round matches since the title.

And the last time Robertson was seeded number 9?

Postby SnookerEd25

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Liang is a battler but he has reached the ceiling of his talents in my opinion

Ah ... but one man's ceiling is another man's floor...

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Liang is a battler but he has reached the ceiling of his talents in my opinion

Perhaps Liang lives in a bungalow?

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Perhaps Liang lives in a bungalow?

...perhaps John Virgo 'lives' in a bunker underneath it...

Could happen.

Postby Cloud Strife

Good stuff. Keep it up.

Regarding these player features, I've noticed there's a certain someone you haven't profiled yet. Are you saving the best for last? :gag:

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Could be. Been on a lot of finals.

Needs to stay humble though. When he gets cocky, he starts losing.

And avoid mid-session twitter spats.