Post a reply

Bank of Beijing China Open Quarter Finals !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 27th of March ~ Sunday 2nd of April at Students Gymnasium, Beijing, China

Quarter Finals sees Hossein Vafeei reach this stage for the second time but playing form man Judd Trump who hes yet to beat.

Also still in is Kyren Wilson who has secured his place at the Crucible for the 3rd time and first time as a seed.

Both Mark Williams and Stephen Maguire needs to win the tournament to avoid the Heat of Ponds Forge But with World Champion Mark Selby, Form Man Judd Trump and Shaun Murphy and Ding Junhui still there that wont be easy.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Judd Trump v Hossein Vafeei Trump leads 4-0
Shaun Murphy v Mark Williams Williams leads 13-11
-----------------------------------------------------
Kyren Wilson v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 4-1
Stephen Maguire v Mark Selby Maguire leads 12-11

ORDER OF PLAY

Image]

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Quarter Finals !!!!

Postby eraserhead

Nice to see Kyren make the QFs and secure his crucible place, but hopefully his run ends here. <ok>

Hopefully be able to watch more at the weekend the evening sessions at least.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:I'd love it if Mark Williams made another ranking event final. <ok>

Me too, but won't be too upset if he doesn't; i've been so impressed with Vafaei this season, and really excited about his potential...

Postby eraserhead

Wow Judd! Did he say anything stupid after making the max that's what usualy does him in. Definitely going to watch this match later.

Imagine a Mags - Williams final!

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Wow Judd! Did he say anything stupid after making the max that's what usualy does him in. Definitely going to watch this match later.

Imagine a Mags - Williams final!

Mags or Kyren are MJWs best chance, but he needs to reach the final though.

Dont think anyone saw this coming the way Judd been playing, but like you say when he starts to get some decent results together, he gets cocky most of the times. This is one of the reasons I have doubts in him becoming World Champion, and I rate Selby the favourite this year, not him.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'd love it if Mark Williams made another ranking event final. <ok>

Me too, but won't be too upset if he doesn't; i've been so impressed with Vafaei this season, and really excited about his potential...

I've probably been saying this all season, but I saw him in Crawley at the Australian Open qualifiers I went to. He beat Dominic Dale.

I saw Martin Gould play that day, as well. <ok>

Postby Tamctus

Trump didn't play bad though. Sure there were a few more mistakes than in previous matches but overall it was a good effort. It's just that Vafaei was on fire today, knocking in two centuries. To be honest, Vafaei also had a bit more luck but in no way was it a decisive factor. If he can keepo his cool in the semis MJW will have to play really well to beat him.

Postby PoolBoy

What a brilliant win for Hossein Vafaei!
It's a win which could go a long way to preserving his Tour place. He was in danger of dropping-off, which would have been very unfortunate, as he's missed a number of tournaments through VISA issues.

Mark Williams' win means it's squeaky bum time for Ryan Day!

If my arithmetic is correct, the Crucible seedings are shaping-up to look like this:

1 Mark Selby
2 Judd Trump
3 Stuart Bingham
4 Ding Junhui
5 Shaun Murphy
6 John Higgins
7 Barry Hawkins
8 Marco Fu
9 Neil Robertson

10 Ali Carter or Kyren Wilson
11 Ali Carter or Mark Allen
12 Mark Allen or Ronnie O'Sullivan
13 Liang Wenbo or Ronnie O'Sullivan
14 Kyren Wilson or Liang Wenbo
15 Anthony McGill or Mark J Williams
16 Anthony McGill or Ryan Day or Stephen Maguire

Postby Pink Ball

PoolBoy wrote:What a brilliant win for Hossein Vafaei!
It's a win which could go a long way to preserving his Tour place. He was in danger of dropping-off, which would have been very unfortunate, as he's missed a number of tournaments through VISA issues.

Mark Williams' win means it's squeaky bum time for Ryan Day!

If my arithmetic is correct, the Crucible seedings are shaping-up to look like this:

1 Mark Selby
2 Judd Trump
3 Stuart Bingham
4 Ding Junhui
5 Shaun Murphy
6 John Higgins
7 Barry Hawkins
8 Marco Fu
9 Neil Robertson

10 Ali Carter or Kyren Wilson
11 Ali Carter or Mark Allen
12 Mark Allen or Ronnie O'Sullivan
13 Liang Wenbo or Ronnie O'Sullivan
14 Kyren Wilson or Liang Wenbo
15 Anthony McGill or Mark J Williams
16 Anthony McGill or Ryan Day or Stephen Maguire

Good post.

As a Ding fan, I'm not liking the prospect of Murphy in a possible quarter-final. He never beats Murphy.