Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Last 16 !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Big-butt wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Am I correct in thinking that Mark Williams has to win the China Open to be seeded at The Crucible?

yes.

big ask?

I would say so. I mean, I just don't see him as a tournament winner any more. Though, stranger things have happened.

I've not seen any this week though, so it's hard to judge. Trump sounds in good form. So does Ding.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:i think it makes the championship more exiting.

Ronnie has been such a formidable opponent for the last 5 years its been a 3 horse race prior to sheffield

Ronnie, Selby and Robertson ok Bingham won it but nobody saw that coming.

this year its the most wide open tournament ever because of the way Ronnie is playing

Yes.

Between 2007 and 2013 inclusive, there was a period of time where The Crucible was only won once by a player who wasn't Ronnie or John Higgins.

Now it's more open. In that both those two players mentioned could still conceivably win the tournament , but neither are favourite. Judd looks amongst the favourites, and Selby also has every chance. I wonder about Ding, because though he's not been on great form lately, sounds like he's playing better in China and did make the final last year.

And that's just discussing favourites, without factoring in somebody's ability to suddenly find form, or pull a Bingham.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Congrats to Judd for the 147.

It was maybe just the camera angle, but I was surprised the black dropped. The camera made it look like he caught it well on the thick side.

Postby PoolBoy

Cheshire Cat wrote:Congrats to Judd for the 147.

It was maybe just the camera angle, but I was surprised the black dropped. The camera made it look like he caught it well on the thick side.

Although, I'd heard he'd made the 147, if I'd been watching it 'live', I'd also have thought the black was staying out!

Postby Wildey

PoolBoy wrote:

Although, I'd heard he'd made the 147, if I'd been watching it 'live', I'd also have thought the black was staying out!

That black was out all day long something needs to be done about this its making it a mockery

Postby Wildey

Hossein has reached his second Ranking Quarter final of the season after The northern Ireland open

Postby sas6789

Wildey wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

That black was out all day long something needs to be done about this its making it a mockery

Just watch that 147 on YouTube, I've no idea how that black dropped, it would've been lucky to go in on a nine-ball table.

Postby hendry_fan

Well done to :trumpet: on makin his 3 *147*. :clap:

A crackin :cracker: final black he potted,horrible cut to have to play,never mind havin it for a max. :-D

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!.

MJW beats JH by 5 frames to 4!. :dizzy:

:roll:

CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRECT!!!!!!!

Maybe Mags,ll do the buisness.

He,s won it twice already,so a 3rd one coming up perhaps. :-D

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Where is Mags ranked? What's his chances of automatically qualifying for The Crucible?

He needs to win this if he wants to be seeded for the crucible.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

Fully agree. Every time I see something like that it kills a little bit of my enthusiasm for the sport.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

It also makes the game less exciting. The greatest games are characterised by dramatic misses more so than big breaks.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

It also makes the game less exciting. The greatest games are characterised by dramatic misses more so than big breaks.

Someone should try telling Hearn that.

Postby Wildey

Selby was 2-0 down and 68-0 down in the 4th frame and came out of that mini session 2-2

For me that what stands Selby apart from the rest. Judd might be playing the better stuff at the moment but to win the WC you got to have poor sessions and get out of them 5-3 or even 4-4 Judd might lose them sessions 7-1.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Selby was 2-0 down and 68-0 down in the 4th frame and came out of that mini session 2-2

For me that what stands Selby apart from the rest. Judd might be playing the better stuff at the moment but to win the WC you got to have poor sessions and get out of them 5-3 or even 4-4 Judd might lose them sessions 7-1.

Agreed.

You can't go 17 days, and win five multi-session matches, without having one duff frame.

Especially when you consider that the it takes as many frames to win the semis and final, as it does to take the previous three frames combined.

You have to be able to get results when playing badly. Or find a way to win when you're knackered, because you were playing until midnight the day before.

Postby PoolBoy

eraserhead wrote:What stage of Judd's 147 was the dodgy black?

It was the final ball!
He was very low on the black ball, so-much-so that I thought he might even try to drop it 'dead weight' into the centre pocket.

But, he went for the very thin cut-back and looked to have missed it....but, the black somehow wriggled in!
Judd looked relieved. <laugh>

Postby Morinas77

Three good looking matches (on the sb) from Maguire. Don't expect him to win here, but I'm getting my hopes up that he gets the three wins in Sheffield. Even if jetlagged, there are several easy first round draws possible and the second match will only be on 9th/10th April.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

As bad as Hendry's final black in the 147 at the 2009 Worlds. pmsl