Post a reply

Bank of Beijing China Open Last 16 !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 27th of March ~ Sunday 2nd of April at Students Gymnasium, Beijing, China

Last 16 stage, and the biggest suprise of the previous round has to go to Mark Joyce knocking out 5 time World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan in a decider, to set a meeting with home favourite Ding Junhui who looks to be in impressive form.

So does Judd Trump, who's only lost 1 frame so far, and Mark Selby as well.

John Higgins finally overcame nemesis Mark Davis, and now earns a meeting with long time rival Mark Williams.

Who shall win their respective matches and move into the Quarter-Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

Judd Trump v Tian Pengfei Trump leads 2-1
Rory McLeod v Hossein Vafeei Ayouri Never played before
Shaun Murphy v Michael White Murphy leads 4-1
Mark Williams v John Higgins Higgins leads 30-19
-----------------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Kyren Wilson Wilson leads 3-0
Mark Joyce v Ding Junhui Ding leads 2-0
Daniel Wells v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 3-0
Andrew Higginson v Mark Selby Selby leads 5-4

ORDER OF PLAY

Last edited by Andre147 on 29 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Last 16 !!!!

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Andre Higginson v Mark Selby

Can Mags go all the way?

rofl Maybe this was me thinking I'd be playing Selby.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Another early exit from Ronnie.

It's all about the Crucible now, maybe he can get something going there. There's always hope.

Not looking great, but history has proved players can go on a bad run of form leading to the Crucible, and then have a great run there, maybe win it.

Obviously it's better to go there with some form, but like I said its a unique tournament to the rest of them.

Postby Wildey

It's all about the Crucible now, maybe he can get something going there. There's always hope.

this is the first time since about 1995 i dont make Ronnie a genuine contender for the WC even in 2013 when he won having not played a season he was going there having no battle scars because he did not play but this season he has so many battle scars.

Should he win there and funnier things have happened it would be right up there with Hendry's win in 1999 having had really poor results during the season.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Ronnie seems to be going backwards after a strong first half of the season. Hendry's form had turned a bit in the other direction the later part of 98-99 season though, winning the Scottish Open and I remember watching his big comeback to beat Stephen Lee in the Irish Masters final. Although looking at Cue Tracker he seemed to have a Holt esq problem with Tony Drago that season.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

this is the first time since about 1995 i dont make Ronnie a genuine contender for the WC even in 2013 when he won having not played a season he was going there having no battle scars because he did not play but this season he has so many battle scars.

Should he win there and funnier things have happened it would be right up there with Hendry's win in 1999 having had really poor results during the season.

You didn't make him a genuine contender in 2013. You said it was so unlikely he'd win, you'd run up the high street with a daffodil in your bottom.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:You didn't make him a genuine contender in 2013. You said it was so unlikely he'd win, you'd run up the high street with a daffodil in your bottom.

Are dafodils even in season in April?

Technically, he didn't win it until May.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:Judd Trump makes a 147 maximum!

Really? Good man. :hatoff:

Remind me. Has Judd made one before?

This is his 3rd in his career - but his first televised maximum.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:You didn't make him a genuine contender in 2013. You said it was so unlikely he'd win, you'd run up the high street with a daffodil in your bottom.

Are dafodils even in season in April?

Not afterwards.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

You didn't make him a genuine contender in 2013. You said it was so unlikely he'd win, you'd run up the high street with a daffodil in your bottom.

that was long time ago lol far before 2013

Postby Wildey

unbelievable John Higgins has lost 2 matches this season from well in front Great win for Williams 5-4 from 4-1 down

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:

Not looking great, but history has proved players can go on a bad run of form leading to the Crucible, and then have a great run there, maybe win it.

Obviously it's better to go there with some form, but like I said its a unique tournament to the rest of them.

This is the first year where I actually have no expectations from Ronnie, I'm actually less excited about the WC because of that, but live in hope that maybe Trump can claim it finally, he's good enough.

Saying that, I will still never count Ronnie out until he's beaten, he still has the ability to turn it on without warning or hesitation, so who knows! Jeez it's like being a Ronnie-fan in the noughties again lol

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

This is the first year where I actually have no expectations from Ronnie, I'm actually less excited about the WC because of that, but live in hope that maybe Trump can claim it finally, he's good enough.

Saying that, I will still never count Ronnie out until he's beaten, he still has the ability to turn it on without warning or hesitation, so who knows! Jeez it's like being a Ronnie-fan in the noughties again lol

i think it makes the championship more exiting.

Ronnie has been such a formidable opponent for the last 5 years its been a 3 horse race prior to sheffield

Ronnie, Selby and Robertson ok Bingham won it but nobody saw that coming.

this year its the most wide open tournament ever because of the way Ronnie is playing