Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Last 32 !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I would actually fancy Ding to beat Ronnie here, he seems very relaxed nowdays in China...

But Ronnie may not even reach that far if he loses this decider.

I think Ronnie might be the last mental block Ding has.

He used to never be able to play in China. That's nothing like the case now.

Though, he's not won The Crucible, he did get to the final last year. So, I'm hoping that mental block has gone now too.

But even now, more than 10 years after that Masters final, I still feel he wouldn't look comfortable against Ronnie. Remember that Welsh Open final the year he had won 5 rankers in a season? He didn't look up for it.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Congratz joyce. better player won.

True, but just confirms even more what LC said: he can lose to any journeyman out there.

And not just because this is China, it's happened quite a few times now this season.

Hope he gets his game together for the biggest test of the Crucible slog.

Postby LC

Un believable from Ronnie, he had chances but never for one moment did I think he would win that decider, he must now have some doubts in his mind that he's done at the very top

Postby SnookerFan

Fine lines, really.

Ronnie lost three finals this season. Mostly by close scores. If he'd have won them all, and The Masters he did win, we'd be saying he'd had a good season.

He lost by a decider here too.

Harsh sometimes, but that's snooker.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Congratz joyce. better player won.

True, but just confirms even more what LC said: he can lose to any journeyman out there.

And not just because this is China, it's happened quite a few times now this season.

Hope he gets his game together for the biggest test of the Crucible slog.

Hope is all you can do, Ronnie must be shot after some of the performances, he still has a positive attitude but I can't see him being a contender at the worlds, it's not like in 2 weeks he's suddenly going to become a new player.

Postby Cloud Strife

LC wrote:Holt, king, that bloke in the English open, Davis, Joyce, solid players but come on

He's getting bashed up by muppets. It would be somewhat acceptable if he was losing to top players, but he's not even getting to the stage of tournaments when he can play the top guys. He's always losing early it seems.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie seems happy with life and that counts.

atm federer keeps me smiling and happy with his performances so no hard feelings towards ronnie. just happens and had to happen eventually.

What happened to you, man? You used to guarantee Ronnie would never win a match again, every time he lost a coin toss. rofl

Postby Andre147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:At least he didn't lose from three up with four to play this time.

He lost yet another decider though, and this season his decider performances have been just ridiculous and laughlable to say the least.

He used to be so cool under immense pressure but not anymore it seems.

Postby eraserhead

Ding seems to be breezing trough this.

Disappointing form Ronnie but not really a shock after this season. :sad:

Hopefully he can go into the worlds fully prepared.

Postby Dan-cat

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Tournament finished. Time to look ahead to the Crucible.

Turn off the lights, fold up the table, take down the walls an put away the signs.

That's worthy of W H Auden KrayzeeEyes :)

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie is a shadow of his former self but it's got to be said that even in his prime he kept playing rubbish in China. But his general form this season obviously still puts everything into a different perspective.

Postby hendry_fan

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!.

Ronnie loses to Mark Joyce!. :dizzy:

I wonder what Mark Allen will think bout that. :chin: :-D