Post a reply

Bank of Beijing China Open Last 32 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 27th of March ~ Sunday 2nd of April at Students Gymnasium, Beijing, China

Last 34 and so many of the Main contenders in Form Judd Trump with 5 centuries, Mark Selby with 4 and Shaun Murphy with 3.

Also in the draw is Eden Sharav in the last 32 of a ranking event for the first time a long way from playing Snooker Island's Roland Cox in the Pink Ribbon a few years ago.

As well as Sharav also there is Hossein Vafaei, Sanderson Lam and Martin O'Donnell.

But also 3 snooker legends Mark Williams, John Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan hoping to go to the Crucible with a Win

Who will progress in to the last 16?

DRAW

Last 32

Judd Trump v Eden Sharav Trump leads 1-0
Tian Pengfei v Martin Gould Pengfei leads 3-1
Mike Dunn v Rory McLeod Tied at 3-3
Ben Woollaston v Hossein Vafaei Never played before
Shaun Murphy v Gary Wilson Murphy leads 2-0
Allister Carter v Michael White Carter leads 2-1
Michael Holt v Mark Williams Williams leads 9-4
Mark Davis v John Higgins Davis leads 8-4
-----------------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Noppon Saengkham Tied at 1-1
Kyren Wilson v Sanderson Lam Never played before
Mark Joyce v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 1-0
Zhou Yuelong v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 1-0
Daniel Wells v Matthew Stevens Stevens leads 1-0
Li Hang v Stephen Maguire Never played before
Andrew Higginson v Ricky Walden Walden leads 4-1
Martin O'Donnell v Mark Selby Selby leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Last 32 !!!!

Postby Andre147

3 years because he won in 2015 and didn't take part last year...

I see Higgins faces nemesis Mavis.. Higgins in fact hasn't beaten him since 2012, and they have had some high profile matches since then, namely the UK and Worlds meetings.

I hope Ronnie and Ding win their respective matches, no reason why they shouldn't, unless one r both are really bad... a Last 16 meeting between the two would be wonderful, especailly this being China and they only played once there.

Postby Andre147

Also regarding Ronnie and Ding, World Snooker today released the following statement:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/statement-w ... ker-wpbsa/

Ding cant argue with the fact he got docked a frame, those are the rules, he has to follow like the rest of them. Ronnie... not quite sure why he felt the need to comment on this issue, maybe the press asked him...

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Also regarding Ronnie and Ding, World Snooker today released the following statement:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/statement-w ... ker-wpbsa/

Ding cant argue with the fact he got docked a frame, those are the rules, he has to follow like the rest of them. Ronnie... not quite sure why he felt the need to comment on this issue, maybe the press asked him...

Was he arguing about being docked a frame? Or was it because of the sponsorship logo incident?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

"I see Higgins faces nemesis Mavis.. Higgins in fact hasn't beaten him since 2012, and they have had some high profile matches since then, namely the UK and Worlds meetings."

If Mark Davis can overcome Higgins, I fancy him to progress far in this tournament

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd Trump 5 - 0 Eden Sharav

Did anybody ask what Judd's opinion was on Ding being docked a frame? rofl

You know Murphy is going to weigh in at some point. <ok>

Postby Cheshire Cat

I'm like 3 months late in noticing the Champion of Champion's group format for this year.

Not sure how I feel about having the defending CoC champion, World Champion, UK Champion and Masters Champion all in the same opening group. I guess it's a chance to send the 'usual' winners home early in best of 7s. At the moment that opening group is Higgins, Selby, O'Sullivan + whoever wins the Worlds.

Trying to follow this China Open, but uni is keeping me busy. :zzz:

Postby eraserhead

Not been a great season for Woolaston or Selt, can't remember either of them having a great run in any comp this season.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Not been a great season for Woolaston or Selt, can't remember either of them having a great run in any comp this season.

When was Selt's last good run in any tournament?

Postby LC

Ronnie going out again to another journeyman, his aura has been squashed this last year, that extra edge he had which made people choke, combined with his clinical play of course, has gone and most players you can tell fancy there chances now

Postby masterdoctorgenius

LC wrote:Ronnie going out again to another journeyman, his aura has been squashed this last year, that extra edge he had which made people choke, combined with his clinical play of course, has gone and most players you can tell fancy there chances now

didnt wenbo choke at the masters cause of ronnies aura?!?!

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
LC wrote:Ronnie going out again to another journeyman, his aura has been squashed this last year, that extra edge he had which made people choke, combined with his clinical play of course, has gone and most players you can tell fancy there chances now

If you can call missing one ball a choke.

Postby Andre147

I often don't agree with you because you're too quick to say he's in decline, but what you wrote is true, especially this season.

But he's still good enough to win titles, problem is it only will get harder and harder.

Postby SnookerFan

Is Ronnie playing at the moment?

Postby masterdoctorgenius

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:

If you can call missing one ball a choke.

more the way he missed it and what a meaning the ball had

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

I often don't agree with you because you're too quick to say he's in decline, but what you wrote is true, especially this season.

But he's still good enough to win titles, problem is it only will get harder and harder.

DECLINE!

Postby Andre147

I would actually fancy Ding to beat Ronnie here, he seems very relaxed nowdays in China...

But Ronnie may not even reach that far if he loses this decider.