Post a reply

Screaming spectator

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I am sure I have not imagined this but does anybody recall a spectator at a televised match which was fairly dull screaming with boredom and then running out of the arena. I think Steve Davis was one of the players - late nineties/early 2000s.

Re: Screaming spectator

Postby TheSaviour

Don´t recall it. But in a way that spectator was right; the joy to play (or to follow it) is the most important thing.

And it is not that much straightforward of to gain it. Even if having all the ability in the world. As people seems to think it would be so straightforward. It is an extremely difficult, to be perfectly honest.

No-one can always success. We can count yes, everything required where there, but. But but. No result still, really. Result ain´t 147. But something else close to it. Ang and Jimbo. Angelique Kerber and Jimmy White. Or JOHN Higgins. How good for example are they? A: an extremely good and difficult trademarks to stop. I mean Ang and Jimbo. I still slightly fancy John Higgins ahead of Jimmy White. Watching John´s snooker can be such an experience. The way the sheer physics of the game seems so difficult. Which it also is.

Spectators should just succumb into what they always has been. That´s the only way to really appreciate the sport. To succumb what they have always been. Things used to be so in the 90s. 80s were rough times with some really rough people running the riots. 90s were good. Lot´s of erratic and strange characters started to make their breakthroughs. And if 15 years ago someone would had said that in a year 2015 all the kids and grannies would be using the facebook he or she would had been labelled as insane.

So (still) a lots of things which might cause those things.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 28 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby davisfan

Sure you're not thinking of the famous streaker, 1997 Masters final?

Postby SnookerFan

I felt like doing that at Davis vs Bingham at The Masters in 2006. The first tournament match I ever watched live, and to this date still one of the most boring.

Postby SnookerEd25

TheSaviour wrote:
No-one can always success. We can count yes, everything required where there, but. But but. No result still, really. Result ain´t 147. But something else close it.

Wise words; and ones we should all take heed of throughout our daily lives. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Alex0paul

sas6789 wrote:I remember that, the match the OP was talking about was Steve Davis vs Alan McManus, LG cup semi-final 2003.

2002 and yes I remember it too

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Found this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 323675.stm

includes the following:

"The contest lasted almost five hours and included a frame that had to be restarted twice because it became so bogged down by tactical play.

At one point, a spectator had to be ejected from the Preston Guild Hall because his snoring was clearly audible in the arena" :zzz:

Hopefully video to follow