Post a reply

Re: Least successful snooker player

Postby SnookerEd25

Bernard Bennett?

http://cuetracker.net/players/bernard-b ... statistics

Had a pretty poor record during his long career (1968-1995), but by all accounts was a lovely bloke, and did a lot for Snooker in the Southampton area.

Clive Everton was no great shakes either...thankfully he made up for it in the commentary box.

Postby SnookerEd25

PoolBoy wrote:Also using Cuetracker's filters, there's a player called Rogelio Esteiro who has lost all 44 of his matches.
http://cuetracker.net/players/rogelio-e ... statistics

In terms of never winning a single FRAME, there's a player called Peter Williams, who has lost all 99 frames he's played!!

Did he at least get to a re-spotted black? :clap:

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:Also using Cuetracker's filters, there's a player called Rogelio Esteiro who has lost all 44 of his matches.
http://cuetracker.net/players/rogelio-e ... statistics

In terms of never winning a single FRAME, there's a player called Peter Williams, who has lost all 99 frames he's played!!

Maybe if he had played the 100th he would win it lol...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Thanks for the replies. Cuetracker is an amazing resource and could easily eat up an hour or two.

Talking of which, I came across a guy called Anthony Bridge who was a pro from 1992-98 who I have to admire for his tenacity. According to cuetracker, he endured a bruising career that would have broken lesser mortals. Some stats:

Matches played: 53
Matches won: 1(1994 InternationalOpen, opponent unknown)
Career prize money: £0
Career centuries made: 0
Career half-centuries made: 0
Number of whitewashes (losses): 38

Brutal, but to my mind something of a hero. A winner for not giving up (at least until 1998) and despite these stats a far far better player than I could ever be.

Bravo Anthony!

Postby SnookerEd25

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Thanks for the replies. Cuetracker is an amazing resource and could easily eat up an hour or two.

Talking of which, I came across a guy called Anthony Bridge who was a pro from 1992-98 who I have to admire for his tenacity. According to cuetracker, he endured a bruising career that would have broken lesser mortals. Some stats:

Brutal, but to my mind something of a hero. A winner for not giving up (at least until 1998) and despite these stats a far far better player than I could ever be.

Bravo Anthony!

Interesting, though if you actually delve deeper into individual seasons for Anthony Bridge, it lists his 1 career victory as being against the aforementioned Rogelio Esteiro 5-2 in 1998 World Championship Qualifying, not in the 1994 International Open :

http://cuetracker.net/players/anthony-b ... /1997-1998
Last edited by SnookerEd25 on 23 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Thanks for the replies. Cuetracker is an amazing resource and could easily eat up an hour or two.

Bravo Anthony!

+1

This is brilliant story!! Where is he now? A Snookerisland investigation!

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

The player mentioned in the first comment on this.

http://snookerscene.blogspot.ie/2011/01 ... kpool.html

I seem to recall one player had overslept and was due to play at 10am.
He was in a panic as his guest house was a 15 minute walk away and it was 9.40am and lashing down with rain.
The guest house owner didn't have a car available so he got a lift (and some shelter) in a steamroller which was in operation along the promenade.
The player was asked to wear a high visibility jacket over his dress suit in case the foreman was watching.
He arrived safely at The Norbreck Castle at 9.57am and was then promptly "steamrollered" 5-0 by Ronnie O'Sullivan in under an hour and was back in bed by midday to sleep off the Mariners related hangover from the night before.

Postby SnookerEd25

From the same blog :

'One player won a match, went to their room because they were feeling ill and passed away.'

At least he went out on a win!

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:From the same blog :

'One player won a match, went to their room because they were feeling ill and passed away.'

How crap must his opponent have been, if he couldn't win a match against a guy on his death bed?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:

How crap must his opponent have been, if he couldn't win a match against a guy on his death bed?

Not necessarly true.

He could have had a sudden heart attack and died right there. He could have felt a bit unwell during the match, but nothing serious, then went to his room and died.

Heart attacks are usually just like that, you can be 100%, and suddenly 0%.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Not necessarly true.

He could have had a sudden heart attack and died right there. He could have felt a bit unwell during the match, but nothing serious, then went to his room and died.

AHA, suck on that, SnookerFan!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Not necessarly true.

AHA, suck on that, SnookerFan!

viz:
http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/new ... -1-1412593