Topic locked

Pre World Open Discusion Topic

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:the only other thing id like is the tariff of the other ranking tournaments to reflect whats on offer so id go

Shanghai 7,000
World Open 4,000
UK Championship 8,000
German Masters 6,000
Welsh Open 6,000
China Open 7,000
World Championship 10,000

shanghai and China has best of 19 finals

Why the extra 1000 points for china? Because in the final you have to get to 10 rather than 8?

No I think 6 thousand for all ranking events bar UK and World.

Re: Pre World Open discussion topic

Postby Wildey

ok thats fair enough but over my dead body for the WORLD Open that my friend will be farcical.

Postby Casey

I will reserve judgment on the World open until I see how it pans out.

If you take darts as an example, many of their events have short formats yet the best players always manage to come through. Will the same happen in snooker?

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:I will reserve judgment on the World open until I see how it pans out.

If you take darts as an example, many of their events have short formats yet the best players always manage to come through. Will the same happen in snooker?

point is its best of 5s and a best of 9 final thats the point i like the tournament and it will be interesting come on we cant have that on a par with china.

there will be major shocks for example Mark Selby is a slow starter in matches often goes 3-1 down then you got players like mathew selt who is extremely fast out of the gates more often than not.

and Stuart Bingham is well used to best of 5s the amount of pro ams he plays.

im against best of 5s in professional matches least alone ranking tournaments but i understand the need for the World Open on the BBC But you got to give less points for this surely.

Postby Roland

case_master wrote:I will reserve judgment on the World open until I see how it pans out.

yes

Postby Casey

I meant reserve judgment on the allocation of the ranking points not the event.

Was it the GP last year that had all the QF's on one day one table? i thought that was brilliant, what the world open will do is let us see 11/16 first round matches and all the matches from there on.

Quick fire stuff, the audience will be exposed to a variety of different players, excellent.

Big Prize money, big event. I will take a bet with anybody and lay you 2/1 that it will be two top 16 players in the final regardless of the short format.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:I meant reserve judgment on the allocation of the ranking points not the event.

Was it the GP last year that had all the QF's on one day one table? i thought that was brilliant, what the world open will do is let us see 11/16 first round matches and all the matches from there on.

Quick fire stuff, the audience will be exposed to a variety of different players, excellent.

Big Prize money, big event. I will take a bet with anybody and lay you 2/1 that it will be two top 16 players in the final regardless of the short format.

ill make a bet that atleast 2 semi finalist will be players outside the top 16 possibly outside the top 32.

these players play a lot of pro ams they are used to short matches like these best of 5s there will be a lot of shocks not to mention the draw element where a last 64 of John Higgins (if playing) v Ronnie O'Sullivan.

all in all it equals up to a lot of surprises.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:The top 16 don't come in until the last 32 I thought?

i think you are mistaken there the top 32 comes in to it at the last 64 stage.

although im not sure lol

yes im right top 32 enter in the last 64 rounds with 11 of the last 64 matches carried forward to the venue.
http://www.ticketsoup.com/tsEvent.aspx? ... %20Snooker
Last edited by Wildey on 10 Jun 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Casey

:?

I have to say I would be surprised at that, Barry is taking a risk of losing several top players before the TV stages.

Re: Pre World Open Discusion Topic

Postby Roland

Now you're going to have to edit each post and change the topic title casey :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Now you're going to have to edit each post and change the topic title casey :redneck:

i moved them lol

and yes i will.

lol case done it <laugh> <ok>

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote::ahh:

Is there a limit for the number of amatures that are allowed to enter this?

god there will be players all over the shop wanting to enter it just take a look how many players on the pios alone last season 124 http://www.global-snooker.com/PIOS-Rank ... -to-10.asp with only 8 making it on tour my guess most of them would want to give it a go.

Postby SnookerFan

I prefer the second one, though you're right Hendry looks like something rather interesting has happened to his big gun....

The first one is a bit naff; "Fast and Furious Snooker, grrrrrrrr", makes it look like they are trying too hard.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:in the first one Ronnie looks like a tea pot lol

Or something from a Carry On Film. "Oooh sailor, this snooker is fast and furious. Matron." <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Cheesyman99 wrote:What!?!? I've just seen you have to be 16 or over! I thought it was meant to be open for everyone :(

I won't be playing then...

Neither will Brecel

try the PTC <ok>

Postby Cheesyman99

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Cheesyman99 wrote:What!?!? I've just seen you have to be 16 or over! I thought it was meant to be open for everyone :(

I won't be playing then...

Neither will Brecel

try the PTC <ok>

£100 to get my ass kicked in? No thanks.

Postby Monique

tweets by Dave Hendon

Belgian boy wonder Luca Brecel has been invited to compete in the World Open
As has Joel Walker, the lad Ronnie is 'mentoring'

Postby Rocket_ron

Monique wrote:tweets by Dave Hendon

Belgian boy wonder Luca Brecel has been invited to compete in the World Open
As has Joel Walker, the lad Ronnie is 'mentoring'

thanks mon for that info, sounds like a good oppertunity for the young boys