Post a reply

Ladbrokes Players Championship Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 6th of March ~ Sunday 12th at Venue Cymru, Llandudno, North Wales

Quarter-Finals time, and story of the round previous has to be Ding Junhui overturning a 0-4 deficit v John Higgins, to win the match in the decider, he will face recent crowned German Masters Champion Anthony Hamilton next round.

We also have a rematch of the European Masters Final this season between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump, Judd got the better of Ronnie there 9-8, but can Ronnie take revenge this time?

Then we have a rematch of the World Champs semi, World Champion and WN1 Mark Selby v Scottish Open champion Marco Fu, and also Neil Robertson v Ali Carter.

Who shall win their respective matches and be 2 matches away from the title and a big prize money?

DRAW

Quarter-Finals

Mark Selby v Marco Fu Selby leads 12-4
Ding Junhui v Anthony HamiltonDing Junhui leads 5-1
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Allister Carter Robertson leads 16-7
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump Tied at 9-9

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

two similar stories this season:

Both on 4 Finals, won just 1. Judd 1 ranker, another 3 ranker losses. Ronnie 2 rankers, both lost, 2 non.rankers, won Masters.

Postby Andre147

I guess it's something I'm not used to Ronnie doing so often nowdays... but age catches up even with the very best there's been, so yeah it's something I need to get used to because it will happen more and more frequently.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:I guess it's something I'm not used to Ronnie doing so often nowdays... but age catches up even with the very best there's been, so yeah it's something I need to get used to because it will happen more and more frequently.

Definitely a feeling of end of an era

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:I guess it's something I'm not used to Ronnie doing so often nowdays... but age catches up even with the very best there's been, so yeah it's something I need to get used to because it will happen more and more frequently.

It's why i said Judd is the fave for this match. Ronnie makes too many unforced errors now and good players punish you for that.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Maybe, but Ronnie's still good enough to win more titles, like he's shown already this season. Plusreaching another 3 Finals is no gimmie.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:No posts here since I started this thread rofl

Is this Forum really dying?

We need someone like Hearn to bring it back from the dead.

He'd get rid of all the knowledgeable posters, leaving me and JOOL to take the snake hiss out of players. It's what the young peeps would want to read.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Maybe, but Ronnie's still good enough to win more titles, like he's shown already this season. Plusreaching another 3 Finals is no gimmie.

Agreed

Postby gallantrabbit

Would really like to see Judd win the Worlds this year. Snooker needs it I think, and I say that despite being a fan of Selby. Wouldn't write off Ronnie, here or at Sheffield, because most are still scared of him and give away 25% of frames because of that, (not on purpose obviously)

Postby Pink Ball

Excellent Pink Ball point: "Through his bizarre interviews, Sullivan is causing more trouble for genuine people like Neal Foulds and Jill Douglas than he is for the people he's trying to protest against. In fact, he's probably helping the like of Hurn, who loves any kind of publicity, be it good or bad."

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Pink Ball :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: