Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship last 16!!!

Postby Iranu

Ding was on for a maxi there, right? Anyway, either he didn't know or he didn't care. Focusing on winning the frame (which is the right attitude of course.)

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I do worry that one day I'll type in snookerisland.com and it won't be there, Roland will have just turned it off. Which would be a shame, there's a great archive of info available and a solid user base, even if there aren't a lot of regular posters, it's like a lovely group of friends on here each with distinct personalities.

We need a back up plan in case his happens

The day I signed up was the final nail in the coffin.

I know you're joking, but in all seriousness you signing up was like a breath of fresh air.

Fresh air? You bucking serious? You sure you don't mean carbon monoxide?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Was there a Ding foul controversy?

There was a query about whether his waistcoat touched the green when he was leaning over the table. Camera angle made it look very close, but it was inconclusive.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Was there a Ding foul controversy?

There was a query about whether his waistcoat touched the green when he was leaning over the table. Camera angle made it look very close, but it was inconclusive.

Thanks, man. :hatoff:

Postby eraserhead

Ding! the opening red to get in was superb and then the plant to carry on the break. Shame he couldn't do it in one visit, but there was no Higgins clearance this time! :happy:

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Ding! the opening red to get in was superb and then the plant to carry on the break. Shame he couldn't do it in one visit, but there was no Higgins clearance this time! :happy:

Yeah great comeback :D :D :D :D

DING!!! :happy:

Postby Iranu

Only saw the last few frames but really happy for Ding with that performance. And although Higgins made one or two mistakes, Ding played himself to victory with heavy scoring and great pots. It's good to see him playing well again, let's hope he can sustain it.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:I bucking loved that comeback. Ding's been showing glimmers of form lately but hasn't had the luck. That changed today!

And not the usual Higgins clearance this time around <cool>

Also so happy for Ding, truly deserves everything good he gets after what's happened in his life. Bar Ronnie, him winning this one would be the best outcome for me.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I do worry that one day I'll type in snookerisland.com and it won't be there, Roland will have just turned it off. Which would be a shame, there's a great archive of info available and a solid user base, even if there aren't a lot of regular posters, it's like a lovely group of friends on here each with distinct personalities.

We need a back up plan in case his happens

The day I signed up was the final nail in the coffin.

I know you're joking, but in all seriousness you signing up was like a breath of fresh air.

Fresh air? You bucking serious? You sure you don't mean carbon monoxide?

To be fair, my idea of fresh air is someone farting in a crowded lift.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:TR, ding should have won their CoC encounter also.

So after ronnie choked a 3-0 lead vs mavis and 4-1 vs king it is higgins time to choke a 4-0 lead.

Still, it makes Ronnie's chocke worst given it came against Mavis and King pmsl

Ding is Higgins' bunny and although this was a great comeback, it shouldn't be seen as surprising as those 2 losses from Ronnie were.