Topic locked

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Casey

I guess thins means John Higgins won't be included in the first event...meaning if he is back for event 2 he will be ranked way down.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:I guess thins means John Higgins won't be included in the first event...meaning if he is back for event 2 he will be ranked way down.

Event 2 closing date by my reconing is monday 28th of june a week before the draw is made on 5th of july.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Anyone any ideas of what the closing date for the comp taking place in Ireland is? It all seems a bit rushed to me.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Wildey

a poster said on TSF
"I heard form a player "in the know" last week that there are more amateurs registered for PTC1 than pro's as of Friday... "

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:a poster said on TSF
"I heard form a player "in the know" last week that there are more amateurs registered for PTC1 than pro's as of Friday... "

Hopefully World Snooker will publish the entry list tomorrow

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Wildey

PTC1 might be sparce in terms of professionals because some had plans Ken Doherty for 1 will not be there i expect Hendry and Ronnie to be missing June/July not their time of year for Snooker and Obviously John Higgins will be missing.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Roland

It's not like you to wildly speculate.... Ronnie and Hendry expected not to turn up? Evidence?

If there are more amateurs then either there are over 100 of them, or some of the professionals don't realise how important these events are yet or are waiting till later in the season. It's obvious that if you're a top player and other top players aren't involved then this is your chance to cash in. And if there is a poor turnout from the professionals on the whole, then we will have a new breed of professionals to take the game over, those that actually want to play. It's win win.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:PTC1 might be sparce in terms of professionals because some had plans Ken Doherty for 1 will not be there i expect Hendry and Ronnie to be missing June/July not their time of year for Snooker and Obviously John Higgins will be missing.

Unless they have a good excuse for not playing, then id hope they simply dont decide ITS NOT THEIR TIME OF THE YEAR FOR PLAYING. Under Hearn theres not going to be vast gaps in the calendar so the players all better get used to playing more often and having less spare time.

Of course playing in the PTC is not compulsary and in an ideal world snooker will have that many events that players will be able to pick and chose what they compete in. But with this being the first season of the new era, id hope most players show total dedication to the efforts Hearn has put in to revamp the game.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Wildey

no evidence lol just my observation although Hendry would be very foolish to not make the effort if he could make it holiday aside obviously.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Casey

I think most top pros will enter all the UK PTC events. They will be desperate to get enough points from them so they might not have to attend all of the PTC events abroad <ok>

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:I think most top pros will enter all the UK PTC events. They will be desperate to get enough points from them so they might not have to attend all of the PTC events abroad <ok>

personally i hope they enter all of them and im sure they will why complain theres no tournaments then not enter <doh>

but the first 1 in june is at a time players had booked holidays maybe ? but i still expect 90%+ of the main tour has entered.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Roland

They will all have to enter at least 3 abroad if they want to get to the finals.

Also they would all be stupid to pass up the opportunity to gain more ranking points for the next rolling cut off. Barry wants them to work and those who don't work will be found out and they will plummet down the rankings.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:They will all have to enter at least 3 abroad if they want to get to the finals.

Also they would all be stupid to pass up the opportunity to gain more ranking points for the next rolling cut off. Barry wants them to work and those who don't work will be found out and they will plummet down the rankings.

<ok>

thats why i love what hes done with the Ranking Structure that includes the PTC. in other sports there are smaller tournaments that carry ranking points and players know the score. for years in Darts Phil Taylor was not the WN1 Because he did not enter them all but he was so good and head and shoulders ahead of the rest he could afford to do it and maintain a high enough ranking i dont think no player in snooker is that far ahead of anyone and Even Ronnie could struggle long term without respecting the PTC.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:They will all have to enter at least 3 abroad if they want to get to the finals.

<ok>

thats why i love what hes done with the Ranking Structure that includes the PTC. in other sports there are smaller tournaments that carry ranking points and players know the score. for years in Darts Phil Taylor was not the WN1 Because he did not enter them all but he was so good and head and shoulders ahead of the rest he could afford to do it and maintain a high enough ranking i dont think no player in snooker is that far ahead of anyone and Even Ronnie could struggle long term without respecting the PTC.

yep thats exactly why last seasons pro tour challenge was a total waste of time with no incentive for the top pros to enter it, no wonder it was cancelled early.

Re: PTC1...Closing Date On Monday!

Postby Wildey

Theres only 360 points for a last 64 however if you manage to reach every last 64 you would get 4,320 and dont forget players that dont enter the first PTC could well have to pre qualify for the next because after the first one it is then done on PTC Rankings and not on World Rankings.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Theres only 360 points for a last 64 however if you manage to reach every last 64 you would get 4,320 and dont forget players that dont enter the first PTC could well have to pre qualify for the next because after the first one it is then done on PTC Rankings and not on World Rankings.

are you sure Wild?

I was on the understanding that the 96 main tour players (if they entered) were automatically part of the 128 total players with the pre-qualification being for the amateurs.

Re: PTC1...Closing Date On Monday!

Postby Wildey

ive read up the rules and this is how it is i was WRONG lol

Round Structure/Seeding: Each event will consist of 128 players; up to 96 Main Tour players topped
up by the best amateurs from the PTC Order of Merit. If the number of amateur entries exceeds the
number of places available, then an amateur pre-qualifier will be played at the Academy prior to the
main PTC event (full details available after the respective closing date).
Seedings (64 seeds only per event):
Event 1 Main Tour players in order of Official World Ranking/One Year
Ranking/PIOS with remaining players at random
Event 2 onwards Up to 64 from PTC Order of Merit after Event 1 who enter then remaining
players at random
NB: For seeding purposes, in the event of more than one player being on equal positions the
required number of seeds will be selected at random.
In the event that 128 entries are not received, players will receive a bye into the next round.

but dont forget a player that does not enter the first one will be low down the rankings so in event 2 you could get a last 128 Ronnie v Selby etc.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Wildey

depending on formats and if i can get it up on time i might run a PTC Prediction contests.

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:depending on formats and if i can get it up on time i might run a PTC Prediction contests.

that would be good

PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Alex0paul

No excuse for players being on holidays as this calendar has been around for a few months now. However the first few events will probably attract fewer top 16 players than the later ones because it is very early in the season. You can guarantee Murphy will be entering all of them though.

Re: PTC1 Qualifying!

Postby Wildey

ive updated this thread as a Qualifying thread

BTW

Greg Davis v David Gray

Steve might be missing but it looks like his 19 year old son Greg playing.

Postby Roland

Yes that's his son isn't it?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yes that's his son isn't it?

got to be it will be interesting to see if he will beat David Gray lol

Postby Wildey

Revised Draw for the Qualifying is now up