Post a reply

Re: Selbo - a pictorial tribute

Postby Coland

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Sorry for tainting the thread with someone other than Selbo.

You ought to be sorry. Selbo is the complete snooker player.

Postby Cloud Strife

Coland wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Sorry for tainting the thread with someone other than Selbo.

You seem like a big fan.

Postby TheSaviour

Cloud Strife wrote:
Coland wrote:

You seem like a big fan.

Well he will keep on winning the Crucible title IF other top-players keeps on splitting the reds to him. Now, see, how well Jimmy White played during that shoot-out; he just played the loose reds and never open up anything to his opponents. Well eventually he got beat by Ross Muir but it happens. But realistically that´s the only way to beat Selby in Sheffield.

I don´t know if Steve Davis was that much good with the straight lines and rock solid 90 clearences. He could had been as good as Mark these days is. Mark has certainly played it perfectly. There´s a huge fear-factor playing against Mark these days. And I mean these days. So certainly he truly deserves a pictorial tribute like this. Even he gets beat every now and then or even more often, but his game now is tailor-made to play in Sheffield. He can only get beat if his top-notch and form opponents leaves the pack while it is and only splits it when it really have to. And even then there is a huge maybe and if. Having an attention span of a jellyfish won´t much help if playing against him in Sheffield. They should make every frame to really count and not the split the reds to him, that´s the only way we could even possibly have a contest.

Selby is a Snookerfan of snooker. Always leaving everything to you to figure and to make decision. That´s freedom. That´s how well Snookerfan has runned things on here. Even when being critised every now and then. But seems people have started to realise how good stuff that´s actually is. That´s kind of a minimum requirement to raise your level.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Selby is a Snookerfan of snooker. Always leaving everything to you to figure and to make decision. That´s freedom. That´s how well Snookerfan has runned things on here. Even when being critised every now and then. But seems people have started to realise how good stuff that´s actually is. That´s kind of a minimum requirement to raise your level.

Erm. Thanks, I think.

Postby TheSaviour

I reckon his chances are now evenly deteriorating. People like Shaun Murphy being outspoken of who we should instead take a watch now. Ronnie is always dangerous, but he is still not included. Not going to say anything more.

About that kiss. I can´t really understand why some people are speaking that much rubbish. It always is a long, long process to be a top player, no matter what sport it is. There´s absolutely no direct and fast way to help anyone to raise his or her game. What on earth are doing all those useless mentors there?? Just make the calculations correct. A wee of shrewdness never do any harm. Scores of those useless mentors should be already retired now.