Post a reply

Will Trump and Ding win the World Championship?

Both will win
24%
Only Trump
28%
Only Ding
12%
Neither will win
36%

Total votes : 25

Trump , Ding and the World Championship

Postby TheRocket

Many people expected them to be already World Champions by now. But it hasnt happened so far. And it might never happen

Look at Maguire. So what do you think?

Re: Trump , Ding and the World Championship

Postby Andre147

Voted Only Trump.

Ding... will go down as the best player in Snooker history never to win the Worlds. Yes, even above Jimmy.

Postby mick745

Voted neither.

China's first world champion won't be Ding.

I always think he's too passive, needs to take more matches by the scruff of the neck.

Trump's tactical ability needs to improve.

Postby sas6789

mick745 wrote:Voted neither.

I always think he's too passive, needs to take more matches by the scruff of the neck.

Judd's safety games really good, It's his shot-selection, positional play and killer instinct that needs working on IMO.

Postby Andre147

sas6789 wrote:

Judd's safety games really good, It's his shot-selection, positional play and killer instinct that needs working on IMO.

This is exactly what I said in the Welsh Final thread.

His safety is already good enough, the aspects you and I mentioned are the ones that need to be perfected in order for him to really win more big titles, and of course the biggest one.

Postby mick745

sas6789 wrote:

Tactical ability includes things like shot-selection and reading the game.

Anyway at least he has time on his side judging by all the +40yos winning tournaments at moment.

Postby TheSaviour

They both should be be just one of the lads. That´s just what Stuart Bingham, Barry Hawkins and probably a few others also have recently bring into the game. They are just one of the lads. And that´s great. That´s how low the sport might blummet. RICKY WALDEN is an an other one I would mention, besides Judd and Junhui. Regarding this thread.

Postby Andre147

TheSaviour wrote:They both should be be just one of the lads. That´s just what Stuart Bingham, Barry Hawkins and probably a few others also have recently bring into the game. They are just one of the lads. And that´s great. That´s how low the sport might blummet. RICKY WALDEN is an an other one I would mention, besides Judd and Junhui. Regarding this thread.

So Ding, Trump and Walden are "just one of the lads"?

:roll:

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

TheSaviour wrote:They both should be be just one of the lads. That´s just what Stuart Bingham, Barry Hawkins and probably a few others also have recently bring into the game. They are just one of the lads.

Right now I'm watching Oasis:Supersonic and the Gallagher brothers in the mid-90's are reminding a lot of Bingham and Hawkins.

Postby snooky147

What I take from recent interviews of Trump is that he is a little bit fragile mentally. He seems to be trying to decide on which way to play. Either the brand of snooker that got him to a world championship final or a slightly less attacking way of playing. Until he makes that decision and sticks to it he's always going to have that doubt.
I was watching as he was playing Graeme in the UK and after the first couple of frames he lost all focus and although much of that was due to how well Graeme played I think really he was half expecting it because in a couple of previous interviews before the match he expressed the view that he would have liked an easier match Than Graeme because when they played in China a few months back Trump said it was the best anyone had ever played against him.
So he might have had that in his head a little in the UK but these are the thing you have to eliminate from your mind in order to win World Chamionships. It's not easy but if he does that well yes he could very well win a couple.

As for Ding, I believe he is far too brittle to ever win a World Championship.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Disagree that he is too fragile to win it but agree that he seems too indecisive at the moment. Like Neil Robertson, he is capable of trouncing anybody when he commits to a natural, fluent game.

Probably need some some coaching to be able to box the demons away though. It is easier said than done.

Postby Ash147

I hope they both win it one day. They've each reached a final and lost to real tough match players. It would be a big shame if either of these players ended their careers without winning at least one WC.