Post a reply

Coral Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 13th of February ~ Sunday 19th of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

Scott Donaldson reaches a ranking semi final and broke in to the top 64 for the first time having come agonisingly close in 2014 can the fairytale continue against Judd Trump?

in the other semi final for the first time in the UK after 5 appearances in China, Australia and Eire and will take on the 2015 World Champion Stuart Bingham

DRAW

Semi Finals

Scott Donaldson v Judd Trump Never Played Before
----------------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Robert Milkins Bingham leads 6-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby TheRocket

I've seen a few Donaldson matches recently and not once I've got the feeling, the guy could be a big player.
Trump would have to play the worst match of his life to lose this. Expect Trump to destroy his opponent tomorrow.

The other match could be a lot more interesting. Bingham still not looking really convincing and Milkins has the ability to reel off frames in no time and make it tough for him.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:Bingham is still in it, and can still win it.

Chicken dinner vs The Milkman.

Postby sas6789

TheRocket wrote:I've seen a few Donaldson matches recently and not once I've got the feeling, the guy could be a big player.
Trump would have to play the worst match of his life to lose this. Expect Trump to destroy his opponent tomorrow.

The other match could be a lot more interesting. Bingham still not looking really convincing and Milkins has the ability to reel off frames in no time and make it tough for him.

Judd underestimates his opponents at times IMO and it could happen tomorrow.

Postby Lucky

SnookerFan wrote:How do they expect me to sleep with a nightclub next door?

Get round and dip your bread son <ok>

Postby TheRocket

sas6789 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I've seen a few Donaldson matches recently and not once I've got the feeling, the guy could be a big player.

Judd underestimates his opponents at times IMO and it could happen tomorrow.

to be honest. Donaldson is that bad, even if Judd underestimates him , its hard to see Trump losing this. This is not Bingham who was capable of punishing Trump when he was underestimated by him (World semi 2015).

Postby Wildey

I Disagree strongly you dont have to be flash to be a big player just look at Barry Hawkins at the age of 22 he was ranked 85 and on the road to be a journeyman really.

he did not become a big player until about 2013 when he reached the World Final.

Scott Donaldson has a fighting quality you dont see in young players these days yes he needs to work on his scoring power but that will come,

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:

I Disagree strongly you dont have to be flash to be a big player just look at Barry Hawkins at the age of 22 he was ranked 85 and on the road to be a journeyman really.

he did not become a big player until about 2013 when he reached the World Final.

Scott Donaldson has a fighting quality you dont see in young players these days yes he needs to work on his scoring power but that will come,

+1

Postby SnookerFan

Lucky wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How do they expect me to sleep with a nightclub next door?

Get round and dip your bread son <ok>

Do they serve bread in nightclubs?

Postby hendry_fan

Scotts done verrrry well in reachin the semis,but his good run is gonna be stopped by the Trumpster.

Even if Trump were to serve up his D game,it,ll still be enough to send the young Scot packin,Trump is toooooo BIG a catch for him i,m afraid.

There is no way that Trump will lose against Scott today,although,i would,nt bet my house on it,there has been many shocks before in snooker and they,re always will be,i stopped betting/gambling many years ago anyway. :-)

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:Scotts done verrrry well in reachin the semis,but his good run is gonna be stopped by the Trumpster.

Even if Trump were to serve up his D game,it,ll still be enough to send the young Scot packin,Trump is toooooo BIG a catch for him i,m afraid.

There is no way that Trump will lose against Scott today,although,i would,nt bet my house on it,there has been many shocks before in snooker and they,re always will be,i stopped betting/gambling many years ago anyway. :-)

yea its a bit like Brecel reaching the Welsh Open Semi in 2015 great performance but Higgins will be too strong however Donaldson has a better defensive game than Brecel and could easily frustrate Judd.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Milkins has a chance given Bingham's wobbles yesterday. Needs to be ruthless though...

Yes. I spent the last four frames thinking Bingham had fluffed it.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Milkins has a chance given Bingham's wobbles yesterday. Needs to be ruthless though...

Yes. I spent the last four frames thinking Bingham had fluffed it.

for me thats the beauty of a mid session interval Bingham spent 15 minute making plans for dinner thinking he will walk it while Carrington thought buck it cant play much worst than that after the interval.

Postby SnookerFan

Donaldson wasn't clinical enough potting yesterday.

However, his defencisive game was better.

Judd played badly for spells too.

Just based on yesterday, the winner of Bingham Milkins could be considered favourite.

Postby Cloud Strife

Looking like Judd's tournament to lose.

Don't see Donaldson giving him any problems at all even if Judd gets complacent and plays only his B or C game. Should be a comfortable win whichever way you look at it.

Bingham and Milkins are both terrible these days. That's a 50-50 match, IMO. Don't see either providing much resistance to Trump in the final. Hope not anyway, as a Trump win would be much better for the sport.

Postby mick745

A lot has been made of Bingham's 'easy' path through but he beat similarly ranked players to those that the other top 16 players tripped up on.

However I would be suprised if it wasn't a Bingham v Trump final.

This is Bingham's 4th ranking SF this season and he is the 9th highest earner this season.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Probably the first tournament in a while where I don't particularly like any of the remaining players, although Bingham has been knocking on the door of a title all season, so credit to him for persevering.

I think i'd be content with either Donaldson v Milkins, or Bingham v Trump. Any other match up and I fear a repeat of the 2015 Welsh Open, which was one of the most disappointing in recent memory.

Postby Iranu

Why did Judd screw back there? Looked like the black potted and as usual he made the pot 5x more difficult by trying to get back to baulk.

Postby Vallomas

The TV coverage in the whole tournament is annoying. All time the cameramen and the director think that the players go for the pot - and when actually a player goes for the pot, they very often miss the correct pocket!