Post a reply

Coral Welsh Open last 128 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 13th of February ~ Sunday 19th of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

The Final event of the Home Nations series reach Cardiff and the longest serving event of the series having been played non stop since 1992 beore defending Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan turned pro and chinese sensations Zhou Yueelong, Yan Bingtao and Zhao Xintong was even born.

This year they will be playing for the Ray Reardon trophy, Ray is now 84 but in his hayday of the 70s and early 80s he was the toughest player to beat winning 6 World Titles.

Ronnie O'Sullivan will be defending his title with everyone up against him World and UK Champion Mark Selby will be heading the challengers.

Will we have another surprise 40+ winner maybe Rory McLeod?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Tom Ford
Mark J Williams v Elliot Slessor
Scott Donaldson v Jack Lisowski
Marco Fu v Martin Gould
Ricky Walden v Graeme Dott
Neil Robertson v Jimmy White
Judd Trump v Andrew Higginson
Allister Carter v Zhao Xintong
David Gilbert v Ryan Day
Luca Brecel v Anthony Hamilton
John Higgins v Sam Baird
Stuart Bingham v Matthew Stevens
Liang Wenbo v Rod Lawler
Duane Jones v Michael White
Dominic Dale v Zhang Anda
Joe Perry v Anthony McGill
Ding Junhui v Robin Hull
Oliver Lines v Eden Sharav
James Wattana v Xiao Guodong
Michael Holt v Mitchell Mann
Kyren Wilson v Sean O'Sullivan
Yan Bingtao v Daniel Wells
Mark Selby v Liam Highfield

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Welsh Open last 128 !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Looking forward to this now. :D

With my fancy new internet phone, I'll be able to post on the forum whilst being away at a tournament.

You lucky, lucky things.

Postby Wildey

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Eurosport, or BBC 2 Wales.

Quest?

not on quest

Postby Alex0paul

ridiculous draw to have some matches including Walden v Dott, Gilbert v Day, Perry v McGill when there is Stefanow v Wild and Swail v Davison

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

David Hendon ‏@davehendon
Welsh Open live all day on Eurosport 2 from 10am. Six live matches plus @markwil147 in the studio this afternoon #homenations

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently, the last three tournaments, Robertson has lost to the eventual winner.

Robertson clarifies.

Neil Robertson ‏@nr147
Lost to the winner 3 of the last 4

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I preferred this last year when they had a million matches in one day.

Has the format changed?

Format is still the same. The scheduling has changed however. They've been much more sensible this year.

If you remember back last year they had all 64 first round matches played on the opening day. I enjoyed that in a weird, masochistic kind of way lol.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I preferred this last year when they had a million matches in one day.

Has the format changed?

Format is still the same. The scheduling has changed however. They've been much more sensible this year.

If you remember back last year they had all 64 first round matches played on the opening day. I enjoyed that in a weird, masochistic kind of way lol.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm half-tempted to take the day off Friday for the Gibraltar Open, then not move out of the way of the TV screen for three days.

Probably won't though. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Eurosport UK ‏@Eurosport_UK
LIVE @Coral Welsh Open at 12.45pm on Eurosport 2. We're very happy to welcome 2-time Welsh Open and World Champ @markwil147 into our studio

Postby SnookerEd25

Quite a few whitewashes so far :

Dominic Dale over Zhang Anda
Jamie Cope over Nigel Bond
Thepchaiya un-Nooh over Ben Woollaston
Paul S. Davison over Joe Swail

also : Scott Donaldson 4-1 Jack Lisowski

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Quite a few whitewashes so far :

Dominic Dale over Zhang Anda
Jamie Cope over Nigel Bond
Thepchaiya un-Nooh over Ben Woollaston
Paul S. Davison over Joe Swail

also : Scott Donaldson 4-1 Jack Lisowski

Good to see Dominic Dale go to the next round, as a Welshman.

And, of course, it's his year to win a tournament. :evilgrin:

Postby hendry_fan

Is it to much to ask to get threads bumped up?.

I asked kindly twice if a mod could bump the World Grand Prix thread up,but not one of them even bovered too. :roll:

I,ll ask kindly again,3rd time lucky maybe,....

Dear Mods,or a Mod,could one of you please bump this thread,future threads up to the front page,where the HOT TOPICS is,it would be much appreciated,i know it,s a small issue,but i,m sure that way more will comment and read comments,everyone will benefit from it,even if it <only> takes a click,2 more to land on the threads anyway.

Kindest regards,

hendry_fan.

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Is it to much to ask to get threads bumped up?.

I asked kindly twice if a mod could bump the World Grand Prix thread up,but not one of them even bovered too. :roll:

Dear Mods,or a Mod,could one of you please bump this thread,future threads up to the front page,where the HOT TOPICS is,it would be much appreciated,i know it,s a small issue,but i,m sure that way more will comment and read comments,everyone will benefit from it,even if it <only> takes a click,2 more to land on the threads anyway.

Kindest regards,

hendry_fan.

Agreed. If you land on this forum as a newbie it's hard to find the current tournaments

I always use the 'active topics' button to see new threads and discussions, took me a while to work out this method though.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Isn't Wild the only active mod left?

Yeah, and he's playing Stefanow later!

Edit. Never mind, I just got the joke....

<doh>

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Is it to much to ask to get threads bumped up?.

Kindest regards,

hendry_fan.

Agreed. If you land on this forum as a newbie it's hard to find the current tournaments

I always use the 'active topics' button to see new threads and discussions, took me a while to work out this method though.

Hi D-C,

Hope your fine?,

I take it you,ve been busy,as you did,nt comment much at all throughout the Grand Prix. :-(

Thanx for your support,your "if you land on this forum as a newbie it's hard to find the current tournaments" bit was a strong point i was gettin at.

Funnily enough,it also actually took me a while to work out about the "active topics" method,or better said,it was,nt so much the working of it out,tbh,i did,nt even bl**dy see it,coincidentaly i stumbled on it one day :emb: :-D

All the same though,it would be better if actual tourneys were to be bumped on onto the front page,ie,"the HOT TOPICS bit.

Even though millions have a computer,tons don,t know how to use certain functions properly,especially the older :gramp: ones,so it,s obviously better to make things as simple as possible.

I personaly welcome"newbies" here on Snooker Island,bout time we had a good few more newbies here,(especially if they,re Hendry,Scottish,or Selby fans ;-) ),making things here as easy as possible is obviously gonna get newbies intrested/attracted,we might get a few more old fogeys commentating in the future,talkin of O F,s,wheres MOONDAN!,i have,nt seen him commentating here for donkeys years,i hope he,s ok. :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Rob Walker ‏@robwalkertv looking forward to Day one at the Welsh open. Commentating with the legendary Terry Griffiths this aft on Higgins v Baird.

rofl rofl rofl

I might buy an earpiece in Cardiff, just to hear some Rob Walker commentary.