Post a reply

Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Final !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 6th of February ~ Sunday 12th of February at the Preston Guild Hall

Ryan Day in his 4th Ranking Final taking on Barry Hawkins who is playing in his 5th having won twice before

Can Ryan Day at last win?

DRAW

Final

Barry Hawkins v Ryan Day

HEAD TO HEAD

Overall Hawkins leads 12-10
Main Events Tied at 5-5
Multi Session Matches Day leads 1-0
Finals First Final

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Final !!!!

Postby Gridlock

Will be watching while making some Upper Michigan pasties and drinking tea followed by Ardbeg 10 single malt.

Postby Andre147

Very interesting fact that the last Final played at the Guild Hall, the 2014 Players Championhip Grand Final, was between Hawkins and Day, Hawkins prevailing 4-3. How some things pan out is really amazing...

Hoping for a good Final, with a Day win of course. If he doesn't, at least make Barry fight for it. Nothing worse than Day folding and giving Barry and easy win.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:Very interesting fact that the last Final played at the Guild Hall, the 2014 Players Championhip Grand Final, was between Hawkins and Day, Hawkins prevailing 4-3. How some things pan out is really amazing...

Hoping for a good Final, with a Day win of course. If he doesn't, at least make Barry fight for it. Nothing worse than Day folding and giving Barry and easy win.

Hawkins beat Greene in the final

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Very interesting fact that the last Final played at the Guild Hall, the 2014 Players Championhip Grand Final, was between Hawkins and Day, Hawkins prevailing 4-3. How some things pan out is really amazing...

Ok then. Still, Hawkins clearly loves the venue. And they did play in that tournament, but it wasn't the Final, but last 16 match, Hawkins won 4-3.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Ok then. Still, Hawkins clearly loves the venue. And they did play in that tournament, but it wasn't the Final, but last 1 match, Hawkins won 4-3.

Made the semis of the second to last event at the Guild Hall too

Postby Midnight Express

Worst.tournament.in.recent.memory
Concludes with a (most likely) boring final.

Hawkins vs Day??
#nobody cares

I hope Day wins (I've no idea who he is) but I hate Hawkins.

Tomorrow I'm gonna watch last year's Masters final when Ronnie destroyed Hawkins. hahaha good times!

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:Will be watching while making some Upper Michigan pasties and drinking tea followed by Ardbeg 10 single malt.

Good day Mr G,i hope your fine?.

"Upper Michigan pasties",mmmmhhhh,sound very tasty,not sure bout the Ardbeg 10 single malt though. ;-)

I,m so pleased for Ryan that he,s gotten this far and has another chance to finaly win his first bit o silverware.

Would be awesome if Day pulls it off tday,he indeed caught an off song Fu yesterday,well at least after the 7th frame he did :-),can he also catch an off song/ish Hawkins tday.

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ON RYAN!,TIME TO GIVE IT YOUR ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!.

And if there,s a frame where you need 4 snookers,play on,don,t give up,you might just be able to pull it off again. ;-) :-D

Postby TheSaviour

Barry´s certainly a strange one. He never plays any "showcase" cue ball manouverings. Even he certainly is that much good that he could. There were times when Ronnie, Mark Williams, even John Higgins almost always cleared up the colours with those shots. And even Judd Trump during his "funny months".. rofl rofl rofl rofl
It just hase gone out of the fashion.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 13 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Barry Hearn‏ @BarryHearn
@kennyjnr1 @snookerbacker Crowds will get better. Best of 7 works. Players love playing for decent prizemoney. Well done 3 comments wrong !

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Marco Fu‏ @Marcofu18
Gutted but the right result for me last night, didn't think l could win with the way l felt ...good luck Ryan Day in the final...

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Barry Hearn‏ @BarryHearn
@kennyjnr1 @snookerbacker Crowds will get better. Best of 7 works. Players love playing for decent prizemoney. Well done 3 comments wrong !

Best if seven are marmite.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:

Vast majority agree with you, but of course Hearn reckons they're great, and that he's right and everybody else is wrong. :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Vast majority agree with you, but of course Hearn reckons they're great, and that he's right and everybody else is wrong. :roll:

Notice he says they work, rather than they're good.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I think the crowd size is exposed moreso because this came straight after the German Masters. The Tempodrom is obviously a pretty big venue, but there was hardly a spare seat throughout the entire event and it was great to see such big and enthusiastic crowds, even for the early rounds.

I've enjoyed this event, will enjoy the final too, but the atmosphere leaves much to be desired.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:I think the crowd size is exposed moreso because this came straight after the German Masters. The Tempodrom is obviously a pretty big venue, but there was hardly a spare seat throughout the entire event and it was great to see such big and enthusiastic crowds, even for the early rounds.

I've enjoyed this event, will enjoy the final too, but the atmosphere leaves much to be desired.

Less events in Germany though, to be fair.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Hawkins favourite?

I'd say so. But Day's head-to-head record is quite encouraging.

If this was next week's Welsh Open Final - I'd maybe fancy Day to do it, in front of his home support to complete a fairytale win!

But, I'm going for Hawkins 10-7 Day

Postby hendry_fan

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Hawkins favourite?

I'd say so. But Day's head-to-head record is quite encouraging.

If this was next week's Welsh Open Final - I'd maybe fancy Day to do it, in front of his home support to complete a fairytale win!

But, I'm going for Hawkins 10-7 Day

Good day PoolBoy,

Correct me if i,m wrong,but you,re a mod here are,nt you?,if so,could you please bump this thread up,or could you please tell the other mods who have the power to bump it up,to please do so.

I know,it,s a small issue,but it,d be much appreciated not only by myself,but i,m sure also by others here too,thanx. <ok> :-)