Post a reply

Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 6th of February ~ Sunday 12th of February at the Preston Guild Hall

Semi Finals consists of 4 players that aren't serial ranking event winners with Marco Fu winner of 3 ranking events the most experienced at the latter stages of tournaments.

Ryan Day who has been runner up in 3 ranking events the last time 9 years ago is hoping he will follow in the footsteps of Mark King and Anthony Hamilton and pick up his maiden win.

Who will reach the final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Liang Wenbo v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 3-1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marco Fu v Ryan Day Marco Fu leads 6-4

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

I think the best possible outcomes for the Final would be, firstly, Fu v Hawkins, and then maybe Liang v Fu.

I want Day to win this title and follow Ants and King's footsteps.

Postby Iranu

Unless Marco's level drops I can't see Ryan beating him.

I guess Barry's the favourite in the other final but you really never know with him.

Still want Fu to win this tournament. The way he's played the last few months he's been so good to watch. Probably been the most exciting player, putting my Ronnie bias to one side.

Postby Andre147

I agree with Iranu, since the UK Champs and especially since his Scottish Open win Fu has been the most exciting player to watch as he's on great form. A minor blip at the German Masters, but since the UK he's been in the form of his life.

But right now focusing on this one.. want Barry to win.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Phil Yates always speaks like he's having a stroke.

He's full of cliches. he comes across as someone in his commentary who is always desperatly trying to create an Hollywood film, and to no surprise since them are also full of clichés...

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:

He's full of cliches. he comes across as someone in his commentary who is always desperatly trying to create an Hollywood film, and to no surprise since them are also full of clichés...

I actually feel like the content of Yates' commentary, which is generally decent, is overshadowed by the fact that he acts as though what he's saying is the most important sentence in the history of mankind.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I actually feel like the content of Yates' commentary, which is generally decent, is overshadowed by the fact that he acts as though what he's saying is the most important sentence in the history of mankind.

:goodpost: